Author's Chapter Notes:
I made this chapter for Brittany. It's her bday, and this is mah present to her! I hope you all enjoy it, and especially Brittany. I worked for three days on it!! Beta'd by PaganBaby because she is awesome like that! *smooch*
It had been 4 nights since she spent time alone with Spike. She was going to meet up with him tonight and she was so excited. Buffy still woke up with that warm fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach. She found William again, and she was finally his girlfriend. After years and years of wishing and wanting, she finally got what she wanted. She was definitely going to have to find out about why he had changed so drastically though, that was starting to bug her.

She stretched out in her bed and listened to the giggling girls in the next room. Turns out she had a birthday girl in the cabin today. She quickly got herself dressed for the day and entered the next room. She smiled as all the girls chanted “Morning, Buffy!”

“Morning, girls! Did you all sleep well?” She got a series of nods and 'mmhmm's from them and she smiled again. “Well, I have something special planned for today, I just have to run it past Lorne first to see what he says. We will be swimming, so bathing suits and towels are of the good.” The girls all nodded their approval and started to gossip about what Buffy could possibly have planned specially for them.

Buffy walked over to the girl of the day, and knelt before her. “Hey, Brittany. You ready for your special day?” Buffy asked and swiped a fallen strand of hair from the girl's face.

“Yeah. I really am! Do you want to know how old I am?” Brittany asked eagerly, bouncing on her bed. Buffy smiled and nodded at her. “I am ten! I am finally in the double digits! The big 'one-oh'!” she giggled.

Buffy giggled with her, unable to hold back her happiness for the over-excited girl. Buffy was happy that Lorne told her that it was the little girl's birthday, she would have been terribly upset if she hadn't done something special for her. Buffy stretched out her hand toward Brittany and winked. “Come on, follow me.”

Brittany nodded and took Buffy's hand. Buffy quickly told the other girls that she would be back, and if they need someone that they should go to Willow, then she left with Brittany in tow.

“Where are we going, Buffy?” Brittany questioned curiously as she tried to take bigger steps to be like her leader.

“We are going to the campground store. I want to get you something for you, to have. ,” Buffy replied.

It wasn't a far walk, about 5 minutes. The walk seemed pretty quick, as Brittany told Buffy of her big birthday plans for when she got home. Buffy couldn't help her memory wandering to when it was her tenth birthday.

~FLASHBACK~

“Mom! William is here!” Elizabeth screeched and took off running toward the front door.

She threw the door open before William was even out of the car and she ran over to him, tackling him and landing in a heap of arms and legs on the ground. They were both giggling and hugging each other.

“It's been so long since I've seen you last, Elizabeth! I've missed you!” William said as he helped her up off the ground.

“I know! I'm so glad you were able to come see me on my birthday! I've missed you too!” she told him then took his hand in hers, leading him into her house. “I have so much planned for us to do today! It's going to be just us today. I wanted to spend my whole day with only you. So it's just us. What do you want to do first?” she asked and held up her list of things to do.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



They spent most of the day hanging out and doing different things. They went to the movies, mini golfing, indoor swimming. All in all, they had a good day together. They were sitting on the porch, eating cake and ice cream, pointing out their favorite parts of the day.

William started to blush and he looked down at his plate, pushing the melted ice cream around with his fork. “I have something for you... I hope you like it,”he said and pulled out a little box from his pocket.

It was delicately wrapped in pink wrapping paper, a little ribbon bow on the top. Elizabeth smiled widely and took the present from William. “Yay! Prezzies!” she giggled and carefully unwrapped the paper, making sure not to tear it so she could fold it up and put it in her memory box later. Once the paper and ribbon were put aside, she gently ran her fingers over the velvet box and looked up at William. “Oh, I'm so excited!” she beamed. She slowly opened the box up and gasped.

It was a simple silver chain bracelet with a flat nameplate for a message. She gently took it out of the box and read the message:

Elizabeth. BFF, I promise. William.

She smiled at William, tears forming in her eyes. “William! It's beautiful! I love it. Put it on for me?”

William nodded and reached over the table. He took the bracelet and opened the clasp, attaching it to the other side around her wrist. “You like it, then?” he asked shyly, and watched her examine the bracelet again.

“I love it!” she giggled and then threw her arms around him. “I promise, too.”

END FLASHBACK

Buffy smiled. She still had the bracelet in her memory box. She never took it off until she went home the last summer she saw William. She knew she would always be William's friend, but it didn't feel right wearing it anymore. She was going to put it back on when she went home at the end of the week.

She led Brittany to the door of the store, and opened it for her. “Okay, I want you to go inside and pick three things you want, okay?” she told the bouncing little girl.

