[Reviews - 53] LikedPrinter
Summary: Buffy Summers has had it with pretending to be over her death and playing nice with the souled-up vampire she's come to loathe. When she meets Spike in the street outside The Bronze, she immediately takes a liking to him and makes him a deal: she'll show him around town if he agrees to be her boyfriend for the night.
Rated: NC-17
Categories: General Fics Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No
Word count: 13063 Read: 7079
Published: 03/29/2009 Updated: 05/03/2009

1. Part 1 by dusty273 [Reviews - 13] Liked (2826 words)
Written for the spuffy_wonder 80 prompts challenge: What if Spike were the one Buffy used to make Angel jealous in When She Was Bad? I was about to give up on writing for this prompt, thinking anything I might come up would end up too similar to Into the Night. I actually asked Deanna if I could change my prompt and we began chatting and one thing led to the other and before I knew it, I had the start of this story written. Long story short, I wrote over 4,000 words of it last weekend and during the week, I toyed and fiddled with it and at the moment have over 6,000, and instead of a one-shot, I’m looking at a multi-chapter WIP. *sighs* Just what I need, right?

Beta Reader: OkDeanna, thank you for spurring my muse into action with this prompt and for all your help with this story. I don’t think it would exist without you. *huggles* Thank you as well to Carrie for reading what I have so far and for your suggestions, especially the paragraph before the first flashback, which she wrote it and let me use. I just modified it a bit, but it was too brilliant and fit too well into the story not to add. *wuggles* And last, but not least, mil gracias to Tina, my sweet sister, for the read-through and just being her sweet self. *snuggles*

ETA: Deanna just made the most gorgeous banner for this story and I just had to add it! *bounces* Isn't it perfect?

2. Part 2 by dusty273 [Reviews - 7] Liked (2608 words)
Thank you to everyone who read and especially to those of you who reviewed the first part to this story! I’m in awe of your response and so very happy you’re intrigued with the fic. Some of your questions will be responded on this part, some won’t; I just beg your patience, everything will be explained… eventually. *wide evil grin* Don’t you just love me being cryptic-gal here? Mwhahahaha!


A million thanks to my lovely friends Tina and Deanna, for all their help with this chapter; and to Carrie, for being such an inspiration and reading the chapter through to see if it actually made sense. I don’t know what I’d without any or all of you in my life… love you, cariños! *huggles*

3. Part 3 by dusty273 [Reviews - 11] Liked (3114 words)
Many thanks to all of you who reviewed! It makes me so very happy to know you're enjoying this story.

Many thanks as always to my very lovely friends Tina and Deanna, for editing this chapter for me and for all their wonderful suggestions. Thanks, as well to Carrie for the read-through. And all of you, for your support, especially this last week. I don't know what I'd do without you, cariños. *huggles*

4. Part 4 by dusty273 [Reviews - 9] Liked (2713 words)
Thank you to all of you who keep reading and reviewing! I truly can’t convey how much it means that you’re enjoying this story, especially since I’m having such a great time writing it. And of course, my muse and I are chuffed to bits that we managed to surprise the majority of you with the ending to chapter 3! *wide evil grin*


Un millón de gracias to my lovely betas, Tina and Deanna. I can’t thank you both enough for all you do for me, for your very helpful edits and suggestions. And thanks, as well, to Carrie, for reading the chapters through and offering me very good advice. Your friendship is invaluable to me, my darlings! Love you three to pieces! *huggles*

5. Part 5 by dusty273 [Reviews - 13] Liked (1802 words)
I can’t thank you all enough for your very kind reviews. I’m delighted that you’re enjoying this story. Sorry it took me a little longer to post this chapter and it might take me even longer to reply to reviews and post the next chapter; however, one of my daughters caught a virus at the start of the week and now the other is sick, too. Tending to them is not too conducive to getting inspired to write and leaves me with little time for other things, add to that that my shoulder decided to act up today, which is the reason I have to beg for your forgiveness and patience in that regard. I promise to try to catch up in responding reviews between tomorrow and Monday. *sighs*


Thank you as well to Tina, Deanna and Carrie, for all your helpful edits and suggestions with this story. Muse is still pulling me in the direction she wants, but if it weren’t for the three of you I’d feel truly lost. *snuggles*


Last but not least, thank you to Carrie for nominating this story for Best Episode Stealer, Best Challenge Response and Best Buffy Characterisation and me for Best Author in Round 6 at the Spark and Burn Awards. Your support and enthusiasm mean the world to me, honey! *wuggles*