Chapter 5:

Their lips part and Buffy slowly opens her eyes to find Spike staring down at her. She’s calm now and finally her thoughts are not focused on the flesh eating undead outside their door. All thoughts of Riley’s death and his screams of pain as they tore into him are replaced by thoughts of Spike’s lips. Lips of Spike, Buffy thinks as she looks up into his big blue eyes. Spike watches as her brow then furrows and she looks at him with a confused expression.

“What the hell was that for!” Buffy yells at Spike and pushes him away.

“Wanted to snap you back to reality… I see it worked,” Spike says as he watches Buffy wipe her lips with one hand and then the other, “Oh, come on Slayer don’t look so disgusted, it’s not like we haven’t locked lips before.”

“Yeah, and I was just as disgusted then… actually, so were you, how come you’re not freaking out over ‘lips of Buffy’ right now?”

“Don’t get your knickers in a twist slayer, it’s not like I wanted to kiss you, it just so happens that we have bigger issues right now, or have you forgotten that there are things out there that want to eat us, that or maybe you want to end up like captain cardboard.”

“Like you even care… you’re evil remember?”

“Yeah,” Spike says drawing out the word, “but I happen to like this world… not to mention I don’t really feel like being eaten alive right now, so can we concentrate for a second and figure out what to do here?”

Buffy crosses her arms in frustration and stares blankly at the vampire before her for a moment, then she sighs and realizes that Spike’s right. They need to work together to get through this. She hears the zombies trying to get through the door and can see their shadows passing by the window. Buffy glances around the room, this is a commando’s dorm room she remembers, she thinks then because of that there must me something of use in it.

“We need weapons,” Buffy says matter of fact-ly as she pulls open a desk drawer and searches through its contents.

“Well we’ve got one ax… wankers swindled me out of a sword…” Spike says picking up the ax from its position on the bed.

“It’s not good enough… we need guns.”

“Right… and you’re what? Expecting to find an arsenal in here?”

“All the commandos live in this building, there’s got to be something,” Buffy says now having moved on to the closet. She pulls out clothes and boxes from the shelf, Spike watches as they fall in heaps on to the ground. Then Buffy moves over to the night stand. She pulls out the drawer and stops, there before her are two pistols and one larger gun set in a white glowing case.

“Well hello there shiny weapons of undead doom,” Buffy says as she pulls a gun out with each hand and turns around to face Spike with an ‘I told you so’ look across her face. “Look, what I found.”

Spike walks over with a swagger and curious eyes. He’s completely surprised that Buffy actually found weapons in the room. He glances into the drawer that she pulled them from and pulls out the last gun for himself.

“Only in Sunnyhell," he mutters. "Alright… so back out the door then?”

“No, there’s too many of them now, we’ll run out of bullets before we get through the lobby,” Buffy says as she looks around the room once again this time in search of an escape, then her attention goes up, up to a vent. As she looks at it she realizes that it’s just big enough for them to crawl through, “up there… we’ll go over them.”

“In the ceiling,” Spike says as he looks up at the vent and is reminded of his encounter with the blonde slayer years earlier on parent teacher night.

Buffy drags the night stand to the center of the room not wanting to take the chair that’s propped against the door to lift herself up to the vent. As she goes to stand on the nightstand she finds that her long skirt is limiting her movement. Buffy stands on the floor and rips her skirt at thigh level all the way around effectively turning it into a mini. Spike watches her with wide eyes as she exposes her legs. His eyes look her up and down taking in every one of her curves with great detail.

From the fabric that Buffy ripped from her skirt she further tears into two strips. She uses one of the strips to tie a gun to her right thigh in a makeshift holster and then does the same with on her left thigh. When Buffy looks back up she catches Spike checking her out with a lusty glare, he’s looking over the skin that roams from the end of her now short skirt to the top of her tall boots.

“You’re a pig Spike.”

“Hey now, I’m not the one tearing my clothes off,” Spike says causing Buffy to roll her eyes at him. Buffy then looks up at the vent in the ceiling and then back down at Spike.

“You first,” Buffy says.

“Why me?”

“Because I don’t want you staring at my ass the whole time we’re crawling… now go.”

“In your dreams Summers,” Spike says as he climbs onto the nightstand and takes the covering off the vent.

“Maybe my nightmares.”

“So you do think about me at night then,” Spike says as he enters the vent making his voice muffled to Buffy.

--

Xander’s car weaves down the road as if being driven by someone who’s had one too many. It moves from the right lane to the left as Xander tries to avoid the zombies just enough so that he doesn’t damage his car to the point where he can’t drive it. However he still nicks a few of them as he goes sending them rolling across the pavement. Blood splatters across the window like tiny red droplets of rain as Xander nails one of the undead students.

“Oh, ten points for that one… nice job hunny,” Anya says.

“An, I don’t think turning this into a game is the best idea right now,” Xander says.

There are headlights on up ahead. Headlights from a car that seems to have crashed into a tree, the lights face them causing Xander’s sight to become slightly more limited and as they near the car, he thinks that the vehicle must have done a one-eighty in the road to end up in the position it’s in, unless the driver was going toward the campus but he doubted anyone other then themselves were crazy enough to attempt that. Then he sees the door of the crashed car fly open, he slows down instinctively thinking that maybe there is someone in that car who needs their help, then he watches as a young woman exits the car.

“Stop!” Willow yells and opens her car door before Xander even has a chance to bring the car to a complete stop. “Tara… over here!”

Tara looks up from her daze, everything still appears slightly hazy from her accident, and she stares at the car stopped in the middle of the road. Tara sees a flash of Willow’s red hair and then she recognizes the witch. Her eyes dash around looking for the creatures that she had been trying to escape from earlier and can see them in the distance. She knows they’re closing in. Tara makes a dash for the car, running as quickly as her feet will carry her. Willow slides over as Tara enters the car and slams the door shut.


Chapter End Notes:
Please Review, and thanks for reading. :)