Author's Chapter Notes:
I do hope that you enjoy this and please feel free to tell if you did or did not. I have no problem with constructive criticism, in fact it creates better writers so I welcome it.
“So how are you doing today Buffy?” Angel reclined in the leather chair, enjoying the power he had over most of the staff at the institution as he waited patiently for her answer.

“Cut the crap Angel and tell me how the hell we’re going to get me out of here.” Buffy glared at the too-comfy vampire, taking in his added weight and poofy hair. Spike was right, his hair was stupid, it went straight up.

“Ah ah, patience is a virtue. Now can you tell me what brought you here in the first place?” ‘Dr.’ Angel slid right back into place as he flipped through her file, stopping at certain points before continuing on.

“Let’s see…my husband died, the world almost ended because some creepy ass priest decided to team up with the First Evil…” Buffy rolled her eyes as she gave him the shortened version of her troubles, although it was certainly more than what she had told her actual therapist. Talking about vampires only tended to get you a lifetime pass in places like this.

“Alright then, let’s talk about your true love…tall, dark hair…” Angel preened in front of her, gently tugging at his black button down shirt and smoothing out his slacks. Damn, he looked hot! If seeing his hot body didn’t make her remember how much she loved him…well, he’d just have to think of something else.

“Bleached blonde, blue eyes, answers to the name of Spike…it’s not you Angel. Maybe years ago I thought I was in love with you but I can see the error of my ways now. We weren’t meant to be. Now can we discuss how we’re getting me out of here so I can kick some Watcher ass?” She barely registered that she had managed to pop the armrest off of the chair before Angel opened his mouth to speak yet again.

“Now, now Buffy violence isn’t always the answer. Maybe we should talk about things more, I mean we haven’t seen each other in quite awhile…not since you kicked me out of Sunnydale anyway.” Angel added in his signature brood he knew to be absolutely irresistible to the ladies for effect.

“You kicked me out of Los Angeles first. Right after Thanksgiving where you decided to go all Stalker-boy on me and well, that actually helped but so not the point. Angel, I’m married now, I have a child and I don’t need you running to my rescue every ten minutes or rather every Tuesday as it seems to be. Why do all of the apocalypses occur on Tuesdays anyway? Anyway, I appreciate your help but could we please discuss how I get out of this place?”

“Sundays, Saturdays and Fridays were already taken by religious festivities and Mondays, no one likes Mondays and every good demon knows you need at least a two-day celebration after an apocalypse so Tuesday became the standard.” Angel shrugged as if everyone knew the logic behind apocalypse Tuesday.

“Wow, that so doesn’t matter anymore. Seriously Angel, how am I getting out of here?” Her face flushed with exasperation as she tried to keep Cryptic-boy on track.

“Oh, you could have left anytime. Spike had Willow hack into the institution’s database to check you out.”

Buffy stormed out of the room muttering about ‘pain in the ass broody vampires’ as she made her way back to her room where Spike sat casually leaning on the bed playing with the straps along the side.

“Didn’t know they prescribed the kinky side of life here.” He smirked at her confused expression before waving a single strap at her.

“You would think of that, wouldn’t you? God! Is everything sexual to you?” Buffy passed him and rummaged through the duffel bag he’d brought with him, thankful it seemed to contain an entire outfit so she wouldn’t have to walk out in the horrid pajama-type clothes she was currently in.
“Only when it comes to you luv. ‘M bad, rude man when it comes to you and all I can think ‘bout is ravaging that hot, tight little body ‘til you scream my name…but we can’t now. RV’s waiting outside.” He gracefully lifted himself off the bed and handed her a pair of jeans with a black t-shirt before motioning her to start dressing.

She shuddered at the image of the two of them writhing on bed in absolute pleasure but came to a shocked stand-still, “RV?” She still had nightmares about that absurd contraption they had called an RV when they were running from Glory and…that hadn’t ended well.

“Can’t fly out of L.A pet, too obvious. We’re takin’ a road trip with the entire bloody Scooby gang.” He shook his head before stalking towards her and tugging the over-sized top over her head in an effort to get her to hurry it up a bit.

As she tugged on her old jeans, he noticed two things. First was the fact that she had lost quite a bit of weight she didn’t have to lose in the first place and the second was a tattoo on her lower back that he was sure she didn’t have before Sunnydale.

“Pet, what the hell is that?”

She froze as she tried to think of what he could be talking about before it clicked it. He had never seen it before.”

“It’s a tattoo. I got it right after Sunnydale and uh…do you like it?” She tensed as he ran his fingers over the two inches of inked crossed stake and railroad spike.

“’s nice pet but we’d better get a move on before the wanker figures out you’re out.”

In moments they were exiting the building, coming to stop in front of the biggest RV Buffy had ever seen before. It looked more like a rock star’s tour bus with its long silver frame and heavily-tinted windows. Towards the back of the bus, Angel’s grinning face popped up and he waved at her from behind the protective glass as he watched her take in the sunlight.

“MOMMY!” Young William darted from his aunt’s grasp and ran as fast as his little legs would carry him towards his mother, latching his arms around her knees and grinning up at her with his crooked little smile.

Fighting back tears, she picked him up and held him to her as she silently thanked the Powers that Be for her family, who were currently waiting impatiently to start the long road trip towards the Council.

Settling down on the bus Buffy reacquainted herself with the many people she’d come to know as family when she finally noticed the driver.

“Dad?”

Hank Summers could only grin at her as he navigated the gigantic bus out of the tiny parking lot and onto the interstate heading towards the East Coast.


Chapter End Notes:
Reviews would be awesome