Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who read and especially to those of you who reviewed the first part to this story! I’m in awe of your response and so very happy you’re intrigued with the fic. Some of your questions will be responded on this part, some won’t; I just beg your patience, everything will be explained… eventually. *wide evil grin* Don’t you just love me being cryptic-gal here? Mwhahahaha!


A million thanks to my lovely friends Tina and Deanna, for all their help with this chapter; and to Carrie, for being such an inspiration and reading the chapter through to see if it actually made sense. I don’t know what I’d without any or all of you in my life… love you, cariños! *huggles*
Disclaimer²: Some of the dialogue in this chapter was directly taken from the episode “When She Was Bad”. It’s not mine, it’s property of Joss Whedon, ME and its writers.

Warning: Rated 18, mostly for violence. It's not all that bad (at least I don't think it is) but you're warned. ;)

Part 2

He was a glutton for punishment, that’s all there was to it. He’d seen the girl looking sad and dejected and both his inner Victorian gentleman and his demon had demanded that he make it better, to hell with who she was.

Oh, he’d known she was the Slayer from the get go. After all, what self-respecting master vampire wouldn’t? Didn’t stop him from approaching the girl and talking to her until he got a smile out of her, though, did it? And what a smile that was! She’d lit up the room, er, street with it. The tinkling sound of her laughter was music to his ears and the sensation of her tiny hand in his made him feel things he had no business feeling. And the worst part? He didn’t bloody care. Not tonight, at least.

As soon as they entered the club, he immediately noticed that it was filled with lots of teeny boppers, and if he wasn’t mistaken, a few vampires were milling about here and there as well.

He smirked when he recognized one vampire in particular. One he hadn’t seen in a long, very long, time. Angelus, or rather Angel, the soulful brooding wonder, spotted him almost instantly and was coming to meet him now, his dark eyes screaming bloody murder, which only made Spike’s smirk widen.

He hadn’t wanted the Slayer to discover he was a vampire in quite this way, but he wasn’t about to let the poof scare him off, either.

“What the hell are you doing here?” the brunet vampire growled, his eyes flashing amber.

Spike was about to respond, but the girl by his side beat him to it, taking him completely by surprise when she released his hand and stepped forward, standing between him and the dark haired vampire. “I have as much right to be here as you do, Angel. More even, since this is actually a club open to teenagers and if I’m not mistaken, you’re long past that age.”

Oh, fuck him sideways! Now this, he hadn’t expected. Good ol’ Angelus was the Slayer’s non-boyfriend? Priceless! It was even better than he could have imagined… if he lived long enough to go through with the Slayer’s plan to make the poof jealous, that is.

Taking advantage that neither of them were paying attention to him at the moment, he moved slightly to the right, both to have a better look of the proceedings and to be at the ready in case Buffy needed him to intervene. Not that he thought she would need him to, even a blind man would notice the aura of strength and power that surrounded the petit blonde.

“I didn’t mean—” Angel started, his eyes pleading with her, giving her the kicked puppy look he’d perfected so many years ago and that used to drive him absolutely bonkers because of the effect it had on his Dru. It didn’t seem to work on the Slayer, though, or not anymore at least, because she leveled him with an icy glare that had Spike chuckling inwardly and made Angel effectively shut his gob up.

And bloody hell, if he wasn’t impressed by her standing up to the ponce like this!

“Yeah, that’s the problem, isn’t it? You never mean to do anything or say anything or… you know what? I don’t care anymore.” She waved Angel off, turning toward him with the sweetest smile and a fire in her eyes that just blew the blond vampire away. “Come on, baby, you promised me a dance.”

Spike barely had time to nod before the brooding pillock—who apparently didn’t hear the finality in her voice when she spoke to him before—grabbed the Slayer by the arm and hauled her forcefully to face him again. “Buffy, you have to listen to…”

Her green eyes flared with anger as she wrenched her arm free from the git’s grip. Christ, if she wasn’t a vision when she was furious!

