Chapter 11



Clem turned to watch the man with the British accent pay for his groceries and leave the store. He knew he needed to give someone the message he was given. After much thought, Clem decided on his old kitten poker buddy, ‘the Zoof’.







As soon as the human was out of sight, Clem pulled a cell phone out of his pocket. He dialed a private number. After a few rings a man answered.







“Rusty Beaver,” the Zoof said. He glanced at the caller I.D. “What’s up, Clem? I have your kittens for you.”







“That’s great, but I need to get a fast message to the Slayers.” Clem glanced out the window.







“Lucky for you Hassib and one of his pretty wives stopped by to hand deliver some donuts.” The Zoof glanced at his old friend. “Here he is.” He handed the phone to Ali Hassib.







“Hassib here.”







“Hey Ali, it’s Clem. I’m at the Ralphs grocery down town.” The loose skinned demon looked around before he lowered his voice. “One of those wet works men contacted me. They’re not on the traitor’s side.”







“Emmaline will contact the Slayer,” Hassib replied. “Good work, Clem.”







“Thanks.” Clem gave a toothy grin. He hung up the phone, proud that he had helped out the good guys.







After Hassib handed the Zoof back his phone, he turned to his wife Emmaline. “Call Buffy. There’s been a development. Apparently the wet works men want to defect. He talked to Clem at the Ralphs.”







Emmaline nodded her head in understanding while she dug her own phone out of her purse. She’d worried about the Slayer ever since Buffy called to ask her to take over the self-defense classes. In fact, Xander Harris sounded so completely depraved and sinister that Ali had hired body guards for his family.







Emmaline dialed up a series of different numbers before someone answered at the other end. She conveyed the news, and then she waited for an answer. In a few minutes she hung up. Then, Emmaline immediately called the family’s donut shop which happened to be directly across the street from Ralphs. “Akbar, there’s a man across the street getting into a rental car.”







Akbar looked out the window. “I see him.”







“Write a note saying ‘Waverly Park, midnight’. Put it in a dozen donuts. Tell him contact was made.”







“Gotcha, Miss Emmaline.” Akbar put down the phone, and he rushed to do what was required of him.







Akbar quickly wrote the note, boxed the donuts, and called out to his twin brother Akash in the back of the store that he was running an errand for the boss. He hurried across the street. “Here are your donuts, sir,” he called out.







Herman looked up from putting his groceries into the trunk of the rental car. He was surprised to see a dark-skinned teenaged boy coming towards him with a box in his hands. He was about to protest when the boy spoke again.







“Contact was made. Follow instructions.” Akbar placed the box of goodies into the open trunk. He gestured towards the remaining groceries. “Do you need help, sir?”







“No, thank you.” Herman shook his head. He wasn’t sure what just happened, but he was pretty sure his message had already been heard by the Slayers or those close to them. “I have it covered.” Any doubts he might have had about the efficiency of the head Slayer’s hold on Sunnydale vanished in that moment of realization.







“Okay, enjoy your donuts.” Akbar went back to the donut shop. He waved at Clem on his way by the front of the supermarket.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







“I’m not letting her go back to him,” Miles growled to Flesher when he heard the shower turn on. “If that’s what the sick S.O.B. has planned for Ms. Summers he needs to be put down. I’d prefer it sooner rather than later.”







“I agree, but we need to play along until we can get in tough with the Slayers,” John replied.







“We can’t wait,” Miles said from between clenched teeth. “You saw her yourself. There’s no telling what he’ll do to her next. He won’t want her if he gets his hands on the Slayer, and you know what that means..”







“I understand, Miles. Until Herman returns and they contact us, what are we supposed to do?”







Any response was lost when Herman burst in with a box of donuts in one hand and a bag of deli item groceries in the other. He put the cardboard rectangle down on a table, and he opened it. Then, Herman pointed at the note.







Flesher read the note to himself. Then he asked, “Did you scope out the location?”







Herman nodded before he jerked his head towards the door that led out of the suite. None of them were surprised by the knocking sound. It seemed that Herman had seen Harris lurking in the hallway when he arrived.







John went to the door. Outside he found their host Xander Harris. The younger man had a nasty gleam in his eye.







“You done with that slut yet?” Harris snarled. “I’m feeling horny.”







Flesher raised one eyebrow, and he said in an arctic cold voice, “No, we haven’t. We’ll give her back in the morning when we’ve slacked our lust.” He slammed the door in Harris’ face.







Xander growled in displeasure. He hated the slick Brits. If he didn’t need the fuckers so badly to capture Buffy and the others he would kill them on the spot. He didn’t even take into consideration that these men were trained killers, or if he attacked them he’d be dead before he knew what hit him. Being part of the Slayer’s group for the past five years gave Xander an over confidence in his own abilities. He stalked off towards his own part of the mansion, grumbling the entire way.







