Author's Chapter Notes:
It's kind of fluffy, hope you like it! Unbeta'd tho...
”Why did you leave me?”

'Uh oh.' Spike thought to himself as his smile faded. What was he going to do? Tell her the truth, or lie and tell her that he really did have to move back to England? On one hand, the truth would be the best way to go, but it would hurt Elizabeth. There was no doubt in his mind that is he told her the truth, she would get mad at him because it was a stupid reason to leave. He could have made it all up to her, but his pride always got in the way when he picked up the phone to dial her number.

Or he could lie... Not the best choice, but it would help with not making her angry with him. He let out a sigh and looked into her eyes. “I had to. My parents were moving, I couldn't just stay here. I was 13. But... I always wanted to call you, but my parents told me that it would cost too much, and they wouldn't let me stay up late enough to call you at a proper time.” He lied. 'Damn my insecurities.'

“Really?” Buffy asked, scrunching up her face at the lame excuse. “Thats... Not even on weekends? I mean... your parents aren't that strict.”

He shook his head. “No, I lied... I didn't go back to England, we stayed in L.A. I don't want to tell you the truth, Elizabeth. It's bloody pathetic. And I don't want you to be angry with me for something that happened five years ago... I kept my accent though. Because you told me you liked it.” He told her with a beaming smile, hoping she would take the subject change.

She crossed her arms over her chest, giving him a disapproving look. “William. Tell me the truth. I won't get mad, I promise.”

“Okay. That night, at the dance... I wanted to dance with you, but Liam got in the way. I thought you really liked Liam, so I decided that I should just let you dance with him. When you came out to talk to me, I was upset with you. I was tired of being 'William the Best Friend' so I told you that I was leaving. It broke my heart to do it, but I was so angry and upset that it just came out,” he leaned back and put his arms behind his head, staring up at the stars.

“I really did try and call you, but I was nervous. I would think that you would hate me, and then I would get angry all over again and just hang up the phone. I had myself convinced that I didn't need you in my life,” he sat up again and took her hand in his. “But the truth is, I do need you. As my best friend, my lover, my everything and anything you decide you want me to be.”

She had tears forming in her eyes. After all this time, she could have made things better by just calling him. She could have called and told him that she missed him, but she thought he had moved, so his 'old' number was no good. She cupped his face, smiling when he leaned into her touch. “My William. I want to give us a try. I want you to be my everything. Just don't leave me again, please?” she asked, a stray tear falling from her eye and landing on his knee, soaking into his jeans.

He put his hand over hers, and gave her a gentle smile. “I would love that. I love you, Elizabeth. I always have.” He whispered, then leaned in to kiss her.

She kissed him back, smiling against his lips. “I love you, too, William,” she breathed and leaned in for another kiss.

She had kissed boys before, but none of them compared to this kiss. It was like he was pouring every motion into the kiss and it was almost overwhelming. She opened her mouth a bit, giving him the access he wanted and enjoyed the feel of his tongue playing with hers. He pulled her closer to him, wrapping his arms around her and gently laid them down on the blanket. He hovered above her, caressing her cheek with his thumb as his tongue memorized the inside of her mouth.

His hand went lower, playing with the hem of her shirt. She wrapped her arms around his neck, her hand playing with the curls at the nape of his neck. His hand disappeared under her shirt, caressing the soft skin he found. His hand kept drifting higher and higher until his fingers brushed against her bikini top. She felt him moan against her mouth and he started to grind his rock hard erection into her thigh, making her tense up.

She was getting nervous, she hadn't been very far with a guy. Mostly kissing and skin touching. She wanted to go farther with him, but she was scared. He gasped against his lips and gave him a gentle push on his chest. “William, stop. Please,” she pleaded in a soft voice as his hands played with the edge of her bikini top. She pushed him harder, making his hand slip from out of her shirt. He looked down at her with a concerned look on his face and she gave him an embarrassed smile. “I'm sorry, but I'm not ready. Not yet, but I will be.”

He wanted to take her right then and there. Remembering that she told him that she hadn't had a real boyfriend drove him crazy with lust. She was untouched. His Golden Goddess, a virgin for him to deflower. “It's okay, Elizabeth, I can wait.” He said and then leaned down for another chaste kiss.

“I think we should go, anyway. It's late and the kids will be up in a couple of hours,” she yawned and buried her face in his chest. “I'm tired anyway.” She giggled.

He chuckled and sat up. “Yeah, I'm kind of knackered myself. Just let me pack up everything, and I will walk you back to your cabin.” He told her then started to put the stuff away.

Once he was done, Buffy stood up and helped him fold the sheet they had been laying on. Spike tucked it into the basket then lifted it up. He smiled at her, took her hand and led her down the path toward the docks.

They walked in comfortable silence, exchanging glances and smiles. Both of them were so happy to have each other back in their lives, and both scared to lose each other again.

When they got to the docks, Buffy turned to Spike. “Maybe it's not such a good idea to walk me to my cabin, I don't want us to get caught and get into trouble,” she leaned up and gave him a quick kiss. “I'll see you tomorrow. Bye.” She whispered and kissed him again then turned around to walk to her cabin alone.

“You can count on it. Oh, and Buffy?” she turned around and he smiled. “Have a goodnight, sweet dreams and I love you.”

“Ditto, love you, too, Spike.”

Then they both went their separate ways, both thinking of each other and what tomorrow would bring.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews?