36 hours prior…

She had lived a decent enough life, or so she thought. Sure there had been times that she hadn’t been the model citizen but everyone has their own faults. That certainly didn’t make her a bad person, did it? But as Margaret Adamson lay bound to her own bed as her would-be executioner took pleasure in her every gasp, moan and scream, she found herself thinking that there must have been something in her life that had provoked this turn of events, something had turned the Powers-that-be against her, otherwise she wouldn’t be screeching in agony as this thing held her life in it’s hands.

She gurgled and let out a low whimper as the man yanked at the noose around her neck, tightening and finally releasing it once he had her attention again, leaving her gasping for air. As the tightening of her vocal cords returned to normal, the look of sheer terror on her face was replaced with that of serenity as she calmly accepted her fate. Tears rolled from her soulful eyes and down her cheeks as she came to the realization that he was not going to end their little games in time, not this time. It was over between them and she had finally served her purpose. There was no reason to keep her around anymore. The dark look in his normally vibrant eyes told her that he’d had enough of her company and her time was up. Funny, she had always known it would come to this eventually but a part of her had hoped to find the man behind the demon, the man she loved behind the demon before it killed her. He would do just as he said in the beginning of their affair and find a new playmate: a new lover. Such a contradicting term to what they were.

Lovers, it was such an odd term to describe their relationship, if it could even be called a relationship that is. What they had could hardly be considered making love, even fucking seemed too mellow for the animalistic mauling he seemed to enjoy, though she had never complained about the torn flesh or the way he savagely attacked her neck. The time of making love and romance had been over for quite some time, since her beloved Lawrence had died. There was no reason to look for love when she could be consumed by his fire.

She yelped as she felt a sharp burning sensation across her upper thigh. As expected when she opened her eyes again, she saw the demonic features of her murderer and torturer staring back at her. His yellow eyes glowed in the soft candlelight as he chuckled at her obvious agony.

“Sorry pet but I wanted you awake for this. Little girls should know better than to let bad men into their homes, especially when they need an invite to get in.” He snarled and tipped his hand, letting the bleach fall at will along her lower torso. With a sadistically gleeful expression, he watched as she screamed in agony, her body writhing against his own. He pulled again at the noose wrapped around her slender, elegant neck with the slack resting alongside him on the silken sheets of ivory, the tight coils seemingly even rougher against the smooth fabric.

“You will never be her but you already know that, don’t you little bitch? And yet you still came to me, still let come to you and I have this burning desire to know why before I end your pathetic little life. I would almost say it’s a shame to waste such a beautiful little cunt such as yourself but maybe it was a death wish you’ve been after all this time. Tell me Margaret, do you have a death wish or it life you’re hoping for now?” He leered at her as she fought between the pain and the urge to give into unconsciousness and just slip away. The rich silky tone to his baritone deceiving voice did nothing to help her stay conscious.

“It’s true, I wanted to die, to join my Lawrence in the here-after but I don’t want to die by your hands. I came to you so I could feel again, to feel less dead than before but I can see now that all you were doing was preparing for this moment all along. You can’t kill her so you want to punish others. She didn’t love you and neither will they. Before I go, I just want to say this…you didn’t kill me, I did this to myself. Granted this wasn’t how I saw myself going out but I forgive you. I forgive you…William.” With those last words, Margaret Adamson took her last breath and allowed herself to succomb to the pain and passed out, blissfully unaware of the invasion he was taking on her mutilated body. The hate-filled violation inflicted even as his fangs ripped into the soft flesh of her neck, draining her of her life source.

36 hours later…

“Which hotel are we staying at?” Eddie glanced over at the petite blonde sitting in the passenger’s seat and smiled to himself, such a lucky he was to have such a beauty beside him.

“The Hyperion…” Buffy mumbled her answer and waited for the explosion that was sure to happen.

“Hyperi…as in the Hyperion owned by none other than your ex, the Hyperion?” He drummed his fingers along the black leather of the car’s steering wheel as he fought to not yell.

“Uh…yeah.” She shrunk back into her seat and rolled her eyes at his next statement.

“So we’re seeing not only your maybe murderer ex but also your good vampire ex as well? Anything else you’d like to inform me of?”

“Nothing else but Faith might be there. Last I heard she and Spike were fucking each other’s brains out…well, the last time I was there I caught the show so chances are she’s still there and she’ll probably try to sleep with you.”

“Great! Two homicidal maniacs and a whore. What could be better?” He grinned over at her and laid his right hand over her thigh. “We’ll get through this and be back to Sunnydale in no time at all.”