"How are we gonna play this out? Do you have a plan", Spike asked and wondered how easily he accepted Buffy’s help, and even her lead. *Maybe it´s ´cause she´s more experienced than me? Or I just can´t wait to see her in action?*


"Well, the most important part is taking the head guy out, others will be easy after that. I think I can do it pretty easily if you agree. I‘m a vamp you know, I can get near him fast. He won´t know what hit him. Is that OK with you?"


Spike had nothing against that plan. Buffy had sensed about twenty vamps, and that was too much for him alone.
"That sounds clever. I´ll wait ´till he’s gone and then we take the others out. We´re near, I can sense them too now."


They walked silently rest of the way to the cemetery and took a good look around.


"You wait behind those trees, and once the master´s dust I declare a contest."
"What contest?"
"Well who dusts more vamps of course! I can´t wait to see you in a real fight. Bet it´ll be hot."
"Oh it will be, luv. But what do I get if I win?"
"What do you want?"


Oh there were many things Spike wanted, but first things first.
"Answers. I need to know what you were talking about."
"You´ll get that anyway. As soon as those guys are dust in the wind. Pick something else."


"Okay, a kiss. A proper one." That was actually a very good idea when he thought about it.


"Deal. And if I win, you...well, you buy me chocolate."
"Chocolate? Are you serious? You can´t think anything more...exiting?"
"Oh, I can. But you aren´t ready for that kind of excitement -- yet. So, deal?"


"Deal. Now go on and get rid of that ugly bugger of a master."
"He is kind of ugly. I mean that hair alone is so 70´s, and those clothes..."
"Buffy! Forget the clothes luv. Dusting, remember?"
"Right, sorry. Going now."


Spike found a good place to observe what was happening in the cemetery. The master was standing on a tombstone and apparently giving some sort of pep talk to the others. Spike couldn´t hear what he was saying, but the whole group seemed to be fascinated. And then he saw Buffy making her way slowly towards the group.


Buffy put a sultry smile on her lips and brought her demon forward letting her face change. She knew how to get a reaction from any male, and these guys didn´t make an exception.


So she strolled trough the minions by just pushing them away, and ignored any objections that rose. In few moments she was standing in front of the master. She put her hands on her hips and anyone who could see her could tell she was no pushover. She had power and others could sense it.


The master of the group looked at her with an interested smile. This was a strong, beautiful vampire who would fit beside him nicely, nicely indeed.


"And who might you be? Come to join me have you?"
"That was the plan. Heard you came into town and wanted to check out if you are all that they say you are."


"Oh I am and then some. I wouldn´t say no to a pretty thing like you with us - with me. I´m David, you?"
"Anne. Now let me see up close how much of a master you are. You do look strong, I like it in my men", Buffy said jumping on the tombstone and looking David over and smiling approvingly.


"Do you now? I have a feeling that I like everything about you. I mean, what is there not to like?"
"Well", Buffy said inching her stake out of the waistband of her jeans.


"There might be this one thing...me dusting your sorry ass!" And with superhuman speed her stake found it´s mark and David was dust.


A deafening silence followed before Spike shouted "Game on!" And all hell broke loose.


They both had been right when they stated that it would be thrilling to fight together. It was one thing to be a Slayer and fight against demons, and entirely different thing to fight against them with someone who was as strong as you, and guarded your back the whole time.


They were a swirl of motion spinning, kicking, punching and staking, all while snapping comments to vampires-to-be-dusted and shouting increasing numbers to each other.


Last four vampires started to retreat towards the exit of the cemetery, and Buffy turned her head to look at Spike and said,
"Can you do two at a time? I know I can."
"Yeah, but can you do them from a distance?"
"You think I can´t? Watch and learn."


And with that Buffy pulled another stake from her sleeve and threw them spinning towards two of the vamps.


They didn´t get the chance to run before both stakes reached their hearts. And Buffy didn´t have time to gloat before Spike had thrown his stakes and they hit the backs of the last two.


Suddenly it was quiet, only their panting breaths heard in the dark graveyard. Slowly they turned to look each other, grinning madly. Neither was injured, only few cuts and bruises, and some torn clothes.


Oh, there would be sore muscles tomorrow, but neither cared now. They were buzzing with excitement and feeling elated after a good fight, this time shared with someone.


"So Buffy, how many?"
"9 I believe."
"So then you know I won, I counted 10."
"Yes yes, you won. Too bad that David guy didn´t count," Buffy said rolling her eyes to Spike’s excited face.


She actually tried not to show her glee, she was glad Spike won, a good kiss would feel pretty good right about now.


"Well, can I collect my winnings now? Or later?" Spike couldn´t wait to kiss her, but wanted Buffy to feel comfortable when he did so.


Buffy didn´t answer, she just kind of leaped on Spike winding her hands around his neck and her legs around his waist. He just as quickly wrapped one hand around her lower back, another under her bum and crushed their mouths together.


And like a good cliche, the world stood still around them.

TBC