The day had been long for the both of them.

Spike still had so many questions, so much he wanted to know and understand. He realized he already missed Buffy, which was bloody ridiculous. He had known her less than 24 hours and yet he managed to long for her company more than any other woman he had ever known. It was ridiculous but it really didn´t bother him that much.


He kept looking at the clock every five minutes and drove his boss at the library absolutely mad. When he had eaten and taken a shower at home it was still only 7:15, but he couldn´t wait a second longer, so he grabbed his duster and headed to the coffee-shop.


Buffy had had trouble sleeping. Normally she kept vampire hours, and it should have been her favorite sleeping time when she had reached her hotel room early that morning - but no.


She kept thinking about the encounter with Spike over and over again, and blamed herself more and more every time for biting Spike. That wasn´t planned at all, but when she was sitting there, so close to him, knowing who and what he was, she hadn´t been able to stop herself. It had felt so good, so right. And she couldn´t make it un-happen.


But Spike didn´t go all stake happy on her afterwards, so maybe it would be ok. When she realized she couldn´t do anything about the situation now, she finally managed to drift into restless sleep for few hours.
And when she looked at the clock next time it was 7:30. *Time to go and see him, and please girl, keep it together!*


When Buffy arrived Spike was already sitting at the same table they had last night and drinking coffee. He glanced at her and smiled. Buffy smiled back, went and ordered herself a coffee and a chocolate muffin, and came to the table.


"Hi luv, you look a bit tired. Trouble sleeping", Spike asked and mentally kicked himself right after for saying she looked tired. *Yeah, girls just love it when you insult their looks, you git!*


"Well, I´m a vampire trying not to get dusted by a Slayer while telling him this really odd story, which may influence both our futures majorly, so yeah, I did have a lot of trouble sleeping.

And what about you? I didn´t scare you last night did I? I really didn´t mean to bite you it just happened ‘cause I was finally with you and I was so happy to see you and..." Buffy would probably kept babbling for God knows how long if Spike hadn´t stopped her.


"Breathe, just breathe. Oh, sorry, you don´t...Silly me. Just relax. I´m not mad at you. I have a lot of questions, but I´m not mad."


The waitress brought Buffy her coffee and muffin, and she drank few mouthfuls just to calm her nerves. *How on earth am I gonna make anything happen if I can´t stop acting like a nervous wreck? Which I actually am, oh God...*


"You like muffins? I thought vampires didn´t eat human food", Spike asked. *Have I missed some important lesson from Giles, again?*


"Well, they usually don´t, but I haven´t lost my ability to taste food that much, and chocolate, that´s just yummy. I need the blood to survive, but food is just for the girl in me."


"I see. I need to introduce you to the spicy buffalo wings they serve at the Bronze, I mean they are to die for. Figuratively speaking of course", Spike said smiling at Buffy, who smiled back and took a bite out of the muffin, then took a piece of it and fed it to Spike.


Spike opened his mouth and took the bite sucking Buffy’s fingers shortly into his mouth. A small electric shock zapped him and gave him a pleasant feeling that had nothing to do with eating and a lot to do with the sly little smile Buffy had on her lips.


*So you feel it too, do you now*, he thought and gave her a small grin returning to topic after that.


"You said you are alone most of the time, why is that?"


"Like I said, all my friends and even my mother thought that I died in 1980, and I never spoke to them again. I kept an eye on my mom, but always from afar, and she died three years ago. I don´t have too many friends since it is a bit hard to explain the sunlight allergy, and other vampires...lets just say that they are not on the saving-people- side like I am. So you see, it´s easiest to just be with...me. And now I´m rambling again, stopping now."


"I don´t mind you rambling, it´s actually bloody adorable. Could listen to you all night I could."

Buffy would have blushed if she could, but now she just lowered her eyes and smiled a cute smile while twirling a lock of her hair around her finger, and looked even more adorable in Spike’s eyes.


He kept forgetting that this was a vampire he was admiring, in his mind she was more a Slayer than a vampire. She was a good guy...well not a guy, a girl, definitely a girl.


"I said yesterday that you must be lonely, and I still wonder how you go on."
"And I said I have a purpose, a destiny if you wanna call it that. And it involves you Spike."
"Your destiny involves me? Are you pulling my leg?"


"No, I wouldn´t do that. You are perhaps my only chance for having a happy unlife. You ARE my destiny, William. You."


Spike saw the serious look in Buffy’s green eyes and his head was spinning again.
"How? How am I your destiny? And who told you this? And when? And if it´s true why don´t I know anything about this?"


Before Buffy could answer Spike’s cellphone rang. He tried to ignore it, but after "I wanna be sedated" played for awhile Buffy told him to answer it.


"Yeah, what is it? I really don´t have the time now Giles. -- What? Where? Are you sure? -- OK, I´ll go. Bye."


"That your Watcher?"
"Yes, and as much as I hate it, I must go. There is apparently this odd vampire gathering going on in one of the cemeteries."


Buffy opened up her vampire senses fully and could indeed feel one quite powerful vampire and many others.
"There is a fairly strong master vampire here, I can feel it. And the others are probably his minions. How did your Watcher know this?"


"We have few spies around town just so we know if there is something odd going on. There hasn´t been a real master vampire in Sunnydale for a long time, and it´s just my luck one decided to take over the town on THIS night. I´m so not in the mood for this, but I´ve got to go and see what I can do, I´m sorry to bail on you like this."


"Oh, you´re not going to leave me here mister! You think I´ll miss all the fun do you? I mean, taking down a master and others equals fun in my books. And you can use the help."


"You think I can´t beat them on my own? Hello, Slayer here, killed numerous vamps and demons all by myself."
Spike wasn´t really that offended since Buffy´s tone had been teasing, not mocking, but he had to defend himself and his abilities, thank you.


"You probably could, but it´s going to be so much more fun together. I promise you, you won´t regret fighting alongside me. You know I´m good, I´ll got your back."


Spike had no objections, he knew how strong Buffy was, and he already could feel the thrill of a good fight coursing through his body. This was gonna be fun, he knew it.
And with that thought he grabbed Buffys hand and started to pull her out of the coffee shop and towards the cemetery in question.


"You got my back, and I´ve got yours. Can´t wait to fight with another Slayer, between me and you Buffy, they´ve got no chance at all. Come on, this way."

TBC