Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for all the wonderful support guys!
Xander and Spike were at the cash arguing like gentlemen over who was going to pay while the girls waited outside.

“So, you realize he’s awesome right Buffy?” Willow asked while Anya nodded emphatically.

Buffy tried to play it cool, “Ya, I guess,” but the other women saw right through her and began to laugh.

“Come on Buffy, you have the healthy glow of an orgasm in the recent past, you can’t just shrug your shoulders.”

Buffy glared at Anya for all of three seconds before bursting out into laughter, “Ok, he’s amazing, you got me, but that doesn’t mean I know if it’s going to work. We had this big talk where he said something about picket fences and I rambled on about cookie dough…it was very metaphory and confusing for the both of us I think and we don’t really even know each other yet”.

“Cookie dough?” Willow prodded, her interest already piqued from Spike’s comment earlier that day.

Buffy sighed, “You know…I’m not done baking – becoming whoever the hell I’m going to be and so on”.

“Bullshit,” Anya interjected, “I know you’re a lot of things Buffy but I didn’t know you were a chicken-shit too”.

“Excuse me?”

Before it could turn into a spat of epic proportions Willow spoke up, “She’s right Buffy, I mean, you’ve known since you were a kid who you were, what you wanted. You’re not baking at this point, you’re burning. Get the hell out of the oven and oh my goddess can we please stop using this cookie metaphor?”

Buffy sighed, “He told me he doesn’t know what he wants guys, I got a whole spiel about him not wanting picket fences in the near future and I panicked, hence the cookie-dough speech”.

“So make him want it,” Anya supplied as though it was really that easy.

“Make who want what?” came the sexy, British voice.

Buffy gave Willow the ‘come up with something or I’ll crush you’ glare and Willow, being Willow, spat out the first thing that came to mind.

“Make Justin Timberlake want to make another album with N’Sync…cuz’… we miss N’Sync?” she stammered out while looking at Buffy apologetically.

Buffy gaped at her while Spike just tilted his head, “Who?”
“Never mind,” Buffy interjected, looking at Willow who was mouthing ‘Sorry’, “it’s just girl talk…”

“Me and Xander are going to go have sex now, Buffy, don’t pancakes turn you on too?”

Spike chuckled and looked at Xander, “She is definitely a keeper mate”.

“No Anya, pancakes don’t do it for me, shockingly enough,” Buffy hissed through clenched teeth.

Anya just shrugged her shoulders.

“Come on now kitten, I can see the appeal,” Spike replied, much to Buffy’s shock.

“What?”

“Well yeah, they’re all fluffy and moist, just dripping with a suggestive topping…”

“Okay, am I the only one here that lives in the dimension where syrup is JUST syrup and not something sexual?”

Willow opted not to answer, which was answer enough, while the other three looked at her like she’d clearly answered her own question.

“You guys are all sick,” she answered but with a slight smile that eased the harshness of her words.

“Willow, do you have any plans for the day?” Spike asked, thankfully changing the topic.

“Ya, actually, I have to work on a paper due next week for my psychology class so it’s going to be a book hitting day for me.”

“Guess that just leaves you and me kitten,” Spike said with a happy smile that she couldn’t help but return.

“I guess it does, you have any ideas?”

“S’a nice day, care to join me for a walk and some ice cream?”

“I’m going to catch a lift home with Xan and Anya, you guys have a good day,” Willow interjected and everyone said their goodbyes.

When the car had left the parking lot Spike looked at Buffy again, “So?”

“Walking sounds good; I think I packed on fifteen pounds at breakfast.”

“Pffft, it’ll take more than a l’il helping of fruit and a bagel to pack on fifteen pounds Buffy. You eat like a bird.”

Buffy giggled, “I do not, you just haven’t seen me really hungry yet,” she explained. Spike just shook his head and smiled at her.

“So, do we walk to the park or drive?”

“Walking is in order I think, don’t want you becoming obese now would we?” he teased and she swatted him playfully, “You wouldn’t like me if I was 300 pounds?” she asked jokingly.

He stopped walking and looked at her, “I would like you if you were 400 pounds Buffy, don’t get me wrong, I love the way you look but it’s who you are that I’m attracted to”.

Buffy didn’t know what to say, so in typical Buffy fashion she responded, “Liar”.

The playful banter stopped there, his eyes turning serious. “M’not lying about that, like I said, I love the way you look but a relationship’s built on more than that yeah? It’s built around falling in love with smiles, and heartaches, and bad habits, and character, and flaws. S’not about falling in love with bodies, bodies are fickle – always changing, personalities on the other hand, well, they tell you more than tight skin and toned muscles ever could. Bodies are just a means of introduction half the time; they’re barely the sustaining factor”.

“I thought we weren’t in a relationship?”

Spike laughed, “Of course that’s the part that you would hold onto. I’m not saying we are but…”

Buffy took pity on him, “But you’re not saying we’re not?”

He smiled widely at her, “Exactly…does that make sense?”

“Not at all,” she teased and took his hand, resuming their walk, “and yet somehow yes at the same time”.

“I do like you Buffy,” he said keeping his eyes facing ahead and giving her hand a small squeeze.

“I like you too William.”

“And m’sorry I don’t have more answers for you right now,” he added softly.

Buffy smiled to herself, “How about we finish taking the test before we go looking for the answers to it?”

“So…no cheating then?” he asked with a cocky smirk on his face.

Buffy took a moment to ponder the question, wondering if it was a trick one. Did he mean no ‘cheating’ on the test or did he mean no cheating on him? Since they weren’t technically in a relationship she could, by all means, see other men but the answer was an easy one – on both counts.

“No cheating,” she answered honestly and was rewarded with a beaming smile and a light kiss to her lips.

“Good answer,” he responded softly, only pulling away enough to speak before capturing her lips in another, more passionate, kiss.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you enjoyed.
I will update again the first week of September but I'm going on a small vacation til then - I'm going to the comicon in TO where I will be seeing JM perform in concert :)
yay my life lol