Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm going to give you two chapters cause i might not be update for a while...i have a couple other projects i'm working on now so here you go and thank you for your reviews!
Chapter 2: The Magic Touch

It was 12:30 now. Two hours since Faith put the whammy on her sister, and she was starting to get bored. She had already danced with several guys, drank a whole bunch, and used her magic to strip one of the guys that made fun of her naked of all his clothing but his tighty-whities. All that was fun then, but now she had nothing to do.

Buffy was still upstairs doing Lord-knows-what with Hunk-a-lious, and was definitely getting a good piece of him. Faith walked off the dance floor and into the kitchen and over to the fridge.

She reached in and grabbed her fifth beer of the night. She sat down at the table and put the cold bottle to the warm skin of her neck. She closed her eyes and let the booming from the speakers in the other room fade out.

“Damn girl…sight like that’s enough make a brotha quiver.” A built form stood in the doorway leaning on the doorjamb.

Faith’s eyes shot open, at the deep voice that had just made its presents known. A slow smile grew on her face when she realized that it was one of the guys she had just finished dancing with.

“Nice to know I still have that kind of an effect on guys.” The dark skinned man gave her a confused look. “Well, I’m sure you’ve heard the rumors…I’m not exactly normal. I tend to get a bad rep, and that don’t sit too well with the fellas.” She continued. Faith looked down, disappointedly.

“Well…it’s sits very well with this fella.” The man smirked at her when she looked up at him with a shy smile, which he noted contradicted her whole attire and attitude. And he loved it. “Name’s Gunn.” He held out his hand and she slipped her smaller hand into his.

“Faith…Summers. You might know my sister…” She stated as she popped open her beer bottle on the counter. She took a long sip before passing it to Gunn.

“Yeah. She put on a little show earlier for the bunch of us with my buddy Angel. They disappeared after that.” Gunn took a sip, and placed in back on the counter.

“Yeah…”she chuckled out. “They-uh-they headed on upstairs. Finishin’ what they started I guess.” She ran a hand through her dark locks.

“You didn’t happen to have somethin’ to do with that, did you? Somethin’, oh I dunno…magical?” Gunn looked at Faith with raised brows and a knowing look.

“Ooooh, maybe.” She said, with a flirtatious smile. “Hell man, she needed it. I’m sick and tired of her always keeping to her self and pushin’ everyone away. She wants the “normal” life…but she’s never gonna get it if she doesn’t let it happen, you know? So I drove her in the right direction, and now…” Faith trailed off with a smirk.

“She’s getting driven into?” Gunn finished with a deep chuckle.

“Oh, well I was gonna say she’s meeting new people but-” Faith revised with wide, innocent eyes. She cut herself off with a giggle, and Gunn soon joined her in laughter.

* * * * *

Angel rolled off the petite blonde beneath him for the fourth time that night. He wrapped an arm around her and gently pulled her to him, so her head was resting on heaving chest.

“Mmm…I could do that forever.” Buffy moaned as her eyes closed with drowsiness.

“You’re not tired? I mean if you want we can-” Angel looked down at her with a giddy smile. This girl really got to him.

“Oh no. I’m spent. Pleasantly numb even.” Buffy opened her eyes, and all the happiness fled from her face. “You know I’m not exactly who you think I am, Angel. I’m different from other girls.” She looked up at him with sad eyes, knowing that if he knew who-what she was, he would shut her down just like the others.

“It doesn’t matter. Not to me. The only difference between you and other girls is that you’re special. All those girls go around pretending to be someone their not, being fake. That’s not you, Buffy. I know that.” Angel tucked a lock of hair behind her ear, and brushed his hand down her cheek.

Buffy sat up and wrapped the top of the red satin sheets around her naked upper body. She held it with one hand while she ran the other through her sex-mussed hair, in attempt at taming it. Her fingers got tangled and after a few seconds of trying to work through them she pulled her fingers free, and dropped in her lap in annoyance, accompanied with a slight pout. Which earned a light chuckle from Angel.

Buffy took a deep breath, becoming serious again, before she started. “Look, you-you really don’t understand. I’m-” She paused working out in her mind how she’s gonna tell him her little secret. “I’m a Summers woman.” She began nervously. “A-and, well for over 200 hundred years the women in my family have always been-kay you know what, I’m just going to tell you straight up and I’ll completely understand if you want this-whatever “this” is-to end or-or stop before it’s even begun and I’m rambling.” She finished with a nervously laugh as she ducked her head in embarrassment. “You’ll really have to stop me before I trail on that long next time.”

“Nah…I think it’s cute.” He sat up and placed a light kiss to her lips, silently telling her it was okay. “It’s okay Buffy. Whatever it is that’s makin’ you feel uneasy…I’m okay with it.” Angel smiled reassuringly.

Buffy couldn’t take how sweet and gentle this guy was being with her. It wasn’t something she was use to. She leaned forward and captured his lips in an urgent kiss.

* * * * *

Faith and Gunn had left the party a long while ago noting everyone was leaving them selves. It was nearly three in the morning now, and the couple walked down to the park not far from the house.

Faith was a little hesitant about leaving her sister behind, without even letting her know she had gone, but then Gunn assured her that she was save at Angel’s place, and they could call first thing in the morning…well, later that morning.

