Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot.
Buffy looked around her freshly painted first floor, Oz and his guys had done a fantastic job. Tonight they would do the upstairs and that would be that…except for the massive amount of unpacking and arranging furniture she had to do tomorrow. At least she had tonight to relax with Spike and with a start she realized she wasn’t nervous at all even though…well, to be blunt, even though no friendship between a woman and a man was ever 100% platonic, in her opinion at least.

She threw on some fresh clothes and headed out to surprise Willow with some coffee, the poor girl had to work Saturday mornings or suffer the wrath of an orgasm-less Anya because, apparently – though no one had asked for this bit of information – Xander was frisky Saturday mornings, something about the cartoons. Buffy smiled despite the shudder factor.

The bell jingled above the door to the Magic Box signaling her apparently much needed arrival.

“Buffy…coffee…thank goddess.”

Buffy laughed and handed her friend the steaming cup while taking a seat at the empty stores only table.

After a few sips Willow smiled and sat down across from her. “Thank you so much for the coffee, and for coming to see me, I’m so bored.”

Buffy smiled, “You’re welcome, I felt like taking a walk anyway and I thought I’d stop in, see how you’re doing.”

“I’m good, just tired. I had a super late night doing inventory.”

Buffy winced, “Ouch.”

“So what did you do last night?”

“I slept at Spike’s.”

Willow’s jaw dropped, “What?”

“Oh my god, no, nothing like that. He’s still sleeping at the shop and Oz and the guys were painting my apartment so I took his offer to crash at his place…his very empty place,” she added for emphasis.

Willow laughed, “Sorry Buffy, I shouldn’t have assumed, not that I would be against you and Spike though”.

“What do you mean?”
“I mean you seem happy when you’re around him, that’s all. And considering the fact that you’ve barely even called in the last four months, let alone dropped by to bring me surprise coffee – which somehow tastes better than ‘I know its coming coffee’ by the way – I just think you being around him is good.”

Buffy smiled and nodded, “It is good, I mean so far at least, I don’t really know him well, but I’d like to”.

“You think it might go somewhere?”

“I don’t know Wills, I can’t really tell right now, it’s too soon on too many levels, but I like him. He seems like a really decent person.”

“He is. He’s always doing little things for me and Anya like coffee runs if the shop’s too busy, or moving boxes if they’re too heavy for us. It’s a big help to have a guy around sometimes.”

“Xander doesn’t help?”

Willow rolled her eyes, “I think it’s best for everyone, everyone meaning me, if he stays away from here…I don’t think my brain can handle another round of ‘block out that sound coming from the basement’ again,” she finished with a smile that looked suspiciously like a wince.

“I’m seeing Spike tonight, we’re going to dinner and a movie,” Buffy said quietly, fiddling with the almost empty cup in her hand.

Willow’s eyes widened, “Really? That’s great”.

Buffy smiled, “I had said no originally”.

“What changed your mind?”

“It’s going to sound crazy Wills,” Buffy began with a sigh.

“You’re talking to a girl who works in a magic shop and belongs to a Wicca group, try me,” the redhead encouraged.

Buffy searched her friends eyes before answering, “Angel told me to”.

Willow smiled, “That’s not crazy Buffy, and I’m a firm believer that love can transcend even death. How did he tell you?”

“It rained as soon as I said no.”

“You and Angel loved to walk in the rain”, Willow said with a soft nostalgic smile, “I miss him too, and I do think that was a sign”.

Buffy’s eyes misted, “There was this breeze before the rain fell and for a moment I felt okay…and I’m sorry I haven’t been around, I know you miss him, he loved you”.

“That’s what moving on with your life – and I don’t mean forgetting – is Buffy, a series of moments where you feel okay until those moments overshadow the ones where you don’t.”

“It hurts so much though Willow.”

“I suspect it will for a long time…especially once you feel like it would be ‘okay’ to move on.”

Buffy looked up, “Spike said the same thing”.

Willow nodded, “I guess he would, having gone through a loss similar to yours”.

“He told you about it?”

“Ya…I can’t imagine going through what you two have gone through.”

“I hope you never have to,” Buffy replied honestly. “Onto happier things though, what does a girl wear on a platonic date?”

“I would go for casual, jeans and a nice top, OH, and keep your hair up! Buffy hair down is way too sexy.”

Buffy snorted and swatted her friends arm, “You’re crazy Willow”.

“Just a little, but I’m also right. Your hair could make a vampire change his ways just to be able to touch it”.

“Wow, you’ve been reading way too many romance novels Willow, and from the sounds of it, one’s meant for pre-teens.”

It was Willow’s turn to snort, “You know me way too well”.

Buffy stood up and Willow walked her to the door, “Call me tomorrow, let me know how the night went?”

“Of course I will, I hope your day gets less boring sweetie”, Buffy said, giving her friend a tight hug before walking out the door.

Willow had just pulled out the hidden romance novel from her bag when the door jingled, signaling a new arrival.

“Spike? What are you doing here?”

“You have to help me Red, what the fuck does a guy wear on a date that says ‘I’m not trying to sleep with you!’?”

Willow burst out laughing, “Well, you definitely have to wear your hair up”.

Spike tilted his head and stared at her, “You’re a strange bird Red; you know that?”



Que Sera Sera
Whatever will be, will be
The future’s not ours to see
Que Sera Sera


Chapter End Notes:
Well guys, there's about two, maybe three more chapters left. I hope you guys are enjoying this :)