Author's Chapter Notes:
another chapter guys!
A/N: I know a lot of people are worried about the Spike/William not being a big part of the story but it’s coming starting now! I told you, you all just had to be patient lol.



Chapter 10: I Want To Hold Your Hand


William walked up the steps to the room he knew she’d be in. Buffy had been up there all day, and he felt they really needed to talk whatever this was out. He knocked on the door, and when she didn’t answer, William pushed the door open and walked towards the bed.

She was curled up on the bed over the covers. William grabbed a blanket from a chair and laid it across her small form. As he did Buffy slowly opened her eyes to look at him. She patted a spot on the bed form him to sit, and he did.

She noticed he was wearing a black beater. It was really hot outside today, and usually on days like this, William would play ball with the boys out front.

She was shaken out of her reverie when he spoke. “I’m sorry that I just came onto like that…I shouldn’t have done it like that.” He sighed. “I just really like you Buffy, I feel like I have for a very long time.” He frowned because he had only known her for a few months.

She believed she knew why. But telling him would make it real…and it was never suppose to be real. “I was just taken back…a little. It’s not that I didn’t want to, it’s just…you’re the first man I’ve even thought of kissing since my husband. It scared me that’s all.” She admitted. “I really don’t know how you got my letter…mix up at the post office or something, I guess.” She didn’t want to tell him that magic may have worked its will. Or maybe she worked her will. She was starting to believe that she really wanted to send that letter to someone that could make her feel like she was loved and noticed…not just someone that would understand. That shocked her. Because she felt it was true.

Buffy sat up, and caressed his cheek before placing a soft kiss on his lips. William’s eyes were still closed when she pulled away, and she smiled. When he opened them his eyes were the palest of blues. She didn’t say anything this time. She was going to embrace the feelings she felt for him, instead of pushing him away.

* * * * *

Mid Day

Dawn and Michelle were in the greenhouse with Faith, grabbing some herbs for dinner later. Dawn stumbled upon a draw that held a journal. “Aunt Faith what’s this?” she held it up for her to see.

Faith smiled. “Oh, that’s you’re mom’s journal. She used to write little incantations in there.”

Dawn opened the book, and flipped through the pages until one page caught her eye. “Amas Veritas.” She whispered. She read through her mother’s childhood pen ship.

Faith explained. “Oh…you’re mom summoned this spell when she was just a little younger than you.” She pointed at Dawn. Dawn passed her the book and Faith read it out loud. “He can feel when I’m near…he can sing my favorite song…he can walk on his hands…he’ll have eyes that change color…and his favorite creature will be a dragon.” She smiled at her young sister’s imagination.

Michelle spoke up. “Did she write that about daddy?”

Faith decided lying would be better than the true…she hated breaking the little ones heart. “Yeah…she did.”

Dawn frowned. “But daddy couldn’t walk on his hands if his life depended on it.” She giggled.

Faith closed the book. “You know the true is, this wasn’t about you’re daddy. She wanted to create a man that had qualities that couldn’t possibly exist, so wouldn’t fall in love and die of a broken heart.” Faith explained.

“Like grandma?” Michelle asked. Faith nodded.

Dawn smiled. “I can’t wait to fall in love.”

Faith looked at her and saw so much of herself in the little girl. She was dark haired like her, with a bit of a wild side, where as Michelle was blonde like Buffy and a little more responsible. “Dawn you ever put your arms out and spin and spin and spin really, really fast? You ever do that?” she asked tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.

Michelle smiled. “She does that all the time.”

Faith nodded. “Yeah? Well that’s what love is like. It makes your heart race. It turns the world upside down. But if you're not careful, if you don't keep your eyes on something still, you can lose your balance. You can't see what's happening to the people around you. You can't see that you're about to fall.” By the end of her little speech, Faith realized she had tears in her eyes.

Dawn smiled, and rested her hand on Faith’s, where it rested on the counter. “Don’t worry Aunt Faith…I won’t let you fall.”

Once they gathered what they needed, Faith promised to take them to the Group Home to pick up their mom.

When they showed up, Buffy was outside with William, Willow and Anya watching the boys play basketball. Dawn and Michelle ran up to give their mom a hug and Buffy greeted them with open arms.

“Guys, I want you to meet William he works with me here.” Buffy introduced. “Will…these are my girls dawn and Michelle.”

William greeted them and offered them a cola. When they both agreed he turned around and reached into the cooler.

“What’s that on your back?” dawn asked bluntly. Children and their curiosity, Buffy thought.

William smiled. “It’s a tattoo.”

“Can we see it?” both girls asked excitedly.

“Sure.” William pulled the back of his shirt up and turned around.

Dawn’s eyes lit up. “A dragon! That’s so cool!” She glanced at faith quickly to gauge her reaction. It was a look of utter disbelief.

Buffy was shocked, but felt comforted at the same time.

Michelle piped up.” Can you walk on your hands?”

Buffy chided her. “Michelle!”

Spike ignored Buffy’s comment on her daughter. “Yup! Backwards, forwards you name it!”

About fifteen minutes later, Michelle was sitting on William’s lap apparently the two were inseparable now, Dawn sitting in between William and her mother, While Buffy, Willow, Anya and Faith were chatting.

As William was bouncing Michelle on his lap he started singing. “Oh please, say to me you’ll let me be your man, and please, say to me, you'll let me hold your hand. Now let me hold your hand, I want to hold your hand.” he was a big Beatles fan and this was one of his favorites.

“You know that’s my mommy’s favorite song ever!” Michelle excliamed.

William smiled happily. “Yeah? It’s my favorite song too.”

Buffy was in a good mood until she checked her watch. She stood up and kiss her girls goodbye. She turned to Spike and said. “If you need me here you know where I’ll be.” She started to walk off. “If anyone cares.”

Faith turned back to the women she was talking to. “What was that about?”

Willow piped up. “Phone tree day.” She started to explain. “It’s a group where all the parents of the school get together and figure out which parent is the most responsible…”

“Popular.” Anya corrected.

“Responsible in case of an emergency or a gathering of sorts.” Willow finished.

Anya being the blunt woman she was rambled on. “But nobody ever picks Buffy because they know she’s a wi-” Willow glared at her. “Different.”

Faith nodded her head with a smile.


Chapter End Notes:
hope you like....hope this answered some questions and pleased those wanting more William!