Author's Chapter Notes:
Well, this fic is coming to an end soon. Only this chapter and two or three more left for you to read! Maybe I will prolong the end for a bit... Maybe... I hope you enjoy!
Drusilla walked up the pathway toward Buffy and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “Don't cry, Deary,” she said, trying to soothe the blond girl before she made her cry again. “It won't hurt for long.”

Buffy looked at her incredulously and shrugged Drusilla's arm off of her shoulder. “Don't think that I like you, because I don't. I just want to get a few things straight.”

Drusilla put her hands up and nodded her head. “Alright, no need to be so cranky. Just trying to make you feel better, is all.”

“Well, don't. I don't need your sympathy. What I need is the truth.” Buffy said. “I want to know if you and Spike are together or not.”

Drusilla sighed and her shoulders slumped. “I begged him not to leave me, I really did. But he said he had unfinished business to attend to.”

“Unfinished business?” Buffy asked.

“I don't think I should tell you this.” Drusilla replied and went to walk away.

Buffy stepped forward and placed her hand on Drusilla's forearm, successfully getting her to stop. “No, please tell me. I want to know.”

Drusilla still had her back to Buffy, so she let the evil smile that she had been hiding shine through. “He told me... He told me there was a girl he needed to see. An Elizabeth?” Drusilla turned around, a sad look had taken over her evil grin. “I can't say for sure that that's the name, but he said that he was going to get even with her. He wanted to pay her back for breaking his heart, then move back to England with me.”

Drusilla had him now. She knew about the ticket. Drusilla had called his parents before she came here, she knew everything William had been up to for the last three months.

Buffy's eyes filled with tears again and she took a step back from Drusilla. “Is that true?” she asked.

“No. It's not.”

Buffy's head turned toward the voice she recognized and a sob escaped her throat. “You jerk!” she screamed, just hearing his voice, seeing his face made her heart break even more.

“Buffy! Please!” Spike said, rushing over to her and tried to pull her into his arms. “Don't listen to her.”

Buffy pushed him away from her. She didn't want to be here. She wanted to go, but Spike and Drusilla were blocking her path. Maybe it was a good thing that she had to stay. She could get to the bottom of this.

The dark clouds that had threatened to pour down finally opened, dropping little splashes of rain on her faces. “Little William is in big trouble now...” Drusilla said, immediately followed by an evil cackle. “Silly little girl. Did you really think I would let you take my Dark Prince from me? Did you really think he could ever want you?”

“Shut up, Dru!” Spike hollered, clenching his jaw. “I knew you would do this. I fucking knew it. I shouldn't have sent you to see her.”

Buffy tapped him on the shoulder and he spun around to face her. “Is it true?” she asked. “Where you really planning on going to England with her?”

Spike sighed and he brought a hand up to wipe his wet forehead. The rain had picked up, drenching them. A clap of thunder rang out, causing them both to jump, but they ignored it. “I was plannin' on goin' to England, yes. But not with her. I was goin' to tell you, but I couldn' think of a good time. But I don' want to go anymore. I'll tear the bloody ticket up, just please don't believe a word she says.”

Drusilla started to cackle behind them again, her hair laying wet and limp around her face. “Spike is in love with the sunshine, he doesn't want the rain.” She said and started to laugh again.

“Could deal without the laugh track, Dru.” Spike scolded her, not bothering to look at her. “Buffy, I don't want this to be the end of us. What she told you, none of it, none of it is true. My da' was sending me to England because he wants me to go to a university out there. Drusilla was never in the plan, I swear it.” He reached his hand out and cupped her cheek. “Please, Elizabeth. Tell me you believe me.”

Buffy desperately wanted to lean into his touch, fling herself into his arms and beg him to never let her go. But she couldn't. The woman who had him first was behind them, watching their scene intently and Buffy just couldn't believe him. She looked up at Spike, William, the only guy she had ever given her heart to twice, and break it both times. She frowned and a single tear fell down her cheeks, mixing with the rain.

“No,” she told him and pushed his hand away from her. “I can't.”

She pushed passed them and stood in front of Drusilla. “I hope you are happy with him. You can have him.” Buffy told the brunette then turned toward Spike again. “I don't want him.” She said, and then took off in search of Willow and her kids. She needed a friend to talk to.

Spike whimpered her name, tears falling down his face as he watched the love of his life run away from him for the second time that day.

He went to chase her, but Drusilla stepped in his way, wrapping her arms around his waist. “Time to come back to the darkness, Spike. Sunshine is gone now. We can be togeth--”

“No! How many times do I have to tell you? I am not your Spike or your Dark Prince. I am me. I am hers. I've always been hers.”

“But--”

“Give it up. You have no hold on me, anymore. This ends now, Dru. Leave me alone. Don't come back here.” He pushed her off of him, sending her back a couple of steps. “I don't ever want to see, or hear from you again.”

Drusilla knew she went too far. She knew her little obsession with Spike was weird, but she didn't mean to hurt him so badly. She could almost feel his pain coming off of him in waves. Before, she would have loved it. She loved seeing people in so much pain because of something she had done. But this was different. This time, she knew she broke his heart.

Instead of trying again, she nodded and walked away from him. He would never see her again. She stopped a few feet in front of him, not bothering to turn to face him but she knew he would hear her. “I'm sorry,” she said softly, then continued her walk away from him.

Spike's head snapped up, playing her words of apology in his mind as she walked away from him. He knew she didn't mean it. She took pleasure in tearing him up, and he would never forgive her for that. He wanted to say something rude to her. Something that would cause her some semblance of pain that she had inflicted to him and Buffy, but she wouldn't feel it. She was emotionless.

'Lucky for her.'

Spike sat down in the muddy grass, not caring that his clothes were becoming wet and dirty. He brought his knees up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them. The pain he was feeling was unbearable, he wanted it to be gone. The only way that that could work was if he got Buffy back.

Tomorrow was the last day of camp. The end of summer dance. Maybe he could get her to talk to him there. He could explain everything to her. Explain why he was so shocked when Drusilla had arrived, explain why he didn't push her away, explain why he didn't tell her about the ticket...

Maybe he could get the dance he never got to have with her four years ago.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews? Sorry for it being so emotional and angsty and a little bit on the sad side.. but No worries. Things will get better soon!