"You’re quite remarkable, you know that? I mean how many guys would take this so well. I was sure you would tell me what a loony I was and at least tell me to get lost, if not stake me."


"If I was an ordinary guy then yeah, that´s how it would go. But I´m not am I? After three years of going up against all sorts of weird creatures, apocalypses and things like that you tend to be a lot more open to new things.

And it takes a Slayer to know one. I mean, we are the only two people around to really know what it´s like. How lonely, dangerous and hard it is. So if I´ve been given somebody to share all that with, in good and bad, and even get some perks with that, I´m not gonna turn that down."

Buffy couldn´t stop smiling, his words just made her feel so happy. She wasn’t going be alone anymore, she would truly have someone.

She couldn´t help leaning up and kissing Spike softly. It was nothing like their earlier heated kiss. It was softer and sweeter, but still as powerful. She thought it was like coming home.

Spike wound his hands in her hair as he deepened the kiss. Her hair was so soft and silky and had this faint aroma of some flower he didn´t recognize. It just flowed trough his fingers as his other hand came down on her shoulder to pull her just a bit closer to his body.

He could feel the connection with Buffy again through their kiss. He thought it was like coming home.

After a while Buffy pulled back smiling, still feeling the heat coming from Spike on her face.

"That was the most sweetest and meaningful kiss I have ever had. As a human I always thought that love was a stupid thing, you know, weakening a person somehow, make them do stupid things.

So I never let myself feel much of anything towards a guy. But with you I have this feeling that when I give something, I get something even better back. I don´t think it can be love yet, but it might just be that very, very soon. And God, I hope I didn´t scare you off with that."


"No, you didn´t. I have never loved anyone except my mom and dad. Like you, I´ve been afraid of giving something so big to anyone. But when I kiss you, or bloody well even look at you, I feel the proverbial IT. Connection. And yeah, it could be love soon, I believe."


Smiling widely Buffy relaxed and got back to business, they had to decide on few things before they could become mates.


"Before we do the mating thingy, there are few hard things we have to talk about. First, your Watcher and then the Council.
They are gonna realize that you are immortal, and therefore being mated to me."


"Giles isn´t going to be a big problem. He is stuffy, but not stupid. If this helps me with slaying and keeps me alive longer, he is going to be OK, not right away, but eventually. But the Council will be trouble. Have you thought about this?"


"I have. They will find out who I am, and they are gonna try and take me out. And since you are mated with me, they will kill you too and have a new Slayer called.

Unless we can make them see what we can do, how this will make their jobs easier. Not so many baddies in the world trying to end it.

They have seers you know. If we go to them and have the seers confirm what we say, they would probably let us be. But going to them is a risk.

In the worst case scenario we´ll have to fight our way out of there, and be on the run, well, for as long as they decide to accept things."


Spike had listened hard and thought hard while listening. Which would be the right thing to do? Going to them and risk getting caught or killed, or hiding?

"I think we should get things sussed out with Giles, and he could then help us to find the best way to break the news to the Council. You know, tell to those people that he trusts the most first. Work our way up to Travers. He´s the head-guy now. What do you think?"


"That you are definitely not just a pretty face Spike. That´s a really good plan."
Buffy was very pleased that Spike was talking about their mating like it was a done deal. And the plan really was good, if they could make Giles see things their way.


"My plans usually aren’t the best, but this time I think it will work. I´ve known old Rupert for three years, and he has surprised me a few times. And besides, when we are mates, what can he do? He won´t sell me out to Travers, I´m sure.

He cares about me too much to let them try and kill me. And, the fierce researcher in him will be itching to get your story documented.

After I tell him who you are, he´ll be reaching for his pencil and notebook so fast you won´t believe it. He´ll come through Buffy, I know he will."


"If you say so, I believe you. That may solve our problems with the Council, and that´s good. With that out of the way, I do believe I have some good news as well. It´s those perks you mentioned. You wanna know?"


"Do I ever! I believe something about sky being the limit mentioned?"


"Yes, you did. We will both be stronger, a lot stronger. Like the way I have both Slayer and vampire strength, my strength will be yours and yours mine, making you have like triple amount of strength, and me too.

Sunlight, crosses, anything holy can´t harm me, and anything that can´t kill a vamp can´t kill you, like drowning or falling.

Stakes will only kill me if they would kill a human as well. So things that can kill us will be beheading, severe burning or fatal stake through the heart.

You will gain my vamp senses including the sensing of different demon species or how powerful a vampire is. Oh, and we will be fast too, like really fast. Combine vampire and Slayer speed and there isn´t anything living or unliving that can go as fast as us.

That pretty much sums that up. Only one thing more, you wanna guess?"


"Wow, all that and there´s more? You tell me, I´m just gonna be the silent listening type a bit longer."


"It´s a personal thing. Mates can feel each other, even from the other side of the world we´ll be able to sense the other. Feelings, pictures, maybe even talk in our heads. We can share everything we want.

The link can be closed partially or all together so we´ll have some privacy. But when we do share feelings, like while making love, it can be a pretty unbelievable experience, I´ve heard.

I don´t know all the things that will happen, but we´ll figure them out, ´cause if there is one thing we do have, it´s time."


"I like the sound of that. I´ve been told that a Slayer has a short life span, but this will make sure that doesn´t apply on me. Thanks to you Buffy, I have a forever ahead of me.

What do you say we make it happen?"


"I say that lead the way. We´ll need to get inside soon, it´s not long until sun rises. So, my place or yours, and I can´t believe I just said that! How cheesy can you get...But really, I have a room at a hotel, we can go there or to your place."


"We can go and get your stuff from the hotel, and then go to my place to make with the mating already."

Spike couldn´t help but laugh at Buffy's eye roll as they started to walk to the gates of the cemetery.

"OK Mr.making-with-the-mating, stop laughing at me and hurry up, or you won´t have anybody to mate with as sun comes up. I bet I´m there faster than you..."
"Oh, you´re so on missy!"

TBC