Author's Chapter Notes:
i know its been a long time, and i apologize, there's no excuse, just way too much personal shit going on that's finally getting better and so i have time to write again. ill only be working on one unfinished fic at a time so the updates should come often, again, i apologize
Buffy pulled her hair up in a messy bun, all the while smiling softly at her reflection. She hadn’t been able to see Spike in over a week, their schedules stubbornly refusing to allow for some free time together.

But she’d thought about him, oh, how she had thought about him. The sound of his voice, the smooth expanse of his back, those too blue eyes that could look into her soul and devour her whole. A small shiver ran through her.

Last weekend had been nice, breakfast with her friends and then a whole metaphorical conversation about how they wouldn’t cheat on each other. She giggled as she applied some moisturizer to her face, for a guy who said he didn’t know what he wanted he sure was acting like they were in a relationship. It didn’t matter to Buffy, she couldn’t even picture seeing someone else after the way he made her body sing, she wouldn’t be cheating on her non-boyfriend anytime soon.

She locked the door behind her, making sure to grab her tote bag, Spike had been adamant that they spend the day swimming and tanning and who was she to complain? Her tan could use a little work and the thought of a completely relaxing day at the beach was exactly what she needed.

She rang the bell when she got to his house and laughed when he swung open the door as if he’d been waiting right behind it.

“’Ello gorgeous,” his voice almost a purr.

“Hey you, ready to go?”

His brow scrunched in confusion, “Go?”

“To the beach? With the sand and the sun and the people?” she supplied with a smile.

“Pffft, not going to the beach with someone as beautiful as you kitten, I’ve got a pool in the backyard, I was thinking we could just laze around here, I could rub some lotion on your back, you could put some on my…”, he finished the sentence with a leer she couldn’t help but roll her eyes at.

“So, you’re the jealous type then?”

“Depends on the situation.”

She lifted an eyebrow, “S’plainy?”

“Well sweetling, I wouldn’t be inclined to beat the shit out of someone looking at my car, but someone looking at my…my female friends goodies might not be a lucky bloke.”

“My female friends? As in girlfriends?” she teased, not expecting an answer she wasn’t shocked when he just smiled at her and pulled his top off.

“Ready for a swim?”

Two could play this game, she thought as she peeled her tank off slowly, bit by bit revealing the smooth expanse of tanned skin covered only by the tiniest red bikini top he’d ever seen, “You bet, I love getting wet Spike.”

He bit his tongue, he’d definitely made the right call on keeping this minx in his backyard today. Jealous Spike was someone he had no intention of showing her unless he absolutely had to. But horny Spike? That he had no problem with.

As soon as the water touched her skin she felt rejuvenated, and sexy she thought to herself with an inner giggle, covertly glancing Spikes erection just before he jumped in after her.
He came up from behind and held her back tightly to his chest, “I’ve missed you,” he admitted in an uncharacteristically shy voice while his not so shy hands were slowly creeping up her stomach, resting just under her barely clad breasts.

“Did you now?”

He bit down on her shoulder gently, “Uh huh.”

“Maybe I missed you a little too,” she answered, ‘accidentally pushing herself further back into his erection.


“Elizabeth?” came the most unwelcome voice she’d ever heard, a deep frown replacing the smile she’d just been wearing and shattering what she was sure would have been a wonderful moment.

Spikes head whipped toward the voice and released her, “Liam, you son of a bitch! Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? It’s been too long mate” he said excitedly and hopped out of the pool to give the man Buffy despised a welcoming hug.

Spike looked at Buffy, “Knew Buffy couldn’t have been your real name sweetness, so, how do you two know each other, he asked naively.

Angel ran a hand through his hair, “Spike, this is that girl Beth I was telling you about…”

Understanding hit Spike like a ton of bricks, right before a low growl formed in his throat and his fist slammed into his friends face.

Buffy climbed out of the pool and grabbed her towel, quickly drying off before heading inside to change.

Spike’s eyes never left Angel though his next words were directed to her, “Me and you, were gonna’ have a chat after this kitten, so don’t take off just yet.”

His only answer was the sound of the door closing behind her.

Liam stood there glaring at him, “What the fuck was that for Spike?”

“For what you did to her.”

“You didn’t even know her, fuck, I think my nose is broken, and we‘ve had this fight before” he spat out angrily.

“I think you should leave.”

Liam was livid, “You’re going to tell me to leave over a fucking girl? What the fuck’s gotten into you?”

Spike tried to stay calm, “Get out of here Liam, that first shot was a warning.”

He watched as his friend turned and walked away, the sadness of losing a friend never hitting him amidst the rage he felt towards him and the sorrow he felt for the girl inside, who, upon re-entering his house, was of course, not inside.

No note, no phone call, no nothing. She had just left.

He grabbed his car keys and headed for her house.


Buffy sat on her back porch, red-rimmed eyes betraying her current state: devastated.

Three years ago, on her 21st birthday, she’d lost her virginity to Liam “Angel” Lennon. The next morning had been one of the worst days of her life.

“You were a real pro kid”, he’d laughed at the heartbreak on her face. They’d been together 7 months, 7 months that had apparently not meant a single thing to him. She’d given him what she’d once considered the most special gift a girl could bestow to the man she loved. Of course the experience had opened her eyes to a few truths, virginity, while a very important gift, was not the most, no, honesty was. A text message had come hours later, telling her to get tested since she wasn’t the only girl he’d been with in the last several months. She heard he’d moved to L.A a few months later.

He’d told her he’d loved her, and then ripped her heart right out of her chest. It was as though he’d lost his soul overnight.

She’d been naïve then, so hopelessly romantic that she’d never seen it coming. Her mother had passed away not long after that, thankfully completely unawares of her daughters first foray into heartache. At least Joyce had been spared the pain of seeing a child so destroyed would have brought.


“S’not nice to run out on a guy like that Buffy.” Spike said quietly, letting himself into the backyard, “Ran the bell, there was no answer.”

She looked up at him with tired eyes, “Sorry”

He sat down next to her and sighed, “I wish I could tell you that I wasn’t friends with a guy like that…at any point in my life.”

“So you know? What he did?”

He nodded, “Punched him in the face then too…still, should have just cut my ties with him then and there. Can’t rightly tell you why I didn’t, didn’t know many people at the time, thought he was better than that deep down…”

She raised a hand, effectively cutting him off, “You don’t owe me any explanations Spike, it was just a shock seeing him. I’m sorry I left without saying goodbye.”

“Buffy”

“Ya?”

He looked her in the eyes, “I think I might like your fence.”

She smiled up at him, her white picket fence in the background.

“Is that a fact?”

He nodded, “Amongst several.”

“Name another then,” she teased, a smile slowly spreading across her face.

Despite his efforts, jealous Spike had reared his head.

“Alright then,”, his eyes drinking her in from head to toe, “ if you let me I’m going to take you upstairs right now to fuck you until you can’t remember anyone else but me.”