Author's Chapter Notes:
sorry for the late update....here you go and thank you for the reviews! And for all those waiting for Spike....he's coming...but how? lol yay i'm excited to know what you think...ENJOY!
Buffy burst through the doors of her Aunts’ house three nights later. “It was the curse wasn’t it? He died because I loved him so much!” tears streamed down her cheeks, as she called out into the house.

Her Aunt’s appeared from the garden and into the spell room. Both had looks of sympathy on their face. “We had no idea, when she cast the spell.” Joyce admitted.

Buffy frowned in confusion. “What spell, what are you talking about?” she closed her eyes in realization. “Oh no, Faith…she didn’t.” she whimpered.

Jenny stepped forward. “It was just a little push…you wanted so much to be happy. She never thought that you’d fall in love with him.”

Buffy placed her hand to her heart. “Well I did.” She stormed around to grab the large bound Spell book from it’s alter. “And I want him back. I never asked you for spells, I never asked you for anything, but do this! You can bring him back.” She slammed it on the table and started flipping through the pages.

“You can’t do that.” Jenny claimed

“We don’t do that!” Joyce pushed harder.

Buffy didn’t give up. “No! You can do this I-I remember, I saw it in here when-when mommy and daddy died.”

Joyce stepped forward and closed the book for her. “Even if we did bring him back, it wouldn’t be Angel. It’d be something else. Something dark and unnatural.”

“I don’t care what he comes back as, as long as he comes back!” Buffy dropped to her knees in front of them. “Please do this for me, please! Please! Please?”

When there was no response, Buffy picked herself off the ground, and left without a word.

* * * * *

Buffy walked up her old front driveway with luggage in hand and her two daughters in front of her.

She stopped them before they could step up onto the porch. “This is only temporary, so don’t get too comfortable. There will be no chocolate cake for breakfast; homework will be done before dinner…” Buffy stopped and looked up at the two aunts that appeared at the door. “And as for you two…my children will never do magic. Ever.

Buffy and her two girls continued on into the house without a word. She situated her daughters in their rooms and when she was done, finally collapsed on her old bed. It felt weird being home after so long. It felt weird to be without a husband. But she knew this was coming, she was warmed of it. But yet it still hurt her more than any pain she had ever felt in her life.

Buffy remembered back to the day she promised herself that she would never fall in love…So much for that. she thought. She lifted her right hand up so she could look at her palm, and she traced the white scar that trailed from the bottom of her ring finger to the pad of her palm. “Faithy…”

* * * * *

Faith was somewhere Colorado doing the same thing. She had just woken up after a particularly sweaty session with Gabe and he was snoring softly beside her. “Buffy…” She got off the bed and pulled the sheet around her, Gabe didn’t seem to notice.

On her way to the bathroom she grabbed her purse and the bottle of vodka. She didn’t feel him until he grabbed her hand and pulled her body flush to his. “Where are you going?” he asked in his deep timbre accent.

Faith tried to laugh it off. “I’m just going to the bathroom…come on.” she claimed trying to get out of his grasp.

He let her go reluctantly, and she walked in a shut the door behind her. Faith sat on the toilet and pulled the little vile with purple crystals out of her purse and sprinkled a little in the vodka, and giving it a good shake. She flushed the toilet so he wouldn’t get suspicious and walked out.

Gabriel grabbed the bottle from her and took a long pull from it straight. Now all she had to do was wait.

* * * * *

It was a long drive she knew…but she had to see her sister. She got letters from her all the time but recently she neglected to get any. She knew not everything was right with her older sister, and it was time she came home.

For some reason she felt a pull towards their old home with the Aunt’s and instead of going to the house Buffy had moved into with her husband she went to the old house on the shore. The brunette climbed the stairs quietly to her sister’s room and heard muted sobs. She crawled into Buffy’s bed with her and held her as she cried.

Buffy knew she was coming had felt her when she reached the closest town. “I was really, really happy.” she poured her heart out to her sister, clutching at her jacket as if it were a lifeline.

After some time, Buffy collected herself together enough to catch up with her younger sister. “Anyway we were starting to run a group home for teens and runaways. We just put all the beds in, there’s one there for us too…Sleep Number, it was hard to get him to sleep at home.” she laughed for the first time since Angel died.

Faith was lying on the floor facing the bed Buffy was sitting on. She took a slow drag off her cigarette. “Look I’m sorry about the way shit turned out…if I’d have known-” Buffy cut her off.

“Don’t.” she smiled. “I was happy…I don’t blame you for anything. Because of Angel I have two beautiful little girls. I'm just feeling a little lonely and I really need someone right now, and with the Group Home I could really use some help. So don't blame yourself okay, Faithy. I knew this was coming...just not this soon.” Buffy sighed and decided to change the subject. Buffy was getting good at switching her emotions on and off. It didn’t mean that she didn’t feel the pain; it was just so others wouldn’t see it. “So, what about you? Gabriel Pavlenco? What kind of name is that?” she asked, laughing again.

“It’s Romanian. But I’m tellin’ you…if it wasn’t for Jen’s Belladonna, I’d never get any sleep.” she chuckled, with a sparkle in her eye.

Buffy frowned. “What the hell are you taking that stuff for?”

Faith smiled big. “I’m not taking it…I’m just slipping it to him every once in a while. The guy is like a machine! I need him to sleep sometime.” Faith sighed and got serious. “He’s strong Buff…so much stronger than me. He can survive the curse.” Faith put her smoke out and got on the bed with her sister.

“I can’t stay long. He’ll be up again in an hour…I gotta make it look like I got breakfast or something. He might flip.” Faith said it so causally it scared Buffy to think what her sister could be into.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this guy? He sounds like bad news.” Buffy was worried, something wasn’t right.

Faith smiled. “It’s five by five, B. I can handle myself.”

Buffy looked at Faith’s wrist. “I’m more worried how he handles you.” she gave her a look that said ‘don’t lie to me’.

The brunette kissed her sister on the forehead. “It’s sweet that you’re so concerned, Buffy. But like I said the man is a machine…sometimes things get a little rough in the sack…you should see his back.” she laughed it off before hugging her sister. “Cheer up, B…I have a feeling things are gonna change. I know life seems shitty now but every morning you have to get up…wash your face, brush your god damn teeth because your breath stinks…” Buffy cracked up, her shoulders shaking with laughter. “And take care of those little girls…because they need you now more than ever.”

Faith waited until Buffy fell asleep before she left…and hoped that Gabe wasn’t up when she got there.


Chapter End Notes:
hope you like! please review!