Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone who has stuck with this story. It means a lot to me that there are such loyal readers.
“Buffy pet are you sure you want to do this?” Spike carefully held his weight over her petite frame as she ran her fingernails lightly down his back, causing him to shiver in pleasure.

“I want you to fuck me Spike. I want you to fuck me within an inch of my life, make me scream your name. Please Spike, I need it.” She leaned up to capture his lips, only to miss when he pulled away from her.

“’S not fucking pet, it could never be fucking or screwing, not with you. With you it’s making love and ‘til you understand that ‘m not doing a damned thing.” He ran his hand lightly down the inside of her thigh as he moved to sit at her side in the sand.

“Spike! Come on! I’m here waiting and wanting and you’re what? Going to throw this away because I called it fucking?” Buffy played with the hem of her shirt, exposing her tanned and toned midriff, as she fought the urge to jump him then and there. “Fine, I’ll call it ‘making love’ if you want but would you please just get over here!”

“Nope, you’re not taking this seriously pet. ‘M not doing a thing ‘til you can accept that it’s going to be making love, can’t just call it that if you don’t mean it.” Spike leaned back on his elbows beside her, taking in the view of her soft curves in the tight tank.

“Spike I can’t, you know I can’t say it. I can feel it and do feel it for you but I can’t say it and I’m certainly not going to relate it to sex. I’m sorry but I can’t do that and if you’re unwilling to get over it then we really have a problem. I’ve given you my heart, body, and soul but I cannot say those words…” She didn’t have time to finish her tirade before his body was crashing down on hers, hands dancing along her exposed flesh as he searched the caverns of her mouth.

“Mmm fuck Spike…fuck me. Make it all go away…make me yours again” Buffy cringed as her last words caused him to pull back again. ‘Stupid hormone-driven brain’. She could have mentally-slapped herself for being so stupid as to bring up the issue again.

“Make you forget what kitten? What are you trying to forget?” Spike questioned anxiously as he fought to gain control over his body, her hands lightly grazing over the bulge in his pants and caressing the exposed flesh of his lower abdomen.

“Nothing, Spike, it’s nothing. Can we just…go back to what we were doing?” She captured the back of his head, threading her fingers through his hair as she kissed him with all the passion she possessed, willing him to take her over. He relented as her hot hand cupped him through his jeans, her fingers working their way to his zipper. His own fingers tugged at her shirt as he pulled it over her head and flung it to the side, exposing her perfect breasts to him. His mouth plundered on them, licking across as he memorized her taste.

“Ow... ow...Spike stop!” His touch stopped immediately, roaming fingers leaping from her flesh as though burned.

“What? What did I do?” His eyes bugged as he tried to find the reasoning behind her pain.

“Rock”

“Rock? What rock?” Spike gazed down at her with a confused expression marring his normally relaxed features.

“The one under my back, whoever said beach sex was the most romantic thing in the world lied…oh and that crab has been staring at us for the past ten minutes.” Buffy pointed at a wayward crab sitting a few feet away from the panting couple.

“Still want to do this pet?” Spike silently prayed she would say yes, he was far too gone to stop.

“Definitely, I want you to fu…make…I can’t say it…just do it Spike” Buffy squirmed beneath him, waiting for his body to lift off of her own.

“’S alright pet” His lips attacked hers again as they pulled at each others clothing, his leather duster the only thing keeping them from being exposed to the entire beach. As her hot hand encircled his throbbing cock, his eyes rolled back in his head. His golden goddess clawed at his back while positioning him at her entrance. He gulped as he seated himself in her tight passage, waiting for her to adjust to his size before he rolled his hips, eliciting a gasp from her.

“Love you, God, I love you Buffy…always my girl…always”

Buffy felt her mind shutting down as he spoke words of reverence to her as she struggled to stay in the present with him. Her eyes clouded as her vision turned hazy and faded to black…

“My girl…always my girl…let that little scoundrel put his hands all over you…told you there would be hell to pay…do you love me Buffy?” He pounded himself into her dry passage as he held her gaze, daring her to look away. “I said do…you…love…me?” He thrust harder with every word until she finally nodded and cleared her throat.

“I love you…I love you…I love you” She said the words as fast as she could, wishing they were the words to her freedom from the pain and horror of his nightly visits.

“Say my name Buffy. Tell me you love me but say my name. Let me know you aren’t thinking of the boy.”

“I love you…I love you John…please” Buffy begged for him to stop, instead he thrust towards his own completion unaware and uncaring of the toll he was taking on her body and mind.

“Kiss me Buffy” His request made her physically ill as she grabbed the back of his head to bring him closer to her. She knew better than to deny him what he wanted, the pain only grew more intense the more she resisted and he found new ways to torture her.

As he rolled off of her and pulled up his pants he took one last longing gaze over her spent body before leaning down to kiss her forehead one last time and leaving the room. She lay amidst the sweat-stained sheets as she fought back the tears threatening to burst forth.

As she shook her head she realized it was not the dark hair of her tormentor but rather the platinum blonde of her desired lover that bent over her, his blue eyes searching her green ones as he worshipped her body.

“Love you Buffy…”

“Stop saying that Spike, just don’t say that…anything but that. Tell me you want me, tell me you need me but please don’t say those words again” Buffy pleaded with him as she matched the rhythm of his hips, clinging to his arms and silently begging him to take away her pain.

“I need you Buffy, come with me pet…need to see you come” He smirked as she screamed out her release mere seconds before doing the same.
He carefully wrapped his arms around her as they lay together watching the waves crash against the sand.

“Crab is still watching us and I have places sand should never be”