Chapter 8



Harmony came to her senses only to find her foot imprisoned in a long chain connected to the wall in a barren room. She realized that she had been stripped naked while unconscious. Harmony struggled to her feet, and she tugged on the chain. After a few futile minutes, she gave up with a sob. This so wasn’t a good thing she decided.



The door to the room slammed open, and Harmony’s captor stepped inside. “Hello, Buffy.”



“My name isn’t Buffy.” Harmony once again struggled to her feet.



“It is now, bitch.” Xander gave the blond woman a lopsided smirk. He smoothed a hand down the leather vest that covered his chest to the front of the matching leather pants where he cupped his burgeoning hard on. “You will do everything I say, or suffer the consequences.”



Harmony mutely nodded, unsure of how to get out of her current situation. She was sure she knew her captor, and she certainly knew a Buffy. While she hurried to do what the man instructed, her mind raced as she desperately tried to put clues together.



Xander advanced on Harmony. He backhanded her as hard as he could while he hissed, “You ran away from me, Buffy, and with a dirty disgusting vampire, no less.” He stood over the blond woman as she lay on the floor. Her cheek was bruised and her mouth bloodied.



“S-sorry,” Harmony whimpered. She put her hand up to her cheek.



“I expect you to call me Master or sir, Buffy.” Xander leered evilly down at the girl. In his mind she was now Buffy, not Harmony Kendall. Out of sheer maliciousness, he kicked the girl in the ribs. Xander reached down to unbutton his pants. “Now, I want you to suck my cock. If you try to use your teeth, I will take the pliers and remove them, Buffy. Do you understand?”



Harmony shivered while she nodded without making another sound. She didn’t want to set this guy off now that she recognized him. Who would have ever thought that geek boy Xander Harris would ever have the balls to do something like this? Harmony used every acting trick she had learned to hide her distaste of the penis that she now had in front of her.



As Harmony took Xander’s cock into her mouth, she prayed to every deity she had ever heard of that someone – anyone – would rescue her. In reality, Harmony wasn’t as dumb as she acted. She had just learned at a young age that being a scatterbrain got her an easy life.



Xander groaned in pleasure at the ministrations being done to his cock. He had always known Buffy would be a great little cocksucker. He couldn’t wait to show her all the sexual knowledge he had gleaned over the past few years. He’d show her why a human was better than a vampire.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“This assignment just doesn’t feel right,” Myles O’Brien, one of the Watcher Council’s top assassins, muttered to his boss John Flesher.



“I don’t think so either,” Herman Raimen agreed. He glanced towards the front of the private jet that was winging its way to Sunnydale.



John Flesher nodded his agreement. “I met Miss Summers a few years ago during the Cruciamentum. She really impressed me. I do not like Travers plans for her or Miss Lehane either.”



“What’s the game plan, Flesher?” Herman asked. He was the sole American on the team. Both Fletcher and O’Brien were English.



“We’ll maintain our façade with Harris.” Flesher glanced towards the cockpit. “We’ll figure out a way to contact the Slayers on the sly.



O’Brien and Raimen gave small nods before they took on bored expressions when the stewardess came from the back of the plane to check on their needs.



“We’ll be landing Sunnydale in a few hours,” the perky blond stewardess said. “Mr. Travers has arranged for a rental car.” She handed Flesher an envelope. “Here’s all the pertinent information.”



Flesher didn’t acknowledge the stewardess’ words as he slipped the envelope into his jacket pocket.



“Can I have something to drink, miss?” O’Brien asked.



“Yes, sir.” The stewardess hurried to fill the black ops’ request.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Razor stopped a few miles from the Sunnydale city limits. The rest of his crew was supposed to join him in three days times when as a group, they’d hit the small town and cause havoc. Razor had a job to do though. He needed to find a certain man and kill him.



Razor concentrated hard, and his skin rippled to take on a human visage. He needed to scout out the town before his posse arrived. Being a demon was great, but sometimes it was a disadvantage. He just wished his old girlfriend Anyanka was still around. She’d get a thrill out of this assignment. Razor sighed. Last he had heard, Anyanka was a human again, living somewhere with some boring human boy.



Razor started his bike back up, his thoughts filled with his ex-lover as he sped off towards town.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“In the local news tonight,” the television reporter said in a somber voice. A picture of a blond woman popped up behind the reporter. “Harmony Kendall was visiting with her parents when she disappeared. She was last seen by friends leaving the Bronze, a nightclub in the warehouse district where she was assaulted by a dark-haired man.”



Faith tilted her head. She knew that she knew the girl, but for the life of her she couldn’t remember where.



A tearful girl came onto the screen being interviewed by a television reporter. “It all happened so fast, we didn’t even get time to react. I was able to get a picture on my cell phone, but it’s awfully blurry.” The girl held up her phone.



“By all reports, he was a male Caucasian, aged 20 to 30, tall with a muscular build,” the newscaster said. A blurry picture flashed up behind her of the back of a man pushing a girl into a car.



Faith leaned in for a closer look, and she knew that back. “Guys,” she screamed. “Harris kidnapped some chick named Harmony Kendall. It’s on the news.”



