Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this took so long to post, rl got in the way.
The next day at school Buffy hid under her long locks, covering her body with baggy jeans and over-sized t-shirt. A million things ran around her mind and she made it a point to not look anyone in the eye instead focusing intently on the ground as she shuffled from class to class until she ran into the very person she was avoiding.

“Luv you alright?” Spike’s hand cupped her cheek as he brought her eyes up to meet his own.

“Fine Spike. I’m just fine although if you would move I would be better. You’re kind of in my way and I need to get to class.” Buffy edged around his solid body, almost to freedom, when she felt his hand clasp her upper arm.

“Only class you have now is lunch and you’re going in the wrong direction pet.” He moved her closer to him before shifting his hand to rest at her lower back, directing her towards the cafeteria. “What’s with you today? Wouldn’t talk to me before class, during class and now you look like a deer caught in the headlights.”

“I told you Spike, I’m fine. There’s nothing to tell. I just wanted to be alone for awhile.”

“Right and I’m the bloody Easter bunny. Try that one on someone who doesn’t know you. There’s something rollin’ round that noggin of yours and I’m determined to find out what it is.” He pressed a quick kiss to her temple before taking her bag, watching as she took a seat, her head still down. He took the seat next to her and waggled cold French fries in front of her face.

“What the hell are you doing?” Buffy flicked the soggy fry away from her face, cracking a grin when it split in two and hit the side of Xander’s head.

“Was trying to make you laugh kitten. Is it working?” Spike gave a boyish grin before ducking the fry she sent his way.

“The fries help. Mm and so does the kissing” Buffy leaned into him as he pressed kisses to her lips.

“Hey did you guys hear about Harmony?” The normally shy redhead piped up from the corner seat where she was ducking flying pepperoni from Xander.

“What about Slutony?” Buffy rolled her eyes thinking about the flirtatious moronic blond girl.

It was Willow that spoke up again, “She’s pregnant. She won’t say who the father is though. I guess it really could be anyone.”

Most of the table turned towards the Brit still playing with French fries.

“What?” Spike’s eyes widened as he realized the implication they were making. “Bloody hell no! No bloody way! Not since me ‘n Buffy got together. Wouldn’t touch that bird with ten foot pole.”

“Alright Spike. We get it. Down boy!” Xander waved his arms in mock defeat. “Anyway I heard it was Jonathon. You know…he who lives for anything geek.”

“And here I thought it was you who lived for the geek squad Xander. When did that change?” Cordelia mocked the teen across the table.

“Jonathon? I heard it was Parker or maybe Angel but Jonathon?”

“It’s not Angel. He came out of the closet last week. Aura and Melody saw him totally kissing Andrew outside the bathrooms at the Bronze last Friday. I mean you saw those pants today right? Come on purple went out years ago.” Cordelia added.

“Bloody bird’s off her rocker. Who the hell would want a kid at 17?” Spike looked down, missing Buffy’s bewildered glance in his direction, and played with the remaining soggy fries in front of him.

“So what would you do if I were pregnant?” Buffy watched his expression darken as she tried to hide her own fear.

“Not an issue pet. Don’t need to talk about that now. Got our lives all planned out. We’ll get married after college, wait a couple years, and then we’ll have a couple ‘f kiddies.”

“I’m talking about right now Spike. What if I were pregnant right now? What would you do?”

“There’s no point in talking ‘bout this pet. If you were then there are ways ‘round it.” Spike shrugged at her before joining in the conversation across the table, only turning around when he noticed his girlfriend had fled the table minutes before. “Where’s Buffy?”

“Oh she left about ten minutes ago. She said goodbye to you but you were talking to Xander about Star Wars.”

“Bugger” Spike shook his head before standing and surveying the cafeteria for the petite blond before heading out to the main hall to search for her. As he rounded the corner towards the library for the second time, he ran in to Willow.

“Oh good I found you…Buffy, uh, she wanted me to tell you that she won’t be able to meet you after school or at the Bronze on Friday. Actually she said it might be better if you two ‘cool it’. So I’ll just be going now” Willow shrugged and let out a relieved sigh that the usually temperamental teen in front of her didn’t seem to have registered what she had just told him. She made it only a couple of steps when his hand shot out and grabbed her upper arm, effectively holding her in place as he came to stand in front of her once again.

“She wants to what? When the hell did that happen? Where was I? Bloody Hell! She knows she’s my entire world, doesn’t she? ” He added the last part in defeat as he watched the redhead shake her head.

“Look Spike that’s what she said and I wouldn’t bother trying to find her. She said she was going for a drive and wouldn’t be home ‘til late. Please don’t kill me. ”

“Not going to hurt you Red. Just want to know what’s got my girl so spooked. First the thing with Harmony at the Bronze and now this, girl’s not thinking right. Look, tell Giles I’ll be out for the rest of the day. I’ve got to go catch her before she decides she really doesn’t need me anymore.”

On the other side of town the petite blond sat in the sand as she watched the waves crash before her. Her thoughts reeling as she thought back over the day. The morning had started out normally, well minus the fact that John had left bruises on her inner thighs this time. She idly traced the outline of one of the more prominent bruises, guarded by her baggy jeans. With every touch she cringed at the pain, the sounds, and the sensations that had flooded her body that very morning. It was the first time she had had an orgasm from the abuse and she felt dirty, unclean. So much so that the thought of wading into the water to end it all seemed welcoming as she focused on her breathing as tears cascaded down her cheeks. She never noticed the black Desoto pulling into the parking lot behind her.


Chapter End Notes:
A review or two would be nice. They give me a warm fuzzy feeling so please review.