Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks go once again to cordