Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Paganbaby for the quick and awesome beta job! She looked over it like three times and still got it back to me within two hours! Isn't she wonderful?! *hugs and twirls*
Spike pulled back from one of Buffy's kisses and smiled at her as he pushed a strand of hair behind her ear. “I have to make that phone call now, luv.”

Buffy smiled and nodded her head, accepting that his mouth would be occupied with the phone instead of kissing her. There were worse fates, right?

She watched as he picked up the phone and frowned as curiosity hit her with full force. Who was he calling and why did he want her around to hear it? Deciding that she would just listen to the side of the conversation she could hear, she wrapped her arms around his waist and waited for the other side to answer.

Spike dialed his parents’ number and kissed Buffy's forehead as he waited. After three rings, they finally answered and Spike took a deep breath, calming himself for the inevitable fight to come. “Hello, dad.”

“William? Why are you calling so late?” William Sr. asked, rubbing his eyes and yawning.

“I, uh... need to tell you something that you probably won't like... but hear me out, okay?”

William Sr. sat up straighter, wondering what was going on with his son. He hoped he wasn't in trouble. “What is it, Will?” he asked as he put his glasses on.

“Well, I wanted to tell you that I won't be going to England...” he smirked when he heard Buffy gasp and pulled her tighter to his chest. “Now, before you say anything, I want to tell you my reason.”

When Spike heard no noise from the other side, he smiled, happy that his father was giving him a chance to explain. “I know that you want me to go and all, but I just can't leave. I have a life here, and it's starting to pick up. I don't want to jeopardize that so I can make you happy. I can still go to a university here and become... whatever it is I will become, but I want to do that here,” Spike said, and waited for a response. When he still heard silence, he sighed. “Please... accept it.”

His father was still quiet for a moment, taking in everything said. Once everything his son had said sunk in, he sighed. “Oh, dear,” he chuckled.

Spike's eyebrows shot up, he was completely confused. “Dad? Are you going to say something?” Spike asked, looking down at Buffy and shrugging at her.

“Will. , I want you to know something...” William Sr. took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. “I knew you might decide to stay all along. I just wanted you to have an option and see which road you would take and see how you would handle this big, life changing decision. I knew that Drusilla was a phase in your life, I knew she wouldn't last. That ticket was to see if you would use it to run from your problems or stay and fight.” He turned to his still sleeping wife and remembered what she had said a week ago. “I'm guessing Elizabeth is there with you?”

“How did you...”

“Call it a mother's intuition. She knew that you would be calling, she only thought it would be sooner. She knew that Elizabeth would be there and you young’uns would smooth over your rift.”

“Okay, this is too weird. How did mum know?” Spike asked.

“She and Joyce have been keeping in touch. They planned this.”

“Mum!” Spike said in shock, “I'm going to have to have a word with her when I get home. Why didn't she ever tell me?”

“I don't know, you'll have to ask her yourself. So, what are you going to do now?”

“I think I'm going to stay here for a bit. Think some things over. Mind if I use the money you gave me for a hotel room?”

“Not a bit. You do what you have to, then come home.”

“Are you sure you are okay with this?” Spike asked one more time, just to be sure.

William Sr. sighed one more time. He wasn't happy with his decision, he knew Spike could go to England and have a fresh start, but he could do the same thing here. Either way, he just wanted his son to be happy. “I can't say that I love this, but I can't make you do something that you don't want to do. As long as you stay away from Drusilla and go to a respectable school... I'm okay with it.”

Spike let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and his shoulders sagged with relief. After Spike told his father that there was no worries about Drusilla, they said their goodbyes and hung up.

Spike turned Buffy to face him, planted a lingering kiss on her lips, and then picked her up and spun her around. He was so happy that everything was working out as he planned, he couldn't help but use her as an outlet for said happiness. After all, she was the main reason.

Buffy was giggling and swatting at him, feeling slightly dizzy from all of the spinning. When he finally let her down, he leaned in to kiss her, but she held up her hand. “If you kiss me right now, I won't want to stop. I have to make a phone call now. Oh, wait. You said you needed to make two phone calls, do you still need the phone?”

“Nope, the second phone call was in case the first one didn't turn out right. Go ahead,” Spike said, gesturing to the phone.

She suddenly shoved her hand in his pocket and started fishing around for a quarter, deciding that just this once, she would ignore his hardening cock and the sexy groan that escaped his mouth. Once she found the coin, she quickly put it in the little slot on the phone and started to dial her house number. While she waited, she felt Spike wrap his arms around her waist and rest his chin on her shoulder. She turned her face to the side and kissed his cheek just as her mother answered the phone.

“Hi, Mom. It's me. I wanted to ask you something... Well, Willow is having a little party over at her house and I was wondering if I could spend a couple of days with her... Nope, no alcohol... no drugs either...” Buffy rolled her eyes at her mother's question, but a smile still played on her lips. At least she cared enough to ask. “Yeah, I will call you when I am on my way home... I miss you too... Love you too... Bye.”

Buffy hung up the phone then turned around to look at Spike. “There. I'm all yours for the next couple of days.”

“What did you do that for, luv?” Spike asked, keeping a teasing tone to his voice. If she actually thought he didn't want her, he would just have to prove otherwise.

Noticing his teasing, she quickly put her hand in his pocket, searching for another quarter. “Well, in that case...” she found another quarter and held it up for him to see. “I guess I will just call her back and tell her that I'm... Hey!” Buffy squealed as Spike yanked the silver from her fingers and put it back in his pocket.

“You'll do no such thing. I was only teasing. Of course I want you to—”

Spike didn't have a chance to finish his sentence due to Buffy crashing her lips against his. When they pulled back, both gasping for breath, Buffy pulled him into a crushing hug, sighing contently when he hugged her back. “I love you, William.”

“I love you, too, Elizabeth.”

Hand in hand, he walked her to her cabin, frowning when he heard a bunch of giggling girls heading their way. He quickly captured her lips in a chaste kiss, then nuzzled her neck with his nose. “Goodnight, Buffy. And thanks.”

Buffy frowned. “For what?”

“Your panties!” he patted his back pocket, turned, and made a quick getaway before she could get them back.

Buffy shook her head, then smiled as she greeted a bunch of happy little girls.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews?