Chapter 12







Just before daybreak, Xander stumbled onto the lawn of the Crawford street mansion. A night of debauchery with a captured fledgling had finally sated the young man’s libido for the night.







“Wonder what they’re up to?” Xander grumbled when he noticed that Flesher’s rental car was missing from the drive. “Don’t tell me they needed groceries again.”







Xander staggered into the mansion, bypassing the wetworks team’s bedroom. He fell into his bed where he vowed that he would get his sex slave from his now unwanted allies when he woke up. He fell asleep before he could finish another thought.







Hours later, just as the sun was setting, Xander awoke feeling refreshed and invigorated. He grabbed a bite to eat before he marched through the mansion towards the wetworks’ suite. “Need to tell those assholes to keep a low profile,” he grumbled.







The slightly ajar door should have warned Xander that something was wrong, but he felt too good to be suspicious. “Anyone here?” He knocked before he pushed the door further open and poked his head into the room.







“Fuck,” Xander growled when he saw the state of the room. “I should have checked on them last night when I saw the car was gone.”







Xander rushed to the table where he sorted through the abandoned food containers in the hopes of finding any clues to the disappearance of the wetworks team and his prisoner. When he failed to find what he was looking for, he swept the garbage off the table in a fit of anger.







Xander kicked the table over. “This just fucks everything up. It’s entirely those bitches fault. Stupid Buffy. Stupid Faith. I’m gonna find one of them, and when I do there will be hell to pay.”







Xander slammed out of the suite. He grumbled under his breath all the way back to the room he stayed in to grab his jacket and tazer. He left the safety of the mansion with only vengeance for the Slayers on his mind. Xander didn’t notice the tail he had immediately picked up when he turned right on Crawford Street.







Razor followed behind Xander Harris where he waited for the right moment to strike. Soon the human would be a painful footnote in history. Razor watched Harris for a few more blocks before a couple of Spike’s minions started to shadow the human too. It was only a matter of moments until they had Harris surrounded.







Xander stopped up short when a handsome man wearing a pea coat stepped out of an alley in front of him. Harris stepped to the side to let the man by, but the stranger stepped the same way he did. “Don’t mess with me, man,” he growled.







“I hear you’re causing all kinds of trouble for my boss.”







“I don’t know your boss. Get out of my way.” Xander tried to step by the man. He glanced over his shoulder when he felt a presence behind him, and he saw a tall, ugly demon approach his rear.







Before he could utter a sound, he felt a pinprick in the side of his neck. “Arlgh,” he groaned when his muscles weakened instantly. Darkness threatened to overtake him.







“He’s so puny,” the demon growled. “He’s no real threat to the Slayers.”







“You know how it is for kind-hearted people,” the stranger said quietly. “They always have to leave the dirty work to us.”







“Arlgh,” Xander groaned again.







The demon nudged Xander with his toe before he said, “Not very articulate is he? I suppose we should get this meat sack off the street. Whatcha think, Lawson?”







“Might be for the best, Razor. We need to hurry though. Faith and Anya are waiting for us.”







“Yeah, they are,” Razor answered. He leaned down over Harris and gripped the man’s face. “You had no right hurtin’ those two lovelies like you did, but I can’t say that I’m too upset. After all, you fucked them over and made them ready for some real lovin’.”







Xander looked up into the demon’s ugly face. He felt the bile rise in his throat at the sight, but the drug didn’t allow for any movement. Xander closed his eyes while he prayed for deliverance from his fate. When the demon dragged him to his feet he gave into the sweet oblivion of darkness.







Lawson waved the minions off. “Go home, boys. We’ll handle this from here.”







“Thanks, boss.” The minions hurried off towards the mansions where the Aurelius clan was staying.







Razor flung the human over his shoulder. Lawson and he set off towards the spot they had picked out for getting rid of the human’s body. When he was found, the cops would think he had been sacrificed in some kind of ritual. Knowing how the Sunnydale police worked from the tales from the Slayers and their friends, it would only be a matter of time before Xander Harris’ death would be cold cased.







Xander awoke to find himself chained spread eagle to an altar. He was naked, cold, and scared for the first time in a long time. Whenever he found himself in such a situation before, he knew that Buffy and the other Scoobies would ride to the rescue. This time it was not going to happen. The little sane part, deep within Xander’s mind that abhorred every one of his actions, screamed that he deserved whatever happened to him.







