Author's Chapter Notes:
Save a Jake, write a review
Spike looked up to see a flash of blonde attached to a seriously pissed off Summers woman standing in front of him. “Can I help you with something Ms. Summers?” He tried to advert his eyes around the woman’s form in search of the girl who’d broken his heart earlier but his gaze shifted back when an index finger came within inches of his face.

“You no good son of a God damned bitch! You ought to rot in hell for what you’re doing! My God boy, did you even think about what you were doing or were you just thinking with your dick? You honestly thought you could get away with this with MY daughter? How long have you been fucking little miss bottle blonde-and- mush-for-brains? I thought you were better than that William, but I guess you are just trailer trash like everyone said. Stay the hell away from my daughter from now on! I don’t want to see you within thirty feet of our house and if you see her at school, you sure as hell better turn and walk the other way with your head down. You aren’t worthy to look at her. You’re the lowest of the low boy and the sooner you learn that cheaters get what’s coming to them the better! Believe me, you will get what’s coming to you!”

Spike stood to raise himself over the woman’s height as his jaw clenched in anger. He stared straight into Buffy’s eyes as he carefully chose his next words. “Why don’t you ask your daughter who slept around on who? By the way Joyce, don’t ever speak to me that way again and you might want to get your daughter one of those little home pregnancy tests.” At her stunned expression, he continued, enjoying the widening of the petite blonde’s eyes as she crouched lower into the shiny red plastic booth across the diner. “She didn’t tell you then, too bad. Yeah Joycie, your one ‘n only might have a bun in the oven and I’m sure as hell that it isn’t mine. Might want to question your boy there Ms. Summers, you know the girl just can’t keep her pants on, might’ve fucked your own fiancé.”

His cocky stance shrunk as Buffy ran past their table with tears flying from her face as she ran out of the diner and into the middle of the town square. It took only moments before Spike was sporting a red mark across his cheek and Joyce Summers ran after her daughter, herding her into the waiting Jeep before anyone could ask any questions.

Joyce watched her daughter out of the corner of her eye as the young girl seemed to fold within herself, the tears wracking her tiny body as she whimpered in fear and rejection. Once parked in the driveway, Joyce leaned over the seats and held the sobbing girl in an awkward but comforting gesture. She whispered heart-felt endearments to her as she made out the words ‘wasn’t my fault’ and ‘ I never cheated on him’. The statements were finished off with ‘I can’t have a baby…need to get rid of it.’ It broke the older woman’s heart to see her child in distress and she held her closer to her as she ran her hands down her back in a comforting gesture, silently reveling in the fact that she wasn’t being pushed away for her concern.

“Come on then…hot chocolate and movies tonight. I think we both need a break from the real world. We can talk about everything tomorrow but tonight is all about relaxing and new rule! No mentioning that little cretins name in our house ever again! We can use idiot or asshole or you can pick one later.” Joyce gave a thousand-watt smile as she leaned over to unhook the still-trembling girl’s seatbelt.

Buffy gave her mother a small smile before climbing out of the car and heading inside where she promptly collapsed on the couch, waiting for hot chocolate and other various comfort foods to make their way to her.

2 hours later…

A knock at the door broke the laughter of the two women as they chuckled and bonded over a private screening of ‘Princess Bride’.

“I’ll get it mom, it’s probably Willow or someone making sure I’m ok.” Buffy chuckled as her mother shot an ‘As you wish’ in her direction before throwing the front door open. Her eyes widened in disbelief as she took in the leather duster and platinum blonde hair before her. “What the hell are you doing here Spike?”

Spike shuffled his feet as he stood on the front porch of the Summers’ home. “Thought we needed to talk…’bout what happened before…”

“I think you said enough in the diner William, but please if you feel that it’s necessary print out flyers to post around town or maybe take out a billboard. Although I’m sure it’s not necessary, half of Sunnydale has probably heard by now. Goodbye William.” With that, Buffy slammed the front door shut and collapsed back on the couch where she received a pat on the knee from her smiling mother.

“Good job sweetie. Show him he didn’t get to you. You’re better than he is, you didn’t stoop to underhanded methods.”

Buffy rolled her eyes as the pounding on the door increased in tempo and loudness as the movie progressed. Before long her mother had left to go to bed and it was just her sitting on the couch. With a groan she stood and swung the door open again. This time jumping back as Spike rolled in backwards from his place leaning against the door.

“Bloody Hell!” Spike struggled to right himself as he leaned against her legs. He took a deep breath as he tried to control himself from being eye level with his favorite place in the world. ‘Bloody hell chit went commando!’ A sharp nudge to the ribs brought him back and he gave a small smile to the glaring girl above him.

“You have exactly five seconds to explain why you’re here. Make them count William! After this I never want to see you or hear from you ever again. I want you out of my life forever. If we see each other in the hall, don’t speak to me, don’t even look at me and I’ll do the same to you.”

Spike frowned at her declaration that she never wanted to see him again. It didn’t bode well for the next words out of his mouth.

“I love you” His only response was her harsh, humorless laughter as he sat at her feet prepared to grovel or at the very least sleep in the foyer until the police forcibly removed him from the premises.