Brittany smiled and nodded vigorously, then ran off to find what she wanted.


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



They walked back to the cabin, Brittany clutching Buffy's hand with one of her own, and her presents in the other. She had picked out a dream catcher, a stuffed monkey, and a bag of gummy worms to snack on. She was extremely happy with everything Buffy had bought her and thanked her every twelve steps back to the cabin.

Buffy had spoken to Lorne while Brittany was picking out her stuff, and Lorne said it was okay to do something special with the girls. She went into the cabin and smiled at all the girls. “Alright, ladies. We got the go-ahead to do what I have planned for the day. Let's head out!”


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*



Buffy had taken them on a hike to the waterfall, let them explore the hidden cave behind it, and swim. She had a lot of fun with the girls, but now it was time to see Spike. She walked over to the docks, and waited for him to show up. What would they do tonight?

She saw Spike walking toward her with a blanket and a basket like last time.

He walked up to her, dropped the stuff in his hands and pulled her into a hug. “We should meet up more often. Not bein' able to hold you and kiss you during the day is drivin' me crazy,” he told her then captured her lips in a searing kiss.

She returned the kiss just as fervently. She deepened the kiss this time, pushing her tongue into his mouth and massaging his tongue. He groaned and let his tongue play with hers, loving the feel of her in his arms and kissing him.

She felt her thong dampen with her juices and her toes curled. He was an amazing kisser! She was getting so turned one on by the feel of his tongue on hers, and the sound of his groan... damn. So deep and husky, sending vibrations into her mouth and shooting them down her body. She wanted him. She wasn't quite ready yet, but she would be soon. She wanted him to be her first... and only.

She ended the kiss and smiled at him. “I agree. It drives me crazy too. Let's go to our spot,” she said and slipped one of her hands in his, and picked up the blanket with the other hand.

They walked up the path and spread out the blanket like the last time. They both laid down beside each other and held each other.

Buffy's thoughts were lost in the past though. She wanted to know what had happened to William to turn him into Spike. She looked up at him, noticing the scar on his eyebrow and she gently ran her fingers over it. “What happened here?” she asked, and then leaned up to kiss it.

“Long, borin' story,” he replied casually. It wasn't really a long story... the scar part anyway. He just didn't want her to know how much of a fucked up ex girlfriend he had.

“Come on, tell me,” she whispered and laced her fingers with his.

“Well... it was my ex girlfriend's fault. Her name is Drusilla. Right crazy chit, she is. She was at my house one night when my parents weren't home and she wanted to get high on coke, but I didn't want anything to do with that shit. She got pissed at me and argued a bit. I told her that I thought she should leave, and she went nuts. She started to tell me about all of the guys she had cheated on me with, and I got mad,” he looked at her and tried to judge what she was thinking by her facial expression, but she was pretty stoic, so he went on.

“I grabbed her wrist and led her to the door. I told her that I didn't want anything to do with her anymore. She didn't take too kindly to that, either. She picked up the vase off the little table in the hallway and broke it over my head. I was knocked out for an hour, and when I woke up, she was gone. Left this scar. Hasn't been too long, only two months.”

She didn't say anything for a couple of moments. Taking in what he had just said. “Did you love her?” she finally asked.

He thought about that question for a moment. Not knowing how to answer it. “Uhh... I did. In a way, I did. It was more of a... I love you, but I'm not in love with you type of thing. You know what I mean?”

She nodded and leaned in to kiss him. 'What if he isn't 'in' love with me?' she thought to herself.

As if he heard her thought through their connected lips, he pulled away quickly. “But I'm in love with you. I always have been,” he told her, looking deeply into her eyes, making sure she believed him.

She let out a breath that she wasn't aware she was holding and smiled. “Good. I'm in love with you too. Will you kiss me now?”

He smiled back at her then smashed his lips against hers. He really did love her.

They both deepened the kiss as the same time, their lips opening and allowing their tongues to duel. She loved this part of being with him, the intimateness of their kisses driving her all different kinds of crazy. She felt her juices bubbling out of her and moaned, arching her hips toward him. She really, really wanted him.

She pulled back from his lips and rested her forehead against his, both were panting from the heat of the kiss. They looked at each other, their eyes glazed over with lust.

“Spike?” she whispered in between gasps for breath.

He mumbled a 'mmhmm' and she took his hand, guiding it to the hem of her shirt.

“Touch me?”

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews? I hope you dont kill me for he cliffie! *huggles* HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRITTANY!! *smooch* CallMeKitten gave me the idea for the ID bracelet! Thanks Kitten, it was perfect for the story!!