I don’t have to do anything. And really, could you contemplate getting over yourself for a second and listen to me for once?” she asked. “There’s no ‘us’, there’s you and there’s me, but not together, capisce?” She sighed, shaking her head. “Look, Angel, I’m sorry if I was supposed to spend the summer mooning over you, but… I didn’t. I’ve moved on… to him,” she said with a little smile in Spike’s direction, extending her hand to link with Spike’s. “He’s my boyfriend, not you. Now, excuse us, because we have better things to do than talk to you. ”

The platinum blond couldn’t resist throwing Angel a triumphant grin over his shoulder as Buffy all but dragged him to the dance floor. He almost felt sorry for the poor sod. Almost. Until their eyes met and he realized if looks were stakes he’d be dust by now with the ones Grandpop kept throwing him.

In his opinion, this was poetic justice for all the times the dark haired vampire fucked his ripe wicked plum without any regard for his feelings. A little jealousy never hurt anyone, anyway. Hadn’t the git told him just that more times than he could remember? Perhaps he should try to see how much more jealous he could make him? After all, the girl had asked for his help. It was the least he could do.

He almost wished Angel were stupid enough to actually try something else, because he’d pay good money to see this blonde goddess in action. Her eyes gleaming like iridescent emeralds, her body tense and coiled, ready to attack at the merest hint of danger.

Fuck, he’d gladly fight her himself if it didn’t mean giving away his undead status.

Spike was sure she didn’t know what he was… yet. If she did, there was no bloody way she would have wrapped her arms around his neck as soon as they reached the dance floor. Or press her lithe, little body closer to his as they swayed to the sultry music being played on stage.

His hands fell to her waist, turning her around so her back was against his front. He savored the seductive, sensual way in which her hips moved against his. Felt his cock harden and swell, straining against his tight jeans when one of her hands climbed up to curve around the nape of his neck. Nearly forgot where he was and why, when her luscious ass ground into his hardness.

He could easily lose himself in her, so bleeding easily.

Spike twisted her around in his arms again as he fought for control. As he fought to remind himself of the reason they were doing this. As he fought to remember that the girl wasn’t his.

The blond vampire raised his eyes and saw Angel on the other side of the floor, watching them intently as they danced; his fury palpable even from a distance, crackling the air with its intensity and he smirked in response. Served him bloody right, too, for whatever he did to the heavenly creature in his arms.

His curiosity tempered his lust for the moment and he lowered his lips to her ear to whisper, “So, tell me, love, is that the pillock you’re hidin’ from?”

She moved her head a bit back to be able to see him, frowning. “I’m not sure what a pillock is, but if it’s something insulting he probably is just that. And nope, I told you already, I’m not hiding from anybody, least of all him,” she practically spat the last word.

“If you say so, pet. Jus’ thought, what with the way he’s lookin’ at us right now, you might have some sort `f history together.”

“He’s looking at us?” she asked and he nodded.

“Uh-huh, and if looks killed, I’d probably be six feet under at the mo’.”

The Slayer chewed on her bottom lip and he bit back a groan, wishing it were him doing that for her. She stared at him for a second, before sighing deeply. “Okay, yeah, Angel and I had some sort of… er, understanding before I went away for the summer, and well, now he…” she paused, her nose scrunched adorably as she struggled to find the right words, so he decided to help her out.

“He doesn’ get that you’re over him an’ that’s why you asked for my help, that it?”

She shrugged. “Yes, pretty much.”

“Well,” he lowered his head to hers, brushing her lips with his once, reveling in her sharp intake of breath and the way her tiny hands tightened around his neck. “What say you we make him really jealous then, pet?” he inquired.

* ~ * ~ * ~ *

Buffy could only nod in answer to his question, not really sure of what he’d asked. She’d stopped listening after his lips touched hers, at any rate. It was the briefest of kisses, so soft and chaste she wasn’t certain it could even qualify as one, and yet it left her longing for more in ways Angel’s never did.

Her eyes drifted shut as he leaned in to kiss her again, the tip of his tongue sliding across the seam of her lips and slipping inside when she moaned softly. His hands roamed downwards until they reached the curve of her ass, splaying his fingers over her hips to press her closer to his body, making her gasp into his mouth when once again she felt the evidence of his desire against her abdomen. Her hands traveled up to his shoulders, hanging on tight to him as she fought to keep upright on slightly shaky knees.