Xander was used to having a tight, slick pussy to sink his cock into. What he had never admitted to the Scoobies was that he had lost his virginity – all of them – in a wild orgy with the other hyena-possessed teenagers. He’d relived the memory many times over, substituting his friends in the place of the hyena gang. The absolute sickest fantasy, at least to Xander’s mind was one he only let out of the recesses of his mind in the darkest hour of night. In this fantasy, he had Angel and Giles kneeling at his feet begging to suck his cock or lick his asshole while the girls all looked on.







Xander groaned when the blood rushed to his cock. Just the thought of dominating the Scoobies made him hard with lust.







Of course all these fantasies paled in comparison to the reality of fucking Drusilla’s cold, virgin tight cunt. Making a split second decision, Xander grabbed a tazer he had ordered over the Internet and a stake from his weapons stash. If he was careful, he could sneak into one of the funeral homes where he was sure to find a fledgling vamp about to rise. At this point, Xander didn’t care what sex the fledge was, just as long as his lust was sated.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Harmony shuffled out of the bathroom. She clutched the robe around her sore, achy body. She was scared when she saw that the third man had returned during her long shower.







“We have food,” Miles said to the frightened young woman. He gestured towards the donuts and deli items spread out on the table.







Harmony looked at the food. She edged towards the offered feast while she kept one eye on the men. She wondered if it was a trap, but her hunger overrode her terror. Harmony grabbed up a donut, and she stuffed it in her mouth. The men went back to their talking while Harmony continued to watch them with trepidation.







After eating several more pastries, and part of a rotisserie chicken, Harmony let out a huge yawn. Harris hadn’t let her get much sleep since he’d kidnapped her.







One of the men looked up at Harmony. She had no idea which one he was. He gestured towards what appeared to be a bedroom. “Go get some sleep, Miss. No one will disturb you, I promise,” he said.







Harmony darted to the indicated room. She had no idea what was going on, but she refused to look a gift horse in the mouth. Maybe when she woke up, she’d feel better enough to plan an escape.







A few hours later, Harmony awakened when the door opened. She was sure she was about to be raped when the man spoke.







“Hurry up, Miss. We’re getting out of here.”







Harmony felt dazed and confused, but she was quickly escorted out of the mansion. She recognized the area of run down homes that at one time was the nicest, most elite part of Sunnydale. Harmony now found herself in a car that sped away from the area. She sobbed when she realized that the rescue she’d prayed for was happening. “Thank you,” she whispered under her breath, but she knew the men had heard her anyway.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Beta 2 disembarked from the plane in Sunnydale. The electronics buried deep within his brain allowed him to see the world differently than others, or so he thought. When he scanned the occupants of the airport, he catalogued several normal humans and a few non-hostile demons. With only his mission in mind, Beta 2 failed to identify the demons he scanned. Otherwise he would have realized he himself had been identified. Beta 2 strode out of the airport confident that he’d soon locate the Slayers.







“Another one has just left the airport, Master Lawson,” Casper said into the cell phone. “Sparco identified the Council’s next line of offense.” He grinned at the fairy-like creature beside him.







“Good job, Casper,” Lawson replied. He knew when he rescued the young man from a deranged blond vampiress a few months before that the boy would be an excellent addition to the group. “Take the rest of the evening off, kid. Go enjoy yourself, and stay out of trouble.”







“Thanks, boss!” Casper grinned at Sparco. He flipped closed the cell phone. “Let’s go back to the house and watch movies.”







Lawson and Razor picked up the trail of the Council’s assassin a block away from the airport. Both demons could tell something was off with their quarry. It looked human enough, but Razor quickly made an observation.







“It has too many different signatures,” the biker demon said with a curled lip. “I’m reading four different kinds of demonic signatures.”







“Agreed,” Lawson replied. “The humans probably don’t realize that we demons can tell one type of demon from another, and we don’t need special abilities.”







“What’s the plan?” Razor growled. He itched to get some killing done.







“Willow gave Hillary and Phoebe some Slayer signatures.” Lawson mentioned two of the Aurelian female minions who had volunteered to pretend to be Buffy and Faith. “As soon as this lug takes the bait, we’ll remove his head.”







“Excellent plan, man,” Razor smirked evilly. He loved a good bout of bloodshed.







Lawson smirked in return. He liked to work with the other demon. Razor had no qualms about getting the job done, and sometimes that was needed. “Let’s do this,” he said.







Beta 2, the Council’s most secret and expensive weapon to date, never knew what hit him. He had been told he was unique and one of a kind. He was told that he was a creature without anything to be measured against. Therefore, he could defeat any human, demon, or denizen of Hell he would meet. In their obstinate belief that humans were better than demons, the Council didn’t take into consideration that demons were sentient creatures who were capable of planning and forethought. Many demons were as clever and devious as humans thought they themselves were.







Beta 2 found the two ‘Slayers’ easily enough. It never occurred to him that he was walking into a trap until the two females vamped out and their magical glamours fell. Then a male vamp and a mercenary demon showed up. Beta 2 died thinking that the lessons he had learned at Quentin Travers’ elbow had obviously not taken demonic cunning and ingenuity into consideration.







Lawson and Razor beheaded the Council minion, wrapped the head up in a pretty yellow bow, and packaged it up for Quentin Travers. The box arrived on the Head Watcher’s desk the next afternoon. To say that Travers was livid was a mild understatement.







