Author's Chapter Notes:
PLEASE READ Okay thank you again so much for your reviews, i'm really liking the response. I also want to let you know, that Faith didn't put a spell on Buffy to have sex with Angel...she just planted the seed of attraction, gave them a little push. It was Buffy's idea to take him upstairs. okay now that, that's all cleared up thank you for reading and here is chapter 4!
Chapter 4: Leave Me Hanging


Faith sat on the back porch of the Summer’s house and looked up at the clear, ring less moon. She found it so comforting to know that danger was far from coming. It was a few weeks already since Buffy left the house, and summer was beginning to become torture. Her big sister was too busy moving in and building a new life to come back to her old one for a visit.

With a sigh Faith leaned her elbows on her knees, and clasped her hands between her legs.

She looked up when she felt a shadow fall over her and noticed Gunn standing in front of her. She stood up as a bright smile took over her face, and gave him a hug. He’d been her anchor since Buffy left, and she felt herself falling harder and faster for each and every day.

“Hey baby…I missed you.” He said swallowing her frame up in an embrace.

“I missed you too.” Faith gave him a soft kiss on the lips, and smiled up at him, loving how special she felt in his arms. “You wanna go up onto the balcony…get a drink or something?” Faith asked, folding her hand in with his.

“Yeah.” Gunn let his girlfriend drag him through the main floor then up the spiral staircase, through her room, and out the double doors that led to the large balcony.

“I’ll be right back.” Faith went downstairs, and poured them both a cup of hot cocoa, then made her way back up the stairs. She went outside and placed the cups on the wooden table. She then grabbed a 3-wick pillar candle, and placed it in the middle of the table. Blowing softly, all three wicks ignited at the same time, casting the area surrounding them in an orange glow.

“That was tight.” Gunn said with a bright smile. “You never really do magic around me.”

“Well, a lot of people find it creepy so…I pretty much just keep it to myself.” Faith stated stirring her cocoa with her spoon.

“I don’t…I think it’s cool. So feel free to do it around me.” Gonna said with a smirk.

Faith let go of her spoon and watched for her boyfriend’s reaction when it kept stirring by itself.

“Amazing.” was all he said, staring at the spoon then at her. The two continued to talk about things like Buffy leaving and more childhood stories, as they finished their cocoa. When a pause in the conversation occurred, Gunn lowered his head then continued. “Baby…we need to talk.” The sound of Gunn’s voice was pure misery.

Faith closed her eyes, and then looked up at the sky to try and push away the tears she knew were coming. She could tell by his voice that it wasn’t going to be a good talk. She sighed out in defeat and nodded her head, her voice not strong enough to make itself heard.

Gunn grabbed her hand in his and stroked the back of hers with his thumb. “I love you. Eight months ago that was somethin I never pictured myself sayin’ to someone. You’re amazing…you do things that drive me wild.” Gunn said with a sly smirk, causing Faith to blush, and duck her head. “And I know I’ll never meet anyone else like you.” The sadness in his tone caused her head to shoot up and look at him with a frown.

“Charles what’s going on? You’re actin’ like this is the end of the world.” Faith’s heart was starting to beat harder and faster by the second.

“I’m leaving.” Gunn declared quietly, in a tone that was inaudible.

“What?” Faith asked hoping that she had heard wrong.

“I’m leaving town, Faith. Indefinitely. ” He repeated louder this time. Faith’s breathing picked up and her brows furrowed, as she tried not to cry. She tried to focus on something that wasn’t moving to keep her world from spinning. Focusing on the ceramic cup, it shattered to a hundred little pieces in front of them. Her pain was so deep that she couldn’t control her magic.

Gunn shot up from his chair on instinct from the loud shatter. “Holy shit-”

“I’m sorry…” Faith buried her face in her hands as she cried. “I didn’t mean to-it just…I’m sorry.” she finally got out, at a loss for words at the moment. Gunn sat back down slowly, hoping that she wasn’t gonna make him explode or anything. Faith looked up at him, trying to keep the tears at bay. “Where are you going?”

“New York.”

“But that’s like on the other side of the country.” Faith exclaimed, feeling the tears build up again.

“My dad got offered a job down there, and his company made him a deal: He goes down to the New York offices and they’ll give him full benefits and pay for my scholarship down at NYU. My dad took it without even letting me know. Really didn’t have a choice.” Gunn held out a hand to Faith, beckoning her over to him.

She walked over to him and sat in his lap, burying her head into the crook of his neck as she cried. Gunn smoothed his hand over her dark locks, whispering words of comfort in her ear.

An idea popped into Gunn’s head as he held her. “Come with me.”

Faith lifted her head up to look at him with wide eyes.

* * * * *

Six and a half years later:

Buffy sat at her desk writing a letter to Faith in New York. She had decided to go with Gunn, and was going to go to stay at the loft with him that his father’s company set up for Charles. About a year after the two had split up, but they were still on good terms.

Now she was living in her own apartment in Manhattan.


Dear Faith,

Today is our fifth anniversary, and all I have to show for it is two beautiful little girls and a husband I just can’t stop kissing. I don’t even mind the beard. But I wish you could see us. No more stones being thrown, no more taunts cried out. Everything is just so blissfully normal. The girls are great…Dawn’s six now, and Michelle’s four. They can’t wait to meet you. I love you and I hope to see you soon.

Love, Buffy


Buffy couldn’t believe how happy she was with the way her life turned out. She had a faithful loving husband who had a great job at a law firm in the city, and two beautiful, well-behaved girls.

The years went by quick, six years passing without seeing her younger sister. They’d write back at fourth to each other, but it seemed that Faith was jumping from state to state trying to find the place that she could fit in.

Buffy opened the letter that her sister had sent in the mail from Florida. She could almost smell her on the paper. She got herself cuddled in bed next to her husband who was already sleeping and turned on the dim lamp next to her side of the bed.


Dear Buffy,

I’m lying in the sun. I’m hanging by the pool. I’ve got a million friends. You might say that life is perfect. But I don’t care about any of it. In fact, I only have two words to say to you: Gabriel Pavlenco. He’s like this…Dark God. Buff you wouldn’t believe the places he’s taken me. It’s like he knows exactly what I want and how I want it…you have to meet him. Tell the kids I said hi, Angel too.

Love you, Faith

She smiled and shook her head. This was the eleventh boyfriend she had heard about from Faith. She hoped this one was a keeper like she said. Buffy turned off the lamp and cuddled up to Angel, who out of instinct pulled her into him. She fell asleep with a smile on her face.


Chapter End Notes:
hope you like i'll update soon please review! don't ask me where i pulled out Gabriel's last name...lol i wanted an orginal character in there...i was going to use Lindsey but he didn't seem dark enough....and we all know Faith would kick his ass haha