He tasted of cigarettes, liquor and something slightly coppery, all blending enticingly in an intoxicating flavor that left her slightly dizzy and craving for more; bulldozing over any previous beliefs she’d had over any or all of those before tonight.

It took her completely by surprise that this… man, this stranger, could make her feel things she hadn’t felt in months. Could make her feel alive in ways she didn’t anticipate when she met him outside The Bronze. Could make everything that had been hurting deep inside disappear as she lost herself in his soft lips, in him, in the way he looked at her, kissed her, in her body’s response to his touch.

The blonde girl nearly sobbed her objection when she felt someone gripped her arm, ripping her away from Spike’s lips, but instead of crying, this only served to fuel her rage.

She didn’t give much thought to who her aggressor might be, nor did she care. She was seething, completely fed up that anyone dared to interrupt her so rudely. Grabbing the offending limb, she twisted it in on itself, until she was free from its hold and then bent it around her attacker’s back, applying just enough strength to make him drop to the floor as he howled in pain.

She didn’t let go of the dark haired vampire, though—especially not after discovering it was him—lowering herself to whisper threateningly in his ear, “If you ever try that again, I swear you won’t live to see another night.”

“Y-you don’t understand, Buff—”

“No, it seems it’s you who doesn’t understand. Leave. Me. Alone,” she gritted through clenched teeth. “I don’t need your cryptic warnings; I don’t need you stalking me and I certainly don’t need you to interrupt when my boyfriend is kissing me. Actually, I don’t need anything from you.”

“He isn’t who…”

“Spike is…” she began, tugging harder on Angel’s arm before raising her eyes up to the other man, who was looking at them with something akin to reverent awe mixed with amusement. He seemed ready to jump right into the action, too, if she needed him and wasn’t that a nice change? “…my boyfriend and you don’t get to mess with him or with me or you’ll regret it. Alright?”

The brunet vampire tried to pull himself free from her grip, growling menacingly at Spike and she shook her head, applying yet more pressure on his limb until he whimpered pitifully. Was he always this difficult? she wondered to herself. “Ugh, you’re really pushing your luck, buddy. We’re attracting enough attention as it is. Isn’t having your ass kicked by a little girl in front of all these people enough humiliation for one night?” she asked, sighing as she tried to hold on to what little was left of her patience. “Why can’t you just let it go?”

“I… can’t.”

“You can’t or you won’t? Because really, Angel, I’m done with this, I’m done with you. If you have any inside info to share, well, go to Giles. We both know you’re good at going to him behind my back anyway.”

“That was just—”

“I don’t care what it was,” she said sharply, interrupting him again. “I just don’t want you to cross my path again, unless it’s absolutely necessary. Now, I’m going to let go of you, but if you try anything, I swear to God, Angel… you won’t know what hit you.”

Buffy waited a beat for him to nod his agreement to her terms before releasing him as if burnt, leaving him crumpled and alone on the dance floor. She blushed slightly when she noticed that some of the dancing couples that were close by had their eyes glued to them in morbid fascination.

Oh well, much as she hated being the center of the attention, she hated being patronized even more. And really? Angel had it coming. Who did he think he was anyway?

She quickly forgot all about Angel and anybody else when Spike suddenly appeared right in front of her, his indigo gaze piercing and intense as it held her in its spell. Admiration, respect, wonder and just a hint of devious delight were clearly etched in his features as his hands cupped her cheeks. His face slowly descending toward hers, hopefully to pick up right where they’d left off before the interruption.

It just wasn’t meant to be.

His lips were but a hairsbreadth from hers when she caught something in the periphery of her vision. Something that made her internally groan and ask the heavens if she would ever catch a break. Judging by the disappointed looks her friends were throwing her when she finally looked their way, she truly doubted it.

Oh joy, this was just what she needed to make her night complete… another confrontation.

tbc


Chapter End Notes:
Like, dislike, have more questions that haven’t be answered yet? *giggles* I’d love to know if you’re inclined to tell me.


Part 3 is written and partly beta’d so with any luck I’ll post it sometime next week depending on my vacation schedule.


Have a happy weekend! I know I will since I’m going to visit my grandma and enjoy a much needed time off from work. ;)


*hugs*