Author's Chapter Notes:
Unbetaed but since my last beta is on vacation for the week I figured you guys might want something to read on a story! Enjoy:)

Chapter 3: The Shock of the Truth



Xander watched as Spike climbed the ladder to their level. He noticed his shirt had some blood on it as did his pants and his hair was a mess but otherwise he looked okay.

Xander frowned at the blood, “You get beat up too last night?”

Spike shrugged replying, “Not really.”

Tara pointed to Spike shirt where the blood was and he ran his hand through his hair, “It’s the slayer’s blood. She got a pretty nasty stomach wound by what I’m guessing was her stake. She has a cut over her eye that you probably saw. It appears she has some bruised ribs I’ll have to wrap up later on to make sure she doesn’t injure them again as she insists on walking around when we have company. Her neck also has some huge gashes from where the vampire took some hunks out of her but she’ll live. Thanks to you wankers showing up, she reopened her stomach wound, which is why I’m covered in blood and why the air smells of fresh blood again. She was healing fine until you disturbed us.”

Xander glared at him, “We are her friends and you aren’t. We should be taking care of her.”

Spike waved his hand in the air shutting up Xander, “The girl trusts me simple as that. We’ve been through a lot together and she’s right, I’ll take good care of her. I still don’t understand why I’m the universal hub for finding Buffy. Just cause she’s here when you guys come looking doesn’t mean she’s always here.”

Xander blinked as his brain clicked on but Willow spoke up first, “Well you are evil. We never know what you would do to her.”

Spike sighed as he slumped down in his chair picking up the bottle of alcohol muttering, “Bloody Hell. When will you people get it into your thick deluded skulls that I won’t hurt her. I love her, and I won't desert her like some people.”

Willow spoke quietly, “We don’t leave her.”

Spike got up and paced taking another sip of the bottle, “Let’s see, her dad left her never to turn around and even look back not even when her mother died. Angel left her to go play games in L.A. trying to get to be human instead of enjoying the time he has with her. She would have probably given up her life to be with him and does he appreciate that? No he runs away leaving her alone to fight the good fight. And you guys, you judge her, yell at her, and spend so much bloody time making her feel like trash that she thinks she is trash. She spends all her time with me because I don’t make her feel trashy or judge her. I let her be herself and I don’t expect her to be okay with the world after experiencing heaven. When was the last time any of you guys can say you experienced heaven only to be thrown into a deep dark bloody coffin and having to dig your way out of it. Then not only that but to be forced to fight to live because your so called friends didn’t even give you a moment’s peace and expected you to deal with all the problems. Those problems should have been handled by you people who are her ‘friends’ especially you witches who lived in her bloody house using her damn money up! The girl is struggling to survive and you are so busy with your wedding and with your relationship issues and with your magic to even notice she’s drowning.”

Everyone looked shocked that Spike was finally letting them have it after putting up with their crap all summer while Buffy was gone. Xander finally said, “That day Buffy was invisible, was she here?”

Spike rolled his eyes, “I just told you that you’re a sucky friend and all you can worry about is whether or not I was really shagging the slayer who was invisible in the bed when you busted in on us? You lot are pathetic. Now get out before I give myself a headache throwing you out because it would bloody well be worth it. Oh and send the nibblet over with some clothes for Buffy for when she feels better and her stuffed pig she sleeps with oh and tell the nibblet to bring me that CD in the top of her sock drawer that Joyce used to pay for her when she was sad. It might give her something to listen to instead of me singing." He turned away dismissing the group then remembered something, "Call Lorriane, her boss and let her know she’s sick and won’t be making it for a few days.”

The group looked at Spike's back with their eyes wide open and didn’t know what to say. He openly admitted to sleeping with Buffy, seemed to know what she wanted when she was sick, and was caring for her when the group wouldn’t have known exactly what to do. Buffy never got seriously hurt or sick at least to their knowledge.

Willow whispered quietly to Tara before walking out the door, “I didn’t even know Buffy’s bosses name.”

Tara put her hand on Willows shoulder and left. Xander looked at Anya in shock but knowing it wasn’t the time to say much, he also turned walking out.

Anya stayed behind a minute to try to reassure him, “For what it’s worth, I’m glad you and Buffy are having plenty of orgasms. She died and needed some badly. Riley was never enough for her. She was always unsatisfied and cranky. She’s been less antsy lately and I’m guessing you’re why. Need anything?”

Spike nodded, “Send the platelet over around 8 and she can watch Buffy while I do a quick patrol to make sure no baddies are causing issues while she’s sick.”

Anya nodded her agreement and left quickly to catch up with Xander. He rolled his eyes as they left, “Damn wankers.”

He went to the fridge noticing he had some blood left luckily and vamped out drinking some because Buffy’s blood filing the air was making him mighty hungry and he needed to redo her bandages to tightly wrap her ribs which meant even more blood would fill the air. He drank an extra pint as he pulled out a granola bar and some orange juice to bring down to Buffy to encourage her to eat before tackling Buffy’s wounds.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Xander sat down in the Magic Box talking on the phone to someone.

He said into the mouth piece, “Yeah I’m sure. Spike admitted it from his own lips. He said and I quote, ‘I just told you that you’re a sucky friend and all you can worry about is whether or not I was really shagging the slayer who was invisible in the bed when you busted in on us?’”

He paused and then continued, “Well that sounds like an admittance to me, doesn’t it to you?”

He stared at the phone for a moment before responding to whatever the question was, “Well she’s sick and left alone with him and I don’t know what to do. Giles is in England and we can’t really put a spell on him although Tara insists his aura shows he really cares for her and that Buffy’s reflected that right back. But I swear something was off.”

He paused again as he took a bite of his donut not even stopping to chew it, “Oh could you? That would be great. When can we expect you?”

He shrugged even though the person on the other end of the line couldn't see the gesture, “It’s pouring down the rain here so it doesn’t rightly matter when you arrive.”

He grinned taking another bite blowing white powder from his mouth as he replied, “Yea I’ll meet you there then. Sounds good. Yeah we will get to the bottom of this.”

Xander hung up on the phone as Anya glared at him from her register. She didn’t like this at all but what could she do about it. She sighed, “Xander can you close up for me? I need to ask Dawn for something to bring to Buffy.”

Xander yelled towards her as she was about to walk out the door, “Can’t I come?”

Anya turned around looking pointedly at Xander while shaking her head, “No it will only be a minute.”

Xander sighed chomping on his donut just waiting for nightfall.