Spike´s world had shrunk to the space where they stood, nothing outside existed. An apocalypse could be unraveling around them and he wouldn´t notice. All he could feel were Buffy's lips against his and her tongue dancing with his own.


Her lips and tongue were not cold, just soothingly cool and the sensations they created in him were like nothing he had ever known. Spike felt like his blood was heating up more and more each minute.

He was shamelessly grinding against Buffy's body and trying desperately to breathe through his nose so he wouldn´t have to break the kiss. He didn´t wanna stop ever if it was up to him, well, unless it would be to shag this girl silly.

Buffy's brain was going around in a similar track. Spike´s lips and tongue were so hot she was afraid of bursting into flames. She could feel his cock grinding against her and the mere thought of having it inside her was making her breathless, and that´s saying a lot, ´cause she didn´t have to breathe in the first place.


Spike was doing a damn good job in the not-breaking-the-kiss-to-breathe- department, and she could really appreciate it ´cause stopping for anything but ripping of clothes and fucking right there and then was not a thing she wanted to do. So she hung on and gave as good as she got.


At some point Spike´s brain started to register something annoying...*What is that?*

After concentrating for a while he frowned when the sound of his cell phone reached his ears. And with a massive effort he pulled back ending the kiss and resting his forehead against Buffy's.

"Why stopping? No stopping, stopping bad," Buffy said pouting and frowning at the same time.

"It´s my cell, again. It´s probably Giles asking how things went. I better talk with him before he sends a search party after me.

And if that´s not the cutest little pout in this dimension I´m not a Slayer...I´m sorry Buffy, it won´t take long." And with that Spike lowered her to stand on her shaky feet and fished his phone out of his pocket.

"Hi Giles. -- Yeah, there was this David guy, a wanna-be-master-of-Sunnydale kind of bloke and ´bout twenty minions. They were having a sort of pep-rally thing. – Yes, they are all dust. -- How? You know the drill, pointy wooden thing trough the heart and poof! -- Well, if you must know, I had some help. But I´m not gonna talk about that now. -- No, I´m not! You just have to trust me. I know what I´m doing, and no, I´m not putting anyone in danger. Giles, I´ll talk to you tomorrow, now I have something to do. Bye."


"Wanna sit for awhile? There´s a bench over there," Spike asked since Buffy's legs still looked a bit wobbly.


"Yeah, that sounds good. You know, you´re the first guy that´s ever made my knees go week. Actually a bit more than my knees...I kind of feel weak all over, but at the same time I have this amazing energy flowing inside me. Like -- like I´m alive again."


Buffy's words were both shy and exited, and she looked at Spike as to find out if he was feeling the same.
And as they sat on the bench Spike took her hand in his and stroked it slowly with his thumb.


"I know, Buffy. If you feel alive, I feel like I died but was brought back even better than before. I feel like I belong to you, strange huh?"


"No. Not strange to me. I do belong to you, I have no doubt what so ever. And I think you could belong to me. But first I need to tell you things, big things. Will you listen?"

"I can do that. Please tell me about this destiny deal. I need to know."


Buffy closed her eyes for awhile and tried to calm down the best she could. Then she locked eyes with Spike and started to tell her story.


"First two years as a vampire were terrible for me. I didn´t have anybody. I couldn´t be with other vamps for obvious reasons, and I avoided people as well, mostly ´cause I didn´t believe they would understand, and I didn´t wanna start lying to them about what I was.

I stayed in this abandoned house just outside LA, and I paid for my blood and clothes by working in this small dirty bar where the owner didn´t ask questions.

After those two years I was at the end of my road. I was just about ready to walk out into the sun and end my misery."


Buffy suddenly looked away from Spike, she tried hard to keep tears from coming. Only thing keeping them at bay was Spike´s hand that still held hers. It was something solid to hold on to, reminding her where she was and with whom. So she just took a deep breath and continued.


"The night that I had decided would be my last, I overheard these two women talking in the bar. One of them was telling about this mage that could tell if a person had some sort of destiny awaiting.

I really didn´t believe that, but asked her anyway where I could find him. I figured if that didn´t work, I would walk to watch the sun rise.

It was a bit difficult finding the guy, but I did find him. And I didn´t even get the change to introduce myself before he said, ´I have been waiting for you, Buffy Summers`, and I almost tripped over, I was so surprised."


"Hey, who wouldn´t be luv? What was he? Human or not-so-human?"


"I wondered that too. And he was totally human. But I could feel the power he had, and there was a lot of it. I was afraid of course, but I also had this little bit of hope that I might not have to...you know. We sat down, and he told me what he knew. And now I´m gonna tell you."


Spike had the feeling that this was gonna be big. But he also saw the serious look on Buffy's face and the sincerity in her eyes, and realized that what ever this destiny thing would be, they really were in it together.

With that he reached out and took Buffy's other hand also in his, and looked at her, blue eyes serious and trusting.

"I can take it Buffy. At least I think I can. And I´m truly happy that this thing kept you from greeting that sun. Please tell me."


"The most important part of it, I think, was also the first thing he said. A date. Spike -- I died on March 12th 1980."
"But that´s when..."
"You were born. I know.

It apparently is a once in a millennium kind of thing for a Slayer to die at the exactly same moment a new potential is born. And even more rare if the one dying is a girl and the one being born is a boy.

He told me about you. Just your name, and that you were in England. And that I should never interfere in your life, or even look for you.

But...I did look for you. I traveled to England when you were 5 and almost every year after that. I was there when your dad died, you were 12. And I know how hard it was to your mom, and then next year she married that guy."


"Don´t. Please don’t. I can´t talk about that, can´t." There was some serious panic in Spike´s voice as he pleaded with Buffy, eyes big and scared.


"Spike, I don´t want to hurt you. But you need to hear me out, and also talk to me. Please trust me, please let me in. We need each other."


Buffy knew she was begging but didn´t care. If this thing between them was gonna work, Spike needed to let go of the past. He needed to trust her enough to let her in his life. She hoped he was now ready to do that


Spike hadn´t thought that Buffy was gonna bring this out. It was something he had buried deep inside him long time ago. But Buffy was right. He did need someone, and he had a feeling it was her. Maybe he could do this.


And with a huge effort which he didn´t know he had in him Spike said,
"Okay. Maybe I do need to hear it. You know there isn´t a person alive who knows about my past. Not even Giles, not even the Council, I believe. And I do trust you. I did so with my life in the fight, so I do now too. Go on."

TBC