Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, so this is the last chapter in the series but I WILL work on the sequel once my exams are over and i've settled into third year next month.
I have been asking for your views whether the next part will have Angel bashing, Giles bashing, both or none. The end of this chapter kinda leaves it open, so I;ll let you decide what will happen next.
Buffy and Spike were sat in the doctor’s office waiting to be called through to the treatment room so that the doctor could confirm Buffy’s pregnancy.

“Nervous, luv?” Spike asked as he noticed Buffy pick up the same magazine she had just threw down. “Everything will be fine.”

“You don’t know that,” Buffy snapped. “How do you know that these babies aren’t going to turn out to be mini vampires that never grow up like that one played by Kirsten Dunst in Interview with a Vampire?”

“Relax, luv,” Spike assured Buffy in a hushed voice as he placed his hand on her stomach. “Remember, I’ve heard their heartbeats…”

“How do I know that you heard them?” Buffy snapped back in return. “I don’t have the same advanced hearing you do, so for all I know you’re just saying that to keep me calm?”

Before Spike could say anything in return to Buffy’s comment since the nurse called on them to head through to the doctor’s office and wait for her there as she will be a minute.

“Just calm down, luv,” Spike soothed as he took Buffy’s hand in his and led her in the direction the nurse had indicated. “You’ll get to see them and hear their heartbeats soon. There’s no doubt that you’re pregnant and that they are both human. There’s nothing to worry about.”

Buffy just nodded her head in agreement and grabbed a tight hold on Spike’s hand. Her eyes suddenly shot up to Spike’s when the nurse said the doctor would be in a moment.

“The doctor’s going to want some of your details when she comes in,” Buffy suddenly realized. “What are we going to tell her?”

“We’ll tell her the truth,” Spike said with a smirk. “That my name is William Bradford, although I prefer Spike, that I had two twin sisters, but they both died in childhood in a traffic accident, as did my father. As for my mother, her health deteriorated after the demise of my father and sisters.”

“Is that what really happened with your family, baby?” Buffy asked in a soft, caring voice. “And I’m going to be Buffy Bradford?”

“Yeah, that’s my family history, and yep, you’ll be Buffy Bradford,” Spike said with a sigh. “But that is the past and this is the future.” Spike placed his hand on Buffy’s stomach.

“Yeah, this is the future,” Buffy agreed and she placed her hand on top of Spike’s.

“Good evening, Buffy,” Dr Harrow greeted as she came into the office. “What brings you here tonight?”

“Hi, Dr Harrow,” Buffy greeted with a smile. “This is my fiancé, William, and I think I may be pregnant.”

“Congratulations, my dear,” Dr Harrow said as she shook Spike’s hand. “I do remember your mother talking about William, but the last thing I knew you were with a young man named Riley.”

“He was cheating on me,” Buffy explained. “Because he thought I was cheating on him William, but I wasn’t. You see, William and I have been good friends since he first came to town in my junior year in school.”

“Ah, so, this has been a long time coming then?” Dr Harrow asked and the couple nodded. “Just asking in case the engagement and pregnancy was the result of a one night stand.”

“Oh no,” Buffy rushed in to reassure Dr Harrow. “Spike and I love each other very much and Dawn looks up to him like a big brother so we know it’s not a mistake. We’re very ready for this.”

“Alright, Buffy,” Dr Harrow nodded. “How about you jump up on the exam table and we can press on with the examination and see if you indeed are pregnant.”

Buffy did as she was told and Spike stood at her head as the examination progressed. When Dr Harrow took some blood to be tested, Buffy grabbed onto Spike’s hand and refused to let go, not because she didn’t trust her vampire, but because she had always hated when Dr Harrow had to give her shots, so really, she was just following tradition.

“Right, Buffy,” Doctor Harrow said as she set up the sonogram machine. “When I was doing the abdominal scan, I felt something, so I thought I’d carry out a sonogram before the pelvic exam.”

Buffy nodded and watched as Dr Harrow set up the sonogram machine, although she had to suppress a smile when her acute Slayer hearing picked up Spike asking why she needs to do a bloody pelvic exam after she had done the scan anyway.

“Well, if you’re unsure about Dr Harrow performing the exam,” Buffy said with a slight smirk, but only loud enough for Spike to hear. “I’m sure Dr Garrett won’t mind performing the exam. I’ll just ask Dr Harrow to go and get him once she’s finished. I’m sure he’ll be able to check if everything ‘down there’ is fine and there’s no abnormalities.”

