Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a light chapter for some fun
Buffy groaned loudly, the sound of her doorbell ringing slicing through the delicious dream she’d been having about Spike.

Throwing her legs over the bed angrily she stomped down the stairs and flung the door open, shocking a surprised but coffee bearing Willow.

“Good morning?”

Buffy laughed, “No, but great night, come in.”

They walked to the kitchen and plopped themselves into the chairs, each taking a large sip of coffee before starting to speak again.

“So, spill, what was so great about last night?” Willow prodded.

Buffy’s cheeks turned pink and Willow suppressed a laugh, “Oh, so it was a REALLY great night huh? Spike I take it?”

Buffy nodded, “But it’s not what you think. We just talked…”

Willow burst out laughing, thankful that she hadn’t been mid-sip at Buffy’s statement.

“Buffy Summers you harlot, you had phone sex!” she accused good-naturedly.

Buffy giggled along with her, “It’s not my fault…he’s British.” she defended causing Willow to laugh harder.

After a moment Willow calmed, “Accents should be illegal in the US.”

“I agree, they’re dangerous”

“So, you and Spike are what exactly?”

Buffy smiled softly, “I don’t really know right now. Friends but more since we’ve already slept together, but I think we’re going to work on the friends part for now, you know?”

Willow did in fact know, but teasing Buffy was just too fun, “Why haven’t you ever called me to have phone sex since we’re, you know, friends?”

Buffy swatted her playfully, “Because I’m not your type, something I forced myself to come to terms with years ago.”

The doorbell rang again, and this time it was a much less irate Buffy who opened the door.

“Spike? What are you doing here?”

He gave the in-sight Willow a bright smile, “Can’t a bloke look up a girl and show up unannounced at her door to hang out with her and her friends?”

“They could, but they’d generally be called stalkers.”

“Can I take you ladies out to breakfast?”

Willow jumped up, “YES! I’m starving.”

Spike smiled, “Red, it’s nice to see you again. How’ve you been?”

Willow took a moment to appreciate his look, he really was gorgeous in his faded blue and torn jeans and a simple white wife-beater…and accessories – the silver chain that adorned his neck made his alabaster skin seem to ‘pop’ and the three rings on his fingers suited him. A leather cuff on his right wrist finished the ensemble and a brief look at his hair showcased why – or at least one of the reasons why – he went by the name Spike. Too bad he wasn’t her type – but good for Buffy for snagging him up, even if she didn’t realize she had just yet.

“Good, great even. You?”

“Tired but good.”

“Tired huh?” he saw the wicked gleam in her eye and smirked.

“Ya, it’s amazing how much some conversations can…drain you.”

Willow laughed and he couldn’t help but join in as they both saw the mortified look on Buffy’s face.

“I’m going to go get ready…perverts.”

She slammed the door to her room and heard the laughter get louder.


Willow’s laughs slowly subsided and she motioned him to the kitchen where they waited for Buffy to get ready.

“I don’t know if I got to say thank you, for the night that you helped Buffy out with that asshole, but it meant a lot to all of us.”

“Any decent guy would have done it Red, s’not like I have the patent on saving damsels in distress.”

“You don’t need a patent on it for it to mean something.”

He smiled – not smirked at her – this time, “Well, you’re welcome, but it was my pleasure.”

“So…what are your intentions with my friend?”

He tilted his head, “Right to the point, I like that. I like Buffy, what my intentions are as of this moment I can’t rightly tell you, but they don’t involve hurting her.”

Willow nodded, “Good, she’s been through a lot.”

He looked at her quizzically but didn’t pry, “’M sorry to hear that.”

“Good answer” Willow responded, happy that he hadn’t made a million false promises to her, opting for the truth instead, she admired him for it.

“She likes you” she added and was rewarded with a beaming smile from the man who looked suspiciously like an 80’s pop-rock star.

“Well, that works out well then.”

“She hasn’t liked anyone in a long time.”

His smile grew, “Well, that works out even better then. I’m not going to hurt her Red, I’ll be honest with her. If we turn into something more then we will, if not…well, we’ll see what happens from there. She’s cookie dough, in case you didn’t know.”

He laughed at her confused expression but didn’t elaborate on what he meant.

Buffy bounded down the stairs and Spike’s eyes were glued to her. Her now punky hair was tied into a high ponytail, she wore zero makeup, and had put on the girl equivalent of his outfit. He was hungry, but not for breakfast anymore.

Snapping himself out of it he asked, “You birds wanna’ call your friends, make this l’il outing a pow-wow?”

Buffy squealed and pulled out her phone, mouthing an ‘awesome, thank you’ to him while she told Xander and Anya where to meet them and the three headed out the door.



***
Spike couldn’t help it; he choked on his food while everyone gaped at the only non-red person at the table: Anya.

7 seconds earlier:

“So Spike, did you get your nickname because of your cock?”

Present time: (16 seconds later)

Buffy was looking out the window, Willow was pretending to read the menu, Xander was gaping, Spike was choking, and Anya was smiling.

“Oh come on now, he’s a man, we know he has a penis and an interesting nickname.” She looked at Xander, “Should I have used the term penis in the first place? Was it ‘cock’ that shocked everyone?”