Chapter 6: Good Awakenings



Buffy yawned as she awoke feeling pretty good. She leaned down and licked Spike’s nipples enjoying the way he moaned in his sleep whispering her name. She wiggled on top of his waist and moaned as his erection rubbed against her clit making her body tingle. Her head still felt a little foggy but she felt horny and wanted Spike badly. Waking up with him laying next to her was driving her crazy. She ran her warm fingers over his cool chest pausing to trace around his nipples before sucking them into her mouth. She wiggled down to rest on his knees licking her lips as she was dying to taste him. She never did this for anyone else because Riley never liked it and preferred slow sex to any real foreplay and of course the others were one-night stands. Based on Spike’s reaction the day she was invisible, she knew he would like this. She licked her dry lips making them moist as she opened her mouth sucking him in.

His hips arched as his eyes sprung open as he roared out, “Buffy.”

She ran her fingers up and down his thighs as she moved one of her fingers up to cover his mouth making a shush motion. She then swallowed around his erection and he groaned out her name moving one hand to grip the bed sheets tightly and the other to run through her hair. She gasped as she realized she still had some left that she hadn’t put into her mouth and decided just to work with what she could take in. She was a tad nervous as she moved her tongue around his erection remembering Anya’s comment about it once saying to suck on it like a lollipop and to tongue it like a cat laps at milk. She swirled her tongue around the base feeling the tip slide further down her throat.

She was so afraid she would gag and ruin the moment but Spike was groaning loudly and encouraging her, “My God, it feels so good. You are so hot and warm and your mouth feels divine. I feel like I’m on fire Buffy. You make me feel so alive. I’m getting closer and closer Buffy.”

Buffy kept alternating sucking and licking and she brought her hand up to his balls to fondle them as he suddenly pulled her mouth from his erection and she bit her lower lip in worry, “Did I do something wrong?”

Spike chuckled as he shook his head moving a hand down to feel if she was ready for him. He felt his hand became drenched with her fluids as he realized she was more than ready for him. He whispered in her ear, “Ready for me?”

She didn’t answer and instead lowered herself down onto his erection. He groaned out in pleasure and she began to move. After moving a few minutes he noticed her slowing down and he whispered, “Want to stop? I’ll use my hand to get you off if you need me to.”

Buffy shook her head biting her lower lip. She tried to move a few more times but was feeling so weak she spoke in barely over a breath of air, “You do it.”

Spike didn’t need to be told twice as he flipped her without leaving her so she was down on her back and she wrapped her weak legs around his waist. He nibbled at her neck making her body shudder in pleasure as he leisurely sucked at her neck giving her a hickey.

She was in too much pleasure to complain and instead moaned, “Spike…”

He created a fast but gentle motion rubbing against her clit with his pelvic bone with each moment. Buffy took turns meeting his thrusts feeling weaker by the moment. Spike could tell she was close but that she wouldn’t have the energy to continue much longer so he picked up the pace doing the hard work for her and then moved his hand to where they joined rubbing her clit hard and fast. Her inner muscles worked over time squeezing him making him as close as her. She whispered, “Spike….”

He leaned down kissing her on the lips as he plunged into her one more time as she screamed out his name into his mouth, in pleasure and clung onto him for dear life. He plunged into her one more time spilling himself inside of her as he rolled over as to not land her and pulled her with him to rest on top of him in the original position they were in when they started. Buffy laid her warm head over his cool chest as she whispered, “I needed that.”

Spike chuckled and said, “I could tell pet. Somehow I could tell.”

Buffy smiled as she whispered, “If I sleep, will you wake me up in a few hours for soup? I haven’t eaten lately and I’m getting weak even though I’m feeling a tad better.”

Spike nodded and kissed her forehead as he said, “You feel a tad bit cooler.”

Buffy didn’t respond and instead yawned as she wrapped her arms around his cool body and promptly fell asleep.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Spike hummed as he stirred the soup in his makeshift stove. A few weeks ago, he had figured out how to borrow electricity to create a stovetop from a grill. He tasted the soup and was glad he had crackers to go with it. He wished he had a sandwich for Buffy but knew her stomach probably couldn’t take the sandwich anyway. He took out two mugs that had he stolen from Giles’s place. One being the “Kiss the Librarian” mug that he always used for his stuff and the other being a clean new mug that Spike had swiped without Giles knowing it. It had a picture of a castle on it. Spike wasn’t exactly sure where the castle was from but it didn’t matter as it was only going to hold Buffy’s soup for her.

He was glad she was feeling better but a sense of dread filled his body as he realized that she might change her mind when she was in her right state. Perhaps Angel had a point in thinking that Spike was taking advantage of her when she was sick. Then his mind played devil’s advocate, “Of course he’s not right. He’s never gotten to nurse the girl when she was sick so he was merely jealous. I get to spend all this time with ‘his’ girl as he calls her and he has no right to her anymore.”

