Author's Chapter Notes:
Beta'd by wickedwitch. Thanks, hon!! Only a couple more chapters of this fic, It's already longer than I'd planned lol. Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter!
William hadn't seen anyone since he left to run errands earlier that day. When he got home, he found a note on his table that Xander had left saying that Anya wanted him to help her get into costume and that William would have to go to the party by himself. Which didn't bother him really, he could get there himself. He would just be a little late. Without Xander, Anya or Cordelia there to push him out the door, he could take his time getting ready. He would go though.

He quickly had a shower, making himself clean in ten minutes, then he dried himself off. He thought about gelling his hair back like Cordelia had earlier, but he hated the crusty, flaky feel of it, so he skipped it, leaving his hair in disheveled curls instead. He thought it looked better anyway. With a towel slung across his hips, he walked into his room. As soon as he opened the door, he heard his phone ringing so he rushed to pick it up before to went to the answering machine.

“Hello?”

“Hi, William?” a female voice asked.

“Yes, this is me.”

“Okay, this is Buffy. How are you?”

William almost hung up the phone. Buffy. Buffy Summers was calling him! He started to shake with nervousness and happiness as he scrambled for his next words. “H-hey! I'm... uh, I'm good, I guess. Getting ready to go to the Halloween party tonight. H-how are you?”

“I'm great! I'm also going to that Halloween party, maybe we can hang out there for a bit?”

William's eyes widened comically. She wanted to hang out tonight? He hadn't prepared for this... and he was going to be dressed like a... Oh Lord, this wasn't going to go to well. Maybe he could say he might not go, but go anyway? It wasn't like she would recognize him either way. Last time they saw each other they were still running around thinking the other had cooties. “I think I might actually skip it. Stomach isn't sitting right. But, we still have that date for next Friday. That okay with you?

“Yeah! That's actually what I called about. Next Friday at eight, right?”

“R-right, next Friday at eight... any specific place you want to go? I mean there isn't a lot of places to go on a date in Sunnydale, but we could... Oh! We could go--”

“William! It's all good. Whatever you plan should be fine. I'll see you then, 'kay?”

They said their goodbyes and hung up, leaving William with a feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach. Buffy was going to be at the party tonight, and he had no way to actually get out of it. Also, he pretty much started off his could-be-relationship off with a lie. This wasn't good.

With more fear running through his body than he started out with, he finished getting ready.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Once Buffy hung up the phone, she decided it was time to get ready for the party. It wouldn't take her long, she'd already done her hair and makeup, so she just had to slip into her outfit.

She was surprised that Cordelia had chosen it for her. It was the complete opposite of her usual attire. On a regular day, she would wear frilly skirts and tank tops, the complete prep wardrobe. But tonight, she was going as a punk chick. She crimped her hair, put dark makeup on—not trampy, but enough to define her features and make her look dark and mysterious. Add some leather pants, a blood red halter top and some leather hooker boots, she looked hot.

When she deemed herself presentable, she went into Cordelia's adjoining room and smiled at her choice in a costume. “Cheerleader? I'm sure you could have picked something more--” Cordy spun around to look at Buffy and she giggled. “Ah, a still-pretty dead cheerleader. Leave it Cordelia to still look hot when she is dead.”

“Don't you know it! I thought, 'Hey, I already have the outfit, add some fake blood and a couple of rips, and you've got yourself a hot, completely costless costume'. Smart. Huh?” Cordy asked and twirled around in, showing off her 'costless costume'.

Buffy rolled her eyes and walked further into the room. “You almost ready to go to the party?”

“Yup.” Cordy said, popping the 'p'. She grabbed her purse, then looped her arm through Buffy's as the headed for the door. “You look hot too, by the way.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Buffy stepped into the house, the music so loud she almost wanted to cover her ears. She saw a bunch of frat boys around a table, watching two obviously drunk girls make out, a bunch of scantily clad women with animal ears, and drunk football players. There was no mistaking that this was a usual college party. Buffy wanted to roll her eyes. She was tired of this crap, but Cordy insisted that she should go, so she did.

She went to the kitchen and picked up a Jello shooter, using a toothpick for loosen the blue Jello from the small cup and then downing it. She made a 'yum' sound and picked up another, figuring she would need it to try and get into the swing of things. When she downed a total of three, she picked up a red plastic cup and made her way to the keg. 'Foamy goodness...'

