Chapter 21

“Wow, how did you know he would show up?”

Buffy shrugged. “I remembered that Ben told me he used to love the beach as a kid. I just took a wild guess, and I knew that if he saw me there, he would come out from hiding.”

Dawn took it all in. “So, he’s really gone now?”

Spike sat down next to Buffy, gazing at his daughter. “He’s gone now, bit.”

“I would have been fine with him spending a lifetime in jail, but Ben had to get cocky, which led to him getting shot. I can’t say I’m really all that disappointed,” Buffy claimed.

Dawn agreed. “I have to call Faith, she’s never gonna believe this.”

Buffy smiled when Dawn left to do just that, resting her head against Spike’s shoulder. “I could probably sleep for about a week.”

Spike chuckled, kissing the top of her head. “You won’t get any complaints from me.” He took a box out of his back pocket, opening it to reveal a diamond ring and holding it up for her to see. “Does it meet your approval?”

She gasped, taking the ring out of the box. “It’s so beautiful. When did you get this?”

“I bought it a few weeks ago,” Spike said, placing the ring gently on her finger, where it rightfully belonged. “I knew somewhere down the line I’d be asking you to marry me. I wanted to wait until you were a little older, but I was never a very patient man.”

Buffy shook her head, wrapping her arms around him. “I don’t care, I love it. Dawn!” she yelled, jumping up to join the brunette, who was still on the phone.

Spike laughed when he heard two girlish squeals coming from the kitchen now, knowing that he definitely made the right decision.


* * * * *


Buffy couldn’t believe that she was actually getting married. It had been two years since Spike proposed, and she wanted this more than anything. She was now twenty, working as a secretary at a very prominent law firm. Angel was now the owner of the Bronze and he offered to give her job back to her, but she just couldn’t manage working there again. She liked her new job, and the people were really nice. And now, it was time to start the next part of her life.

“Oh, honey, you look so beautiful.”

Buffy smiled at her mother. “If you start crying, then I will, and I wouldn’t want to smudge my make up.”

Joyce nodded, wiping the tears away. “I’m just so glad that I get to be a part of this. I’ve missed out on so much, but it means the world that you want me here for your wedding.”

“Of course I do. No matter what happened in the past, you’re still my mom.”

Joyce hugged her only child, being careful not to wrinkle her dress.

It took about a year for Buffy and Joyce to finally have a real mother, daughter relationship. Hank was still in jail, and Buffy could really care less. He was never much of a father, so she couldn’t find it in her to go visit him. They were all better off.

Buffy took a deep breath, breaking out of her reverie. “Okay, let’s get me married.”


* * * * *


Spike twirled his new bride around the dance floor, feeling his heart swell at the sight of her. When she walked down the aisle and he got his first look at her, she literally took his breath away. Sometimes it was hard to believe that this gorgeous creature was his. He held her close when a slow song began, never wanting to let her go.

“I love you, Mr. Pratt,” she whispered.

He smiled. “And I love you, Mrs. Pratt.”

Buffy smiled as well, kissing him lightly on the lips. “I have something to tell you, but this might not be the best time.” She remembered his reaction before, but hoped that things would be different now.

“You can tell me anything, unless it’s naughty and you’d rather not have an audience.”

Buffy laughed, smacking him on the arm. “Nothing like that. I mean, you told me you wanted it now, but you could have just said that because you didn’t think it would happen, so I’m still not sure how to tell you.”

“Love, you’re babbling,” he claimed. “Just tell me, I’m sure it won’t be a big deal.”

She would hold him to that, taking a deep breath to give her the courage she needed. “I’m pregnant.”

Spike’s eyes widened, then a big smile formed on his face. “We’re having a baby?”

Buffy nodded, taken by surprise when he lifted her up; planting a firm kiss on her mouth once he set her back down, then addressing everyone around them.

“We’re having a baby!” he yelled, the announcement was soon followed by applause and lots of congratulations. Spike wrapped his arms around her, holding her close. “You’ve made me the happiest man on earth, sweetheart. I’ll be the best father for this little one, you’ll see.”

She smiled. “You already are.”


* * * * *


Buffy entered the Bronze, glancing around at the club she hadn’t set foot in for two years, but it was about time that changed. It used to be her favorite place before Ben ruined it, but he was no longer there, and Buffy was finally ready to move on. The place was currently empty, but she heard noises coming from the back office. Figuring it would be just her luck to show up just when the place was being robbed, Buffy took in a deep breath, making her way to the back and gasping at the sight before her.

“Oh, God, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know anyone was back here.” That was a lie, but she definitely wasn’t expecting this.

Angel and Faith pulled away from each other, both half naked.

“Hey, B, enjoy the show?”

Buffy glared at her. “I would have rather gouged my eyes out than to have seen that. No offense, Angel.”

He nodded. “None taken, sorry, I must have forgotten to make sure the front door was locked. What are you doing here?”

“I just figured it was time I came in here again, when I knew no one else would be around, and I so can’t have a serious conversation right now with your pants down.”

Angel blushed, quickly zipping up his pants and handing Faith her shirt, which she slowly put back on.

“So, when did this start?” Buffy asked, once they were both finally decent.

He rubbed the back of his neck. “At your wedding, actually.”

Buffy nodded. “I wondered where you guys went, but please spare me any details. I’m just gonna be going now. The place looks great, Angel.” She hurried out of there as fast as she could. Angel was like an older brother to her, so it was nice to see him with someone, even though Faith wouldn’t have been her first choice, and she saw way more than she ever wanted to.


* * * * *


“Hey, Buffster, you wanna put the star on the tree?”

She shook her head. “Seven months pregnant, Xander. I don’t think I could make it.”

Spike wouldn’t have that. He handed Buffy the star, then picked her up to place it on top of the Christmas tree.

Buffy laughed when he put her down. “I can’t believe you just did that. I’m too heavy; you might have broken your back.”

He waved his hand in the air, giving her a quick kiss. “You’re never too heavy.”

Willow smiled at the cute couple. “He’s a sweetie, isn’t he?”

Buffy returned her smile. “Sweetest guy ever.”

Spike blushed, pulling her down on his lap.

Buffy rested her head against his shoulder, sighing in contentment. She loved spending time with Willow and Xander; they were old friends of Spike’s, Willow being the one to help her through her pain after the whole Ben ordeal. The redhead was an excellent therapist, and her husband was completely goofy, but you could tell how much they adored each other.

Dawn was spending the holiday with Connor’s family. They broke up because they were going to different schools, but Connor recently transferred to UC Sunnydale, and they’ve been inseparable ever since. It was still hard for Spike to deal with, but he could tell how happy Connor made Dawn, so he learned to accept it.

Angel and Faith were surprisingly still going at it, and she meant that in the very literal sense. Those two were like animals, but Buffy could hardly complain. She was just glad that Faith finally stopped hitting on Spike.

“How’s my baby?”

Buffy shivered at his soft voice, covering his hand that was resting on her bulging stomach. “Still kicking.”

“And how’s my other baby?” he whispered in her ear.

Buffy watched as Willow and Xander sang off key Christmas songs at the piano, a smile lighting up her features. “Perfect.”

Spike hugged her closer. “Didn’t I tell you everything would work out?”

She grinned, pecking him lightly on the lips. “Well, you always know best.”

The End


Chapter End Notes:
Yes, I’m aware of how very corny my ending is, but I figured these two finally deserved some happiness. Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed, I’m really glad you guys stuck with me. When I first started this fiction, I never knew it would turn into this. I thought it would be a few chapters long, but I’m very glad with the way it turned out=)