He liked his last thoughts and refused to ponder on it anymore as he grabbed a slab of stone that had been knocked off the wall in one of the many struggles this crypt had seen and he balanced the mugs of soup, a glass of juice and a glass of blood as well as a box of crackers. Before thinking he jumped down to the lower level and had to move from side to side to keep things from falling off. He put the stone slab on the floor as he brushed the hair off Buffy’s sleeping face and bent down next other ear, “Buffy, luv, time to get up. Dinner is served.”

She opened her eyes breathing out, “Spike?”

Spike smiled and kissed her nose, “Sit up, I have a feast.”

Buffy sat up feeling her head still a little foggy and feeling weak but she felt him arrange the pillow behind her head before he carried the stone slab over to the nightstand putting it down. She smiled as she smelt the soup that made her mouth water. She pushed her hair from her face wishing she had something to pull it back and felt it needed a washing bad.

He read her mind saying, “You can go home today I think to take a good shower if you want or you are more than welcome to use mine. The choice is yours but first let’s help get your strength back by eating this delicious bowl of chicken and star soup. I even have crackers!”

Buffy giggled as she rested the mug on her lap enjoying the warmth. She realized she must have broken her fever since she was no longer craving the coolness and was able to enjoy the warmth.

Spike blew on his soup and Buffy couldn’t help but laugh, “Um you don’t even feel heat!”

Spike shook his head, “Doesn’t mean I want to burn my tastebuds off my tongue or that I want to risk burning up from the inside due to hot soup.”

Buffy shook her head as she blew on a spoonful of her soup then took a spoonful into her mouth enjoying the way it warmed her throat and cleared her head. She sighed as she realized Spike was right. Her stomach was healing up quite nicely and she didn’t hear the sound of the rain pounding on the crypt anymore. Her head was clear as well so her fever probably broke. She could go home but the real question is, what would happen once she got home? Would her friends be mad at her and hate her for sleeping with Spike and choosing him over them to take care of her. Would they stake him the minute she left? She gasped as she remembered that Angel was around and so wasn’t looking forward to a conversation with him. She glanced over at Spike noticing he was watching her.

She sighed admitting, “I’m just lost in thought.”

Spike nodded, “I imagine your friends will understand. After all you can blame it on the fever.”

Buffy nodded looking back down at her soup as she took another bite. Her mind wasn’t thinking anything like Spike’s explanation and instead heard doubting thoughts echoing insider her head asking why she had said those things to Angel and Xander. Surely she didn’t really feel that way. She was justifying her relationship with Spike. When the hell did she start doing that? She glanced at him again, “Why don’t you hate me?”

Spike blinked staring into her eyes repeating in disbelief, “Hate you?”

She nodded as she stirred her soup absentmindedly, “Yup hate me. You love me, and I make you say it but never say it back. You’d do anything for me and I’m willing to accept that but never offer anything back. We have been through so much and yet you get nothing in return.”

She looked at him with frustration in her eyes as she repeated, “Why don’t you hate me?”

Spike shook his head trying to figure out what was wrong with her. Perhaps she still had a fever and he didn’t realize it. He reached over kissing her forehead as she waved him off, “I don’t have a fever and answer my question, WHY DON’T YOU HATE ME?”

Spike sighed placing his soup on the nightstand beside him and then took hers from her hand before she spilled it seeing how she was so upset. He didn’t fancy sleeping in a bed full of soup. He sat up straighter turning in her direction as he stated calmly and firmly, “I could never hate you.”

Buffy frowned, “Why not?”

Spike glanced down at the sheets as they pooled at his naked waist, “Well first off, a simple answer, we don’t get to choose whom we love and hate. We can choose to pretend and act like we do but deep down inside, we don’t get to choose. You’re amazing Buffy. Sure, as you said, you aren’t perfect and neither am I. We have an untraditional relationship but I know as well as you do that you care about me. I can’t say the word ‘for’ as I won’t even speak for you in that sense right now but I can say about. If I were outside dying, you’d find me and save me. Does that mean you love me? Probably not because you’d do the same bloody thing for a stray puppy and you wouldn’t really care for it. It does mean however you care about me. I asked for a crumb of hope, a tiny smidgen that you care. I got it even if you are too daft to realize it.”

Buffy’s frown deepened at his insult but let him continue, “Tell me could you ever and did you ever hate Angel? Even when he was trying to kill people and ruining your life, did you and have you ever hated him?”

Buffy bit her lower lip and shook her head. Spike felt a tiny pang of jealousy but said nothing more about it, “That’s how I feel with you.”

Buffy studied him for a minute before answering, “You really do love me.”

Spike agreed, “Yeah pet I do. Now will you eat?” Buffy nodded and accepted the mug of soup and started to eat dutifully.