The first half an hour of the party was boring. Cordy had run off to a room with her at-the-moment-boyfriend Devon and left Buffy to her own devices. So, sitting on the couch, nursing her beer, she sat and watched the clock above the door.

A couple of guys had hit on her, but she turned down every one of them. Including a really dull guy name Riley. Captain of the basketball team and President of the 'I'm a dumb jock, ask me how!' club. Buffy had seen more than her fair share of those types and wasn't looking for another. What she wanted was a nice guy. Someone who would treat her with the respect any woman deserved. Someone good looking and smart, a little adventurous. She wanted...

The guy currently walking through the door. 'Oh. My. God. That's a man, if I've ever seen one. Gotta get me a piece of that!' she thought as she saw a platinum blonde man walk through the front door. He looked a little nervous, but still hot as hell. She quickly stood up, thankful that the three Jello shots and one and a half beers she drank hadn't taken a huge affect on her motor skills.

She waded through the crowded space, holding her drink above her head so she wouldn't spill the contents. Her only thought was to get to the sexy guy with amazing cheekbones before any one else did. As she got closer, she started to feel really nervous. What was she going to say to him? Would her costume make him want to do the things to her that she was currently thinking of doing to him? She hoped so, because she was standing right in front of him now.

“H-hi... I'm... Liz.” She said, covering up the ridiculousness of her name. So it was a lie, it wasn't like he had to know. Besides, it was Halloween.

The gorgeous man looked at her, his eyes running the length of her body, and clearly liking what he saw. She watched as his tongue poked out to moisten his lips and she thought she would just melt. 'Want. Want. Want. Now!'

“Well, hello, Liz. 'M Spike,” he replied, his British accent rolling over her. Buffy shivered as he took her hand and brought it to his lips, leaving a lingering kiss on her knuckles. “Care to dance?”

'Swoon! I'm all swoony! Witness me swooning!' she thought as she dumbly nodded her head. Where was the confident woman that she usually was? Being near this man reduced her to a school girl with a crush, and somehow, she couldn't seem to care. He was hot, she was going to have him. At least for tonight.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


William didn't know where he had gotten this boost of confidence, but damn was he enjoying it. Leading this petite blonde out to the dance floor was doing wonders for his ego. Before tonight, he wouldn't have even thought he had a chance with a girl as incredibly beautiful as Liz, but tonight was different. He was Spike. All confidence, sexuality and attitude. He was going to use it to the fullest, and thank Xander, Anya and Cordelia later.

Right now, he had a bombshell to dance with.

They made it to the dance floor without being swallowed by the crowd and he twirled Liz around, smiling as he faintly heard her laugh. He had never hated a stereo for being loud until this moment. He wished he could hear her laughter without anything to drown her out.

When she started to dance, he started to get nervous. What was he thinking asking her to dance? He didn't know how to. He had no clue what he was supposed to do. Then, Liz started to grind against him, her movements perfectly in sync with the music, and he suddenly didn't care for his lack of dance moves. He slid his hands down her arms and linked his fingers with hers, pulling her arms up above her to wrap around her neck as they swayed to the beat. It was erotic, it was amazing, it turned William on. Remembering that he had a role to play to keep this girl interested, her once again ran his hands down her body and rested them on her hips, pulling her flush against him. He could feel his cock hardening, so he went to push her away a bit, but was surprised when Liz pushed against him hard, all but wiggling her ass against his hard length.

He groaned and spun her around, instantly crushing his lips to hers without thought. His conscience catching up to him, he was about to pull away again, but Liz pulled him closer to her, running her tongue over his bottom lip. He opened his mouth, granting her access to let her tongue massage his. He was in heaven. He had just died and went to heaven.

Then, she pulled away from him, her hand traveled down his arm and cupped his erection, and she spoke, “I want you, Spike.”

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


With Devan in tow, Cordy made her way over to Xander and giggled as she watched her cousin dance... make that mate on the dance floor. “I'm guessing it's happening already?” she asked Xander, nudging him when he wasn't responding.

Xander turned his dazed gaze to Cordy, and grinned from ear to ear. “Holy shit, Buffy is hot!” he said, ignoring the swat Anya gave him. “I didn't think William would do that to his hair, but yeah, operation 'Get William and Buffy together' has begun.”

Cordelia smiled triumphantly. She and Xander that been plotting this for two weeks. She was happy that she didn't have to do as much as she thought she would to get these two together. She guessed she just had a knack for having things go the way she planned.

TBC


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews?