Chapter 10







Despite being up most of the night making love with her new mate, Buffy rose with the morning sun. She took a long, leisurely shower before she went down stairs to join her friends and family for breakfast. Buffy wanted to see her mom and sister to tell them the news about Spike before anyone else did.







“You’re glowing, Buffy,” Willow chuckled slyly. “Did you have a good time with Spike last night?”







“It was perfect,” Buffy said in a dreamy voice. “Spike is everything I want in a man.”







“What’s that on your neck?” Dawn asked with wide, innocent eyes.







Buffy’s hand went to her neck. “None of your beeswax, Dawnie.”







Nikki strolled into the room rubbing her sleepy eyes. She took one look at Buffy, and she immediately went to hug the younger Slayer. “Congratulations,” Nikki said in Buffy’s ear.







“Congratulations on what?” Joyce Summers entered the dining room with a contrite Giles behind her.







Faith eyed her sister Slayers. There was something different about the two women. She didn’t think that the others noticed it, and that made her think it was a Slayer thing. “You both have a glow about you. You’re both pregnant, aren’t you?”







“Yes, we are,” Nikki announced proudly. “Our children will be the best of friends, I’m sure.”







Joyce gave her eldest daughter a very serious look. “I expect a proper ceremony, young lady,” she insisted.







“We’re mated, Mom,” Buffy protested. “That’s more binding than any marriage ceremony.”







“I want to see my little girl properly married.” Joyce wasn’t above blackmail. She let a little tear leak out of the corner of her eye.







Buffy sighed. Here she was twenty years old, and she still let her mom guilt trip her. “Fine, if he asks, I’ll marry him.” She quickly added, “On the condition that the next time Ripper there proposes you have to accept.”







Joyce looked startled. She didn’t realize her daughter knew about Ripper’s attempt to woo her. She glanced at Giles who was regarding her with a smirk, and she knew she was caught in the best of ways.







When Giles heard Buffy’s ultimatum to her mother, he smirked at his lovely paramour before he hurried out of the room. Giles was a man on a mission. He had a vampire to find and two proposals to plan.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







“Where are you going?” Xander asked the Council wetworks man. He didn’t know their names, and he didn’t much care to know them. However, he wasn’t too happy to see the man opening the front door of the mansion. Too much coming and going would make the neighbors suspicious.







Herman turned to face the younger man. “There isn’t any food here to eat. I’m starved.”







“Does your boss know you’re slinking around like this?” Xander demanded.







“Of course he does,” Herman answered patiently. The patience was a façade though. Herman was really eager to get the Slayers contacted. He wanted away from the madman that was Xander Harris.







“You haven’t left yet?” John stepped out of the bedroom suite where the team was staying. “You know how out of control Miles gets if he doesn’t get food in time.”







“Out of control?” Xander glanced past John with a concerned face. Out of control people could ruin the whole plan to ensnare Buffy in his trap.







“He gets all shaky.” John nodded his head, but he didn’t offer anymore explanation.







Xander narrowed his eyes for a moment. Then, he waved his hand in dismissal. “Just don’t talk to anyone. Your accent is a dead give away.” He turned to John. “You want a turn at the slut?” The bitch wasn’t really Buffy, and he didn’t care who used her body.







John kept a calm, but eager look on his face. “That sounds like a plan. Send her in.” He stepped back into the bedroom.







Herman left the mansion before Harris could stop him again. He hoped they could dispose of the sick little fuck soon. Herman got into the rental car, and he went in search of a way to contact the Slayers. Groceries were a priority, but he’d have to wait and see which came first.







Inside the mansion, Xander dragged Harmony to the doors of the Council’s suite. He knocked, and when Flesher answered, he pushed the girl into the older man’s arms. “Have fun,” Xander said with a wave of his hand.







John took the battered woman inside the room. He was deeply concerned about the bruises that covered her arms and legs. Some of the black and blue marks were quite deep like she had been restrained in some manner.







Harmony shivered in terror. Servicing one madman had been terrible, but the thought of two men assaulting her body scared her to death. The one man had assured her that they wouldn’t use her in such a terrible manner, but here she was at their mercy.







“Go take a shower. There’s soap, shampoo, and towels in the bathroom,” John said. “There’s a clean shirt and robe for you to wear. I can’t stand Harris’ stench on you.”







Harmony nodded slowly. The man wanted her clean before he raped her. She shuffled towards the bathroom. She hurt everywhere, but especially between her legs. The night before he captor had taken her last virginity, and she was still sore from the brutal way he had invaded her anal passage.







“Take as long as you like, Miss.” Miles didn’t look up from the desk he sat reading some papers at. “We’ll stall Harris.”







Harmony wondered what was going on, but fear made her keep her concerns to herself. This could all be a trap to get her in trouble with her captor.







Herman easily found the local market. It was big with a bright neon sign that spelled out RALPH’S. When he was finished picking out the groceries, he noticed a demon with large wrinkles of skin perusing the cat food aisle.







Herman slowly meandered down the row, and he stopped behind the demon. He cleared his throat before he said very softly, “Tell the Slayers that not all follow Travers.” Herman moved on as if he had never spoken.







Clem turned to watch the man with the British accent pay for his groceries and leave the store. He knew he needed to give someone the message he was given. After much thought, Clem decided on his old kitten poker buddy, ‘the Zoof’.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Travers stared at the phone as if that would make it ring. Flesher was supposed to check in as soon as he had landed in Sunnydale. The Head Watcher knew that the Council’s private jet was on its way back to England. At least the pilot did his job.







Travers wanted results with the Slayers, and he wanted them yesterday. He had his suspicions about Flesher and his team’s loyalty before, but until this instant Quentin had thought he was merely being paranoid.







Travers reached for the phone. “Jane, send in Beta 2,” he directed his secretary.







“Certainly, Mr. Travers.” Jane Dobson’s voice echoed through the room.







Quentin sat back in his chair. If anyone could get results where Flesher was sure to fail, it would be Beta 2.







Beta 2 was a genetically engineered creature funded by generations of Watchers. Only the best of the best samples had gone into the making of this soldier. Beta 2 looked human enough, but he had several special features that were classified top secret even from Travers. Quentin had always thought that Beta 2 was what Maggie Walsh and the Initiative had been trying to build in Sunnydale. He had found Giles’ reports fascinating even as he chortled with glee over the Army’s failure to live up to the Council’s unknown standard.







Beta 2 stepped into the office. “How can I help you, Mr. Travers?” he asked in a gravelly voice.







“Go to Sunnydale. Bring me the Slayers.” The command was short.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Anya took one look at the demon standing behind Lawson, and she launched herself into his arms. It had been years since she had seen Razor.







“Anyanka, my dear,” Razor growled. He let his features finally slide back into his demonic face. He could tell she was human now, but he didn’t care. “It’s been too long.”







“It has!” Anya covered Razor’s face with kisses. She didn’t care about his looks, it was his heart that she was interested in. “You’re right in time to see Spike and Rupert propose to their lady lovers.”







“Spike’s proposing?” Lawson’s eyebrows climbed up his face.







“Joyce insisted on it,” Anya replied happily. “As soon as she heard Buffy’s pregnant, Joyce told her she had to get married. That’s when Buffy said she’d only accept if Joyce accepted Giles.”







“Hey handsome.” Faith sauntered up. “You almost missed the fun.”







Together the foursome went to the living room where they found Spike and Giles on their knees in front of Buffy and Joyce.







“Please say yes…” Giles begged.







“Make me the happiest man on earth,” Spike pleaded.







Buffy and Joyce looked at each other with a wink. Together they answered. “Of course, it’s yes.”