“Him?!” Spike exclaimed in a quiet voice. “Dr Harrow will do. If you’re fine with her doing it, so am I.”

“Well, mommy and daddy,” Dr Harrow said to Buffy and Spike. “It looks like you’re not only pregnant, you’re having twins. Look at them on the screen.”

Spike forgot all about the fact that Dr Harrow wanted to do a pelvic exam after the sonogram when he saw the two fuzzy figures on the small screen. “That’s our babies, luv,” he whispered as he pressed a tender, loving kiss to Buffy’s temple. “It feels so real now.”

“I know,” Buffy choked out through tears. “Is there any way we could find out the sex today, Dr Harrow?”

“Unfortunately, not today,” Dr Harrow said as she examined the screen in more detail. “You’re only about fourteen weeks along and it will be about twenty weeks before we can tell, but I’ll keep note in your file that you want to find out the sex in case I’m unable to take your next appointment. Normally, at this point in the appointment I would recommend an OBGYN but seeing as I am your OBGYN there is no need to do that part. Everything looks ok with the babies, so I will print out the scan pictures for you to look at while I carry out a pelvic to check everything is in order down there.”

Buffy and Spike just nodded and took the pictures Dr Harrow handed them and Buffy hardly realized the exam was happening. Buffy suddenly got a shock when Dr Harrow told her that the exam was over and that she could take a seat back at the table so they could discuss how the pregnancy would progress.

“So, have you been having any of the ‘normal’ pregnancy symptoms, Buffy,” Dr Harrow asked.

“Yeah,” Buffy confirmed, feeling embarrassed. “I throw up every morning, constantly tired through the day and I’m having weird cravings.”

“Weird?” Spike asked. “Pet, some of them are bloody disgusting. Pickled eggs and vanilla ice cream with strawberry and chocolate sauce. Meat feast pizza with chocolate sauce.”

“Well, many women get weirder cravings than that, William,” Dr Harrow explained. “Just like with the morning sickness, it’s a sign. The morning sickness is the body’s way of trying to right the hormone imbalance in the body and the cravings are the body’s way of telling you if you are low on some nutrients.”

“Alright, that I understand,” Spike accepted. “So, what about the tiredness?”

“Many normal pregnancies cause the mother to be tired due to the baby using up the mother’s essential nutrients, so that is why prenatal vitamins are prescribed,” Dr Harrow explained. “And because you are petite, Buffy, and carrying twins, there is more competition since there are more babies to support and not much nutrients. On top of the vitamins I’m going to prescribe, I want you to rest more.”

“I will, Dr Harrow,” Buffy promised. I’ve got a new job away from the Doublemeat where I can actually sit down on the job. It’s just basic inventory work.”

“An’ I’ll be there to make sure she doesn’t overdo things at home,” Spike assured Dr Harrow.”

“Right, well, I’ll see you again in three weeks at seven-thirty,” Dr Harrow said as she penciled in the next appointment in her diary. “And you can have this prescription filled at the local pharmacy. Take care.”

Buffy and Spike both bid Dr Harrow farewell and left the office to head for the pharmacy. There was no way Buffy was going to go another day without the vitamins in her system.

They both made there way back home to 1630 Revello Drive in companionable silence, although their silence spoke volumes that they knew were being said without words.

Just as Buffy and Spike got out of the car, a yellow taxi pulled up at the same time as a black convertible Mustang, which both Buffy and Spike knew very well.

“Giles?” Buffy asked as her former Watcher and current father figure stepped out of the cab and paid his fare. “What are you doing here? Oh, and thank you for getting me the money from the council, it’s going to help out a lot now.” Then Buffy turned to her other guest. “What are you doing here, Angel? I thought we’d agreed to keep out of each other’s towns?”

Angel didn’t answer Buffy’s question. Instead, he just vamped out and flew at Spike and started to attack him. Buffy and Giles struggled to pull the two vampires apart, but Buffy had to hand it to Spike. He wasn’t attacking Angel in offense; he was in pure defense mode.

“Angel?!” Buffy exclaimed. “What the hell was that for?”


Chapter End Notes:
As I said in my A/N I want your input for the next part in the series. I need help to decide who will be the bad guy in it; Giles, Angel, neither or both.
Don't worry if there's no update for the sequel anytime soon as I still have my other fic Something True to work on. I feel as though I've abandoned it while working on this one.
So, please please please review, pizza and chocolate sauce for everyone.