Angel stood before Buffy and Eddie, watching them as Spike stomped his way towards the back of the building and out of hearing range. “Do you want to sit?” He motioned towards the lounge, encouraging them to sit down preferably out of hitting range from him.

Buffy blinked and finally scowled at her former love, “I don’t want to sit. What I really want is to know where Faith is, Angel.”

Angel shuffled, “I think you should sit, maybe have some tea or coffee. Do you want coffee? I can make coffee if you want some or run down to the store in…a couple of hours when it’s dark enough. Or I could order in coffee. Which shop do you prefer…?” His eyes shifted nervously away from the obvious couple. He watched in understanding as Eddie wrapped his arm around the blonde’s waist in an effort to calm her down. While he wanted nothing more than to rip the cop’s head off, he understood that in a way, this was what she needed. He’d left Sunnydale for her to have the chance at a normal life and Eddie Taylor was about as normal as she was going to get.

“Angel, I don’t want to sit nor do I want coffee. What I do want is to beat the crap out of Faith. You denied me that last time and I want to hit something real bad. So it’s either you or Faith. Take your pick.” She grit her teeth in anticipation of striking the brunette. She was prepared for payback as her fists clenched by her sides.

A thud from the top of the stairs pulled the trio’s attention off each other. “Heard you got something to say to me, B. Let’s get this over with now.” Faith stood at the top of the stairs looking worn and haggard. Her normally bright brunette hair lay in strands against an all too pale face and her normally voluptuous figure was clearly too thin.

Buffy watched as the younger slayer inched her way down the stairs painfully. Her smirk dropped at the sight of a bloodied rag under the girl’s loose t-shirt. “What happened to you, Faith?”

The brunette came to a stop in front of the blonde. She said nothing; instead she turned her head and looked off in the distance, her expression blank and drawn. “Just do it. Get it over with, B. I know you want to. You deserve it after all I’ve done to you. Do me a favor? Do it quick.”

“What the hell happened to you?” Buffy took a step back and sighed. “I’m not going to hit you, Faith. Not when you’re like this. For the last time, what happened to you?”

Faith waited a moment and turned towards the blonde girl before opening her mouth to respond. She was cut off by the bleached blonde vamp. “’S none of your goddamn business Slayer. Jus’ leave and live your perfect life back in Sunnyhell. God knows you deserve it.” He draped an arm over the dark slayer’s shoulders, gently steering her out of the room, pausing only when the blonde struck out.

“That’s right, Spikey, take your little girlfriend and toddle off!” She didn’t know what caused the outburst but seeing her ex- lover and the dark slayer walk off was suddenly too much to bear as he chose the other slayer over her…again.

Eddie noted the visible anger coming from the blonde girl and gripped Buffy’s waist tighter before leaning down and whispering in her ear, “Don’t. We still need him, sweetheart. Just leave it alone until later. Please baby. I promise you can stake him if he is the killer, well, I don’t care much if you stake him anyway but please wait until we can question him.”

She leaned back ever so slightly into the cop’s embrace but it was enough for the blonde vamp to notice.

“Not that it’s any of your damn business but we aren’t together…never were.” Spike shook his head in disgust watching the agape girl.

Buffy’s eyebrows rose accusingly as she spat out, “Don’t even try to deny it! I saw you fucking each other! Right upstairs! In our room!” She broke from Eddie’s hold as she lunged towards the mismatched couple.

Spike dodged her raised fist as he carefully pushed Faith aside and out of danger. “You saw what you bloody well wanted to see, luv. She’d been attacked, you bloody bint, and I was soddin’ trying to help her!”

“Right because Faith is always the innocent party. She’s a murderer for Pete’s sakes! She took an innocent life! So she got a little beat up by a demon. It wasn’t the first time!” Buffy roared, arms waving manically.

Spike dropped his head, “I’ve killed innocents before, pet, and you saw fit to save me. I couldn’t leave her like that, Buffy, and you know it. Couldn’t let that bastard get away with what I tried to do to you.” His voice trailed off and he couldn’t bring himself to look into her deep green eyes.

She stared at him for several moments before Eddie spoke up. “What the hell did he do?” The dark-haired man pointed at the downward staring vampire.

Buffy couldn’t say anything as she glanced between the pair just a few feet across from her. After a few moments she finally spoke. “I’m sorry Faith and…Spike, I’m so sorry for not talking to…”

“That’s enough, Slayer. You don’t need to say anything. We had our time and it was good but it’s clear that we weren’t made to last. We were just too damn fucked up.”

Buffy snorted, “I loved you and that wasn’t enough. I told you I loved you and you spat it in my face. I thought you were going to die and I wanted you to know how I felt before you did. I held out for months after you died and come to find out, you came back! I found out from Andrew and I ran back here as fast as I could. We had a great few months before I found you in bed with Faith and now I find out you weren’t sleeping with her. How the hell do you expect me to react? Should I be angry? Should I play the wounded victim? Should I break your nose again for not running after me? What the hell should I do Spike?”

Spike glanced towards his grandsire nervously, “Just don’t, luv. Move on with your life and leave me be. I’m better off here. I can help here and you don’t need me.”

“What the hell is with you, you stupid vampire?”

“I’m doing my bloody penitence! You don’t get it, do you? Faith was bloody well raped and tortured and all you can think about is that Buffy didn’t get her way! Just go fuck your boy toy, pet.”

“Oh my God!”

“You tried to rape her?” Eddie lunged at the black clad vamp.