Travers was now practically positive that his wetworks team had defected, and now his best weapon was destroyed so easily by the very demons it was designed to hunt. He decided to take matters into his own hands. After all, never send a machine to do a man’s work. He decided he would go to Sunnydale to nip the whole disaster with the Slayers and Harris in the bud. After telling his secretary there was a family emergency, and to clear all his appointments that week, Travers booked a private flight to the States.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Flesher eyed the entire area before he entered the park with his little band of humans. No matter how well trained he and his boys were, demons were faster and stronger. His team also had a young woman to protect.







“John Flesher,” a surprised voice sounded from the shadows. “After your last visit here with the Council I never expected this of you.”







John broke out in a grin. “Well, Rupert, you know me … always doing the unexpected.”







Giles stepped out of the darkness. Behind him were two of Spike’s most trusted minions aside behind Lawson of course. Behind the vamps were Akbar and Akash. All four were armed to the gills.







Giles looked at the blond woman cowering behind the wetworks team. “It’s good to see you alive, Ms. Kendall.”







“Mr. Giles, Harris is completely insane.” Harmony recognized the school librarian that Xander had hung out with in high school.







“I apologize for not seeing it before this.” Giles beckoned for someone in the darkness. “This is Brenna Hassib.”







A well dressed dark-haired woman stepped forward to join Rupert Giles. Her features were very similar to the twins. They looked close enough to be relatives.







“Hello, Harmony. Mr. Giles informed me of your situation.” Brenna smiled as reassuring as she could. The poor girl had gone through an experience she wouldn’t have wished on her worst enemy. “I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can.”







“I want to go home!” Harmony’s tears started to flow. “I just want to go home.”







Brenna opened her arms. “I’d be happy to take you.”







Harmony went to Brenna’s side. She sniffled a few more times before she turned to Flesher and his men. “Thank you for getting me out of there.” Her time as Xander’s prisoner had burned the bimbo act away. She knew there was a lot more to life than clothes and parties. Life could be hard and scary, and she didn’t want to be a victim ever again.







“You’re welcome, miss,” Miles replied. He nodded his head.







Harmony turned to Giles. “I am serious. He’s insane. He kept calling me Buffy and made me do horrible things. Buffy and I aren’t friends, but I don’t hate her that much. I’d hate to see him get a hold of her.”







“I understand,” Giles replied. He nodded to Brenna who started to lead Harmony away.







“Make sure he pays, Mr. Giles,” Harmony called over her shoulder.







“Don’t worry, he will,” a soft, fierce voice reached Harmony’s ears.







Harmony glanced towards where the voice came from. If she wasn’t completely traumatized she would have found the bleached blond, blue-eyed, dark clad man a major hottie. There was something so sexual and predatory about the man that made Harmony shiver in fear instead. She just whispered, “Thanks,” before Brenna hurried her on her way. In a few minutes the two women were on their way away from Sunnydale and Xander Harris.







“Spike, you’re here.” Giles welcomed the newcomer.







“You have a distinct grasp on the obvious, Rupes,” Spike replied with sarcasm. “Now introduce me to our new friends.”







Giles rolled his eyes. “This is Flesher, O’Brien, and Raimen, the Council’s most elite wetworks team.”







“Not any longer,” John replied. “We’ve defected. The girl was right about one thing though. Harris is completely and utterly insane.”







“He will be taken care of,” Spike snarled. “As soon as my men find him.”







Giles looked at Spike. He wanted to say something about what Spike obviously had planned, but the boy he had known was gone now. He’d been replaced by a monster that rivaled Angelus. Ripper clamored behind Giles’ congenial face. He was glad the Summers women and the other Scoobies weren’t there to hear his next words. “Make it look like an accident. The ladies must never know.”







Spike raised on surprised eyebrow. He hadn’t expected such ruthlessness from Giles. From Watchers as a whole – yes – but not from his Slayer’s Watcher. Bernard was the gentlest of souls, and Rupert Giles came across as the same. “Never expected that of you, Rupes,” Spike voiced his thoughts.







“If I thought Xander could be saved and rehabilitated, I would not condone his disposal,” Giles replied. “His obsession with Buffy started before the hyena possession and Drusilla’s thrall. I just wish I had identified it myself instead of letting him remain a part of Buffy’s support group.”







“Can’t read minds, Watcher.” Spike glanced around. “Let’s get inside b’fore we’re spotted.”







The group made their way back to Spike’s mansion complex where they were greeted warmly by the Slayers and other Scoobies.







If Flesher and his men were surprised by the wedding plans that were in full swing, they didn’t show it. What did cause them to gasp was when Bernard and Nikki joined the group. Explanations took until dawn, and battle plans lasted through the day until dusk.







Not one of the ex-Council members – Watchers and wetworks team alike – balked when Spike finally suggest that they establish a new Council. With three Slayers, three Watchers if you wanted to be technical since Wesley would be included too, and an enforcer team already in place, the start up would be fairly easy. It would set the demon world on its ear.