Buffy took her seat at the back of the classroom, waiting for her philosophy teacher to begin what was bound to be a boring lecture.
She dropped her head to the desk, reveling in the cool feel of the wood, as he droned on and on about some guy in the 18th century that probably said something sort of important.

“Miss Summers?” The bald-headed man was looking straight at her, beady little eyes trained on the top of her head. “Would you like to answer the question?”

She shook her head once to clear her mind. “Not really. What was the question?”

Snyder shook his head and let out an exasperated sigh, “Who posed the mind-body problem?”

She blinked and ran her hand through her slightly tangled hair, trying to remember anything about philosophy but all she was coming up with was…

“Aristotle.”

With a groan, the little beady-eyed rat-faced teacher glared at her.
“If you were to pay attention in the class, you would know that is was Descartes and not Aristotle who posed the mind-body problem.”

Buffy did her best to appear sheepish, knowing full well her mistake would be forgotten momentarily when Snyder chose another victim to answer another question no one cared about.

“Now Miss Summers, please describe the properties of the mind-body problem to the class.”

Her eyes bugged. How the hell was she supposed to describe the problem if she couldn’t even remember who wrote the problem in the first place.

“You may use your book,” Buffy stared blankly at him.

“Page 209, Miss Summers.” Her gave her another glare as he pointed towards the unopened book on her desk.

Flipping clumsily to the correct page, she began to read. *The body has property A. The mind has property non-A. If two things do not have exactly identical properties, then they cannot be identical. Therefore, the mind and body are not identical. They are two completely different entities.”*

“Very good. Now, who can explain what that meant?”

Buffy let the other, more eager, students take charge of deciphering Descartes. She had only twenty-seven minutes left of class before she was done for the day. With that thought, she dropped her head back onto the desk and watched as everything turned black and the voices of the people around her faded.

“Buffy” There was a knock at her bedroom door. It was him again. “Can I come in, sweetheart?”

Buffy cringed slightly from her desk at the school as she heard herself croak out an answer, knowing there was nothing she could do to prevent what had already happened, even if it was only the day before.

The hulking figure entered the room quietly, waiting until she had placed her homework on the night stand before edging his way onto the bed beside her, hands pinning her in place against the headboard.

“How was your day?” His rich baritone voice temporarily making her forget what he had done or was planning to do in the future.

“It was good. Mr. Snyder totally flipped at this one joke that Xander made during philosophy but no one got sent to detention so it all ended well.” She noted his hand coming to rest on her exposed thigh, rubbing soft circles over the bare flesh, but didn’t comment.

“What was the joke?”

“Ok, so Descartes walks into a café and sits down. The waiter comes up and asks him if he’s ready to order and Descartes like ‘I think not’ and disappears. Cause you know I think, therefore I am and everything.” She laughed nervously. “So then Mr. Snyder gets all huffy and Willow joins in and she’s like ‘Why did the chicken cross the road?’ and Mr. Snyder’s just staring at her like she’s crazy right and she yells out ‘It was a hen’ you know cause it was Molly Yard and feminism.”

His hand began shifting higher until he was stroking her inner thigh yet still she didn’t protest. It wasn’t until he was removing her track shorts that she felt a wave a nausea come over her.

“Lay back.”

She froze.

“Buffy, I said lay back!” He voiced his command a bit firmer, yet, still she did not move. He gently pushed her shoulder, increasing the pressure, until she was in a laying position before looming over her. The man quickly disposed of any garments in his way before shoving his way into her dry passage.

“So sweet, Buffy, you know your so sweet. Can’t ever get enough of you. Got to keep this our little secret, right?” She tried not to scream or protest but merely nodded her head.

“Your little boyfriends have never affected you like this, have they?” She shook her head ‘no’ once before she closed her eyes and willed the abuse to be over soon. He stroked the side of her cheek as he reassured her and whispered soft words of love all the while destroying her.
She felt him thrust a couple more times before he collapsed and finally rolled off of her. It took him only a few seconds to get his bearings before zipping up his pants and walking into her bathroom. He returned a few seconds later with a warm washcloth and proceeded to clean her up. She could feel blood and semen together seep out of her as he cleaned her up.

“Good Girl. Such a good girl, Buffy. I almost forgot I bought you tickets to the ice show.” He finished and disposed of the wash cloth in the trash can before heading towards the door.

“You still my girl?”

Nodding, she answered in the same flat affect she always used with him, “Always.”


“Buffy! Buffy!” Back at the school, Buffy felt a hand nudge her shoulder as the voice called out to her.
She flung out an arm at the invader only to have her sense come back to her and see Spike jump out of the way.

“What the hell? You must have been really into that dream of yours.” Spike grinned, slinging his arm over her shoulder.

“Sorry. Just got a bit caught up in it, I guess.” Buffy stood, reaching for her bag but coming up empty when the bleached blonde swung it from her grasp.

“Want me to try and analyze that dream, kitten? I’ve gone to every single one of my psych classes.” Spike cocked his head to the side, raising a dark eyebrow in concern. "Sure you're alright there?"

“I’m fine Spike, just didn’t get much sleep yesterday. Hey, are we going to the Bronze tonight?” At his quick smile, she continued “Good cause I thought we might go up to our spot and have a little fun.”