Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to the lovely PaganBaby for beta'ing! *Much love and smoochies* Also, thanks to Xaph for the preeeetty banner!
Buffy felt extremely hot inside the cabin. The fan wasn't helping her any and she didn't want to open her window. She needed to talk to Lorne about getting a screen put in so that she could open the window without fear of letting any bugs in.

She went over everything she did today to take her mind off the heat and thought of the lake. It had looked inviting while she gave the kids the camp tour, so she really wanted to go swimming. With her mind made up, Buffy made sure the kids were sleeping then slipped into her bikini and grabbed a towel.

She sneaked out the door into the warm night air and quietly made her way down to the lake. She passed Willow's cabin and peeked into her window, and saw that she was asleep, so she kept going. Buffy promised herself next time she took a late night excursion, she would get Willow to join her.

Buffy stepped onto the dock and winced when it creaked beneath her weight. “Stealthy Buffy, yeah right,” she whispered into the night air and tiptoed down the dock.

She laid her towel out then started lowering her body into the water, so that she didn't make a sound, sighing as the cool water touched her hot skin. She didn't notice the glow of a cigarette on top of the kids slide.

“You know --”

Buffy 'eeped' and let go of the side of the dock, falling into the water with a splash. Spike snickered and waited for her to surface. When she finally did, he got off the slide and held a hand out to her to help her out.

“Was gunna' say that you didn't have to be quiet. The cabins are a fair distance away. I'm sure the others wouldn't hear you. I'm the leader of The Eagles,” he said as he pulled her out, watching the water drip off her slender form.

“Yeah, well the closest cabins are probably awake now,” she got onto the deck and quickly picked up her towel, feeling a little bit safer knowing that he also worked at the camp. “You didn't have to scare me!”

“Sorry, luv. Didn' mean to,” he said and took a puff of his smoke with his dry hand. “What are you doing out so late anyway?”

“I couldn't sleep. It's to damn hot in the cabin so I decided to take a swim. Is that okay with you, Mr. Lake Police?”

“No need to get snippy, pet. Was jus' askin'.” He shrugged and flicked his smoke into the water.

Buffy watched the cigarette fly over the lake then land with a sizzle and she gasped. “That is dirty! People need to swim in there!” She scolded and put her flip flops back on.

“Who's the 'Lake Police' now?” he chuckled an brushed past her, catching a whiff of her hair on the way. 'Mmmm peach.'

Buffy fell into step beside him and shook some of the water out of her hair. “So, what's your name?”

“Spike,”

“I mean your real name, silly.”

“It's really Spike. Lorne said I could use it as a nickname here.”

“That's not a real name. I don't believe you.”

“Oh yeah? What's yours?”

“Buffy,” she grinned, two can play at this game.

“That's your nickname. What's your real name?”

She shrugged then she put her hand on his arm. “Want to go swimming with me? I know we are almost off the dock, but I still want to go. Join me?”

Not wanting to pass up a chance to swim with her, he nodded his head and turned around. When they got to the edge of the dock, he stripped off his shirt and watched Buffy as she checked him out. “See something you like, pet?” he said with his trademark grin.

Buffy had never seen something so incredibly beautiful. The moon was reflecting off the lake so he was lit with a blue glow, showing off his washboard abs in all their perfection. His arms were nicely sculpted and attached to broad and equally muscular shoulders. He looked like a Greek god. She shook her head and looked up at his face, also glowing with the blue light and devilishly handsome. Perfect jawline, perfect lips and cheekbones to die for. She wasn't too crazy about the platinum blond hair color, but she had to admit it suited him. It was too dark to see his eyes and it almost made her want to pout. ”Yes... I like. I want!'

“Uhh... In your dreams,” she stated lamely, and turned around to break the eye contact.

Spike rolled his eyes and dove into the lake. Buffy dropped her towel and copied him with her own dive.

“So, 'Buffy'. What made you want to take this job?” he asked her when she surfaced.

“I don't know. I like kids and I like this camp. What about you?” she replied and started to float on her back, loving the way the water felt against her skin.

“I'm not to fond of all the young'uns, but I went to this camp as a kid so I wanted to check it out again.” He shrugged and ducked underneath the water.

Buffy quickly thought of William, but figured it couldn't be right because William told her that he wasn't going to be coming back to the camp when he was fourteen because he was moving back to England. William and Spike were too different to be the same person anyway.

Suddenly, Buffy felt something swim past her leg and she started to get worried. Spike hadn't surfaced yet and she couldn't see him because it was too dark. “Spike?” she called out and waited for a reply. Silence. “Spike?!” she called out again, and twisted her body around so she could see more of the lake.

She was about to call out his name again, but instead she was pulled under the water by a hand on her ankle. When she got to the top of the water, she was greeted with Spike’s laughter.

She splashed him then slapped his shoulder. “Don't do that! I thought you drowned or something!”

“Sorry, luv. Couldn' resist.” He grinned then dunked her under the water again.

She opened her eyes under the water and took hold of his leg. She gave a good tug until she knew he was completely under before she let go and started to tickle him. Spike heard a muffled giggle and a series of splashes, so he swam toward the sound. He surfaced just behind her and wrapped an arm around her waist, pulling her flush against his chest.

“That wasn't fair, luv.” He told her then picked her up and tossed her into the deeper part of the lake.

Buffy squealed then quickly sucked in some air before she hit the water, all the while missing the way his body felt against hers. She swam up behind him and tapped his shoulder. “What's not fair, is you having muscles to lift me up. So I just have to do this!” she said then quickly dunked him.

“You noticed the muscles, did you?” he chuckled and wrapped one arm around her waist.

He started to feel mischievous so he used his other hand to 'accidentally' untie her top bikini string and then threw her into the water so she wouldn't notice. As she flew into the water, she landed chest up, so he caught a glimpse of her perky tits, her rosey nipples peeking out of the water.

“Spike!” Buffy called out when she surfaced and held her top to her chest. “My top came undone, turn around so I can tie it up.” She commanded and he quickly turned around, hiding the evil grin and erection he was sporting.

“Spike?”

“Huh's that, pet?”

“I need help. I usually tie it up before I put it on, so I have never tied it up this way. Plus, trying to stay afloat doesn't help much either.” she asked as she held the top to her chest.

Spike beckoned her closer so he could help her. He took the strings from her hands and tied it up. “That good, luv?” he whispered huskily into her ear.

She turned to answer him but was caught off guard by the look of pure lust on his face. They both leaned in closer to each other in an attempt to kiss but were interrupted by someone calling out Buffy's name. Both of their heads turned to the sound. Willow was standing on the dock with a hand on her hip and Buffy's towel in the other. “Get out of there! We have a situation.”

Buffy and Spike swam toward the dock and got out.

“What's wrong?” Buffy asked as she dried herself off then handed the damp towel to Spike.

He mumbled a 'thank you' and Willow passed Buffy her sandals. “One of your girls wet the bed. She said she couldn't find you so she came to my cabin. She is pretty upset, but she wants you,” Willow replied as they started to walk back to the cabins.

“Okay. I will go see her,” Buffy said to Willow, and then turned to talk to Spike. “Sorry, this has to be cut short. I had fun though.”

“Same here, pet. See you tomorrow.” He gave the girls a salute then went in the opposite direction.

“Who was that?” Willow asked as they neared their cabins.

Buffy smiled and looked in the direction he went off to. “Spike.”

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you to PaganBaby again for the little 'wardrobe malfunction' suggestion. It made the chapter a lot better! *hugs*


Reviews? *bats eyelashes*