Faith sat down on a swing, soothingly swaying side to side. Gunn sat in the swing next to hers and looked out into the light pink and purple sky.

Faith watched him intently. He seemed different to her. Most guys that hit on her just wanted to get in her pants…they just wanted her look: tough, dangerous, and sexy. But this guy seemed to look right through her. He treated her like an actual human being not some slut that’ll give it up to anyone.

The truth was: Faith was flirt, and a big tease. But she hadn’t slept with anyone. She liked feeling in control, and she wasn’t gonna give into some guy who would just take advantage of her. She learned that from Buffy. Buffy had one bad experience in that department, and seeing the heartache she went through, Faith promised Buffy, and herself that she wouldn’t let that happen to her.

“So what’s your big secret?” Faith questioned lightly punching him in the arm.

“What?” Gunn turned back to her slightly caught off guard.

“I told you my big secret…you tell me yours. You got one?” He shook his head, dismissing the question immediately. “Oh c’mon! You gotta have at least one. I mean I’m a witch. Okay I get that you probably won’t have somethin that big, but I dunno, somethin like ‘You were prematurely bald’ or ‘you love to watch Opera.’” Faith snickered out.

Gunn’s head snapped to look at her. “Who told you bout that?” he asked voice filled with panic.

Faith’s face lit up with a bright smile. “Get out! No kiddin’?”

Gunn’s panic faded. “Not if it makes you smile like that again. Hell, I’ll tell you every embarrassin’ moment of Charles Gunn’s life to see that smile again.” Gunn smiled at how hung up this little sexy kitten got him.

“You’re first name’s Charles?”

“And the embarrassment begins.” He sighed to himself. Faith laughed, and he relished in the sound. All of a sudden a thought popped into his head. “Come on…I wanna show you somethin’.” He stood up and pulled her up with him.

Holding hands, they walked deeper into the park.

* * * * *

“I’m a witch.” Buffy blurted out finally.

After Buffy kissed him, one thing led to another, and well…here they were a few hours later. Buffy collapsed on top of Angel, resting her forehead on his shoulder.

“I knew you worked some kind of magic.” He joked.

Buffy sat up exposing her whole top half to him. For some reason it was comfortable, and not at all awkward.

Angel gazed at her, loving how beautiful she looked astride his waist; with her golden-blonde hair falling over her shoulders in loose waves.

“Angel, I’m serious. I’m a witch. But a good one, don’t worry. I-I mean I barely even practice the craft anymore, just the basics but nothing dark, cause that’s territory that I do not want to step into, it’s completely unpredictable and I thought you said you would stop my rambling next time?” Buffy finished giving him a pleading look.

Angel leaned back on his elbows, and smiled at the gorgeous woman looking down at him. “Buffy…it doesn’t matter.”

“Well, it does to me. Rambling is a nervous habit that must be stopped.” She claimed with a determined look and a short nod of her head.

“No, not that. About you being a witch. Look, my parents have told me some stories about the Summers women, and okay yeah I admit, it was a little bit of a shock to find out but, it’s not a big deal. I’ve got some family secrets myself.” Angel stated trying to comfort her.

“Oh yeah, like what?” Buffy crossed her arms over her chest, much to Angel’s disappointment.

“Well, there was this-this one time, when my grandfather got in trouble with the IRS and-” Angel responded weakly, in a quiet voice.

Buffy cut him off with a frustrated groan. “This is so completely different from that, and you know it.” She said as she got off him and the bed, taking the sheet with her, leaving Angel with just the comforter. “IRS: normalfamily secret. Spells, witches, and magic: Not-so normal.”

“Look Buffy I understand that-”

“Shh!” She hushed him, putting up a hand to silence him.

“Why do you keep cutting me off?” he asked in a childish voice.

“Listen!” the two stayed quite for a few seconds. “Do you hear that?”

“Hear what?”

“Exactly.” Angel got up and pulled his jeans on, not bothering to pull on a shirt. “No music, no talking. Why is it so quiet?” Buffy wrapped the sheet tighter around her, holding a bunch at the top, to keep it from falling.

Angel opened the door, and peered outside, and around the corners of his bedroom door. No one there. He walked farther out and walked down the hall towards the stairs, Buffy following him. He looked upon an empty living room, littered with beer bottles, pop cans, and empty snack bowls.

“Everyone’s gone…when did this happen?” Buffy asked, more to herself.

“Sometime between the first time, and the…other times.” He looked around the empty house with a smile. “You don’t think you chased them all off with your screams, did you?” turning to her with a smirk firmly planted on his face.

“Excuse me?! My screams?! What about you’re moaning and groaning? I swear you even growled a couple of times. You were all ‘Grrr, Argh’. So don’t you start in on me, mister.” The petite blonde mock scolded him, poking a finger into his bare chest.

“What can I say? You make me act like an animal.” Angel picked Buffy up and threw her over his shoulder in the fireman carry, earning a squeak from her. He playfully smacked her ass, and carried her back into the bedroom.


Chapter End Notes:
i know the Angel/Buffy stuff sucks but it builds the plot and it leads to Spike so tough it out it won't last much longer. most of the mushy stuff is over