“He’s awake, Lawson!” Razor called out. “Time to start.”







Xander’s screams echoed off the nearby surroundings for nearly an hour before he succumbed to the blood loss. He welcomed death when it arrived.







Razor wiped the blood on Xander’s pants before he put away his knife. “I thought we were gonna make it look like wild dogs killed this piece of crap.”







Lawson shrugged. “None of the right kind of demons are in town right now according to our Intel, but there are some sewer demons that do this kind of thing.” He picked his pea coat up from where he had put it down before they had chained and tortured Harris.







“Well, let’s get back to the girls. I bet they’re getting antsy about now.” Razor gave a nod before he swaggered off towards the street. “Hurry up, Lawson. Anya doesn’t like to be kept waiting for her orgasms.”







Lawson rolled his eyes with a chuckle. “I have a feeling Faith’s the same way.”







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







On the way to the airport, Travers conversed on his private cell phone. In a matter of minutes he had emptied a bank account and made sure that Sunnydale would be flooded with mercenaries. Then, he sat back with a drink in hand, wishing he had gotten rid of Buffy Summers when he’d first heard her stupid name from Merrick.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Cordelia studied the three handsome young men. “So, which one of you is playing my husband?” She let out a snort of laughter when all three put up their hands.







Gunn watched the whole proceedings with amusement. Ever since he had first met Cordelia he noticed that she had an advantage over the men that vied for her attention. This was the first time he had seen the brunette at a loss. “Got your work cut out for you,” he said with a chortle.







“Draw straws,” Oz spoke up.







Roland elbowed Raymond’s ribs. “He speaks”







Wesley stepped out of his office. “Well, you need to make up your minds.” He waved a sheet of paper in the air. “I need to know which name to put on this marriage certificate.”







“Straws it is! May the best man win.” Raymond rubbed his hands together.







Robin clapped both of his brothers on the shoulder. “Age before brains, I say.”







Roland snorted at Robin’s adage and added one of his own. “Brains before beauty, I say.”







“Well, I say beauty before age AND brains.” Raymond grinned at his brothers.







“I’m not getting any younger,” Cordelia grumbled. “Sometime today would be nice. You’re all beautiful and brainy hunks of salty goodness. Just find some damned straws and choose. Let me know when you’re finished.” She stormed into the office Wesley just came out of and slammed the door in her wake.







“She likes me,” Roland chortled.







“No, she likes me,” Raymond chortled in return.







Robin rolled his eyes. “Find us some straws, Watcher.” He directed the words at Wesley. “Otherwise these two wisecrackers will be here all day.”







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







“Knowing Travers, he’s not going to tell the rest of the Council his plans,” Flesher said to Giles. “He’s liable to send as many mercs as he can hire into Sunnydale.”







“We’ll definitely need Wesley’s contacts inside the Council now,” Giles muttered. He got an evil gleam in his eye. “Everyone wants to know how Cordelia reacted to the boys anyway.”







Faith strolled into the room. “Everyone is armed and ready, Giles. All we need are Oz and Wesley.”







“I’m calling Los Angeles in just a few moments, Faith.”







Faith laughed. “Can’t wait to hear what Cordy thinks of the Rutilus boys.”







“How many fighters do we have?” Flesher asked in curiosity.







Faith shrugged. “Including you guys, about thirty. The Hassibs will back us up if we need them along with several other demonic factions in town.”







“We’re not plannin’ on losin’ though,” Spike said. He entered the room with Buffy. “Razor just told us his gang’s on the way to good old Sunnyhell. That brings the numbers up to about fifty for sure.”







Giles nodded. “As long as they don’t wreck the town. I’m going to go call Los Angeles now to check up on everything. I’ll see if Oz can send any help.”







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







The car with darkened windows pulled out on the highway on the road towards Sunnydale. The occupant was coming home at last.







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*







Cordelia stepped out of the office and hitched a thumb back at the room. “Giles is on the phone, boss.” She directed her words at Oz. “He’s looking for some help.”







“Thanks, Cordelia.” The short man rose to his feet. He sauntered into the office, closing the door behind him.







“So, which one of you studs is my new hubby?”