Buffy, Willow, Anya, and Tara were the first of the others to arrive. The women slumped into different chairs around the room, their eyes glued to the screen as the reporter continued to speak about Harmony.



“This is all my fault,” Buffy muttered. She put her hands over her face. “I should have seen that Xander wasn’t himself.”



“No, it’s not your fault!” Willow immediately went to Buffy’s side, and she put her arms around her friend. “I’ve known Xander since kindergarten, and I didn’t see it. You can’t blame yourself.”



“What’s goin’ on?” Spike came into the room followed by some of the others including Giles, Bernard, and Marcus. When he saw that Buffy was upset he went immediately went to her side, and he sat next to her. He added his arms to Willow’s around the crying Slayer.



“One of Cordelia’s friend’s was kidnapped,” Anya said. She looked saddened too. “Faith’s pretty sure it was Xander.”



Faith gave a hiss of agreement. She wasn’t saddened by the act. It just solidified in her mind the true evil that Harris could commit. “It was kinda blurry, and showed only his back, but I’m pretty sure it was him.”



“He needs to be dealt with and soon,” Bernard growled. “He’s not just stalking the Slayers now.”



“We shouldn’t have hid ourselves away,” Buffy blurted out. She felt so guilty that she let an innocent girl get kidnapped by her old, probably insane, friend. “Then he wouldn’t have done that to Harmony. As much as I hate the girl, she doesn’t deserve to be kidnapped and who knows what else.”



“Stop right there with the blame game,” Nikki Wood said loudly as she entered the room. She went to stand over by her vampire lover. “The only person to blame is Xander himself and Drusilla.”



“That goes for the rest of you too,” Marcus added. “You are his friends, not his keeper.”



“I could have said something sooner,” Anya said softly. “I was just so worried about being rejected by the only people who would understand the whole ex-demon thing. I mean it’s been over a thousand years since I was human, and things were so simple then compared to now.”



“I’m sorry we made you ever feel that way,” Giles said to comfort the young woman. Since working with Anya at the Magic Box, he had come to realize what a warm, fun person she was. Sure, she was forthright, but sometimes that wasn’t a bad thing.



“I think we can blame that one on Xander too,” Faith said. “He really did a number on all of us.”



“So what should we do?” Buffy leaned into Spike’s side.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



“Oh my God, Harmony’s been kidnapped,” Cordelia gasped. She sat forward to stare at the television screen. “I warned her over and over about going back to Sunnydale.”



Dennis the ghost stood silently watching Cordelia. He knew that Harmony was alive because he hadn’t felt her join the ranks of the dead. Neither had she been vamped. That felt entirely different than a normal death.



Cordelia reached for the phone and a private number that Oz and Wes acquired from Giles. She dialed the number, and then waited impatiently until someone answered. “Harmony’s been kidnapped, and the picture was blurry but it looked like Harris,” she said as a way of a greeting.



“Hello to you, too, Cordelia,” Giles replied. “Faith gave us the same impression.”



“Well, what are you gonna do about this?” Cordelia demanded. “What if he comes after me next? We just took on a big case because you guys said you could handle it there in Sunnydale. I can’t leave the guys in the lurch by going into hiding.”



“Get a bodyguard,” Giles suggested calmly.



“Where am I gonna find one of those on such short notice?” Cordelia rolled her eyes. “I’m supposed to be going undercover with Wesley as a married couple because we’re pretty sure this marriage counseling gig that’s popular here in L.A. is really a pod person racket. So, yeah, he’ll need to be of the salty goodness and be able to wrestle demons.”



Giles cleared his throat. He turned to see Marcus and his three sons enter the room. “Well, Cordelia, I’m not sure what your definition of ‘salty goodness’ is…” Giles cleared his throat as he flushed with embarrassment. “However, I do know of a few young men who can wrestle demons. May I call you back in a few minutes?”



“Don’t be too long!” Cordelia hung up the phone, and she returned to watching the television.



Giles put down the telephone receiver, took off his glasses, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. “That was Cordelia.”



“Yeah, we kinda got that,” Roland laughed. “What’s up?”



“Cordelia is friends with Harmony, the missing girl. She also dated Xander for a time in high school.” Giles put his glasses back on. “She’s worried he might come after her.”



“Do you think so?” Marcus asked.



Giles shrugged. “I don’t know, to tell the truth. I never would have suspect Xander of kidnapping anyone, but it appears I was wrong.”



“What’s this about demon wrestling?” Raymond asked.



“Oz Investigations has taken on a new case, and Cordelia has to go undercover as part of a married couple.” Giles glanced over at the Wood men. “She was that dark-haired girl you were admiring in the picture of the Slayers back in high school.”



“I’ll go.” Robin, Roland, and Raymond each raised a hand.



Marcus laughed. He knew his sons had similar taste in women, but he hadn’t realized they’d all go for the same one. “You boys need to draw straws. I doubt the poor girl could handle a triple dose of Rutilus charisma.”



“I wouldn’t be too sure of that,” Giles chuckled. “She wasn’t called the Queen C back in high school just because of her attitude.”



The younger Wood men looked at Giles with growing interest in their eyes. Maybe they’d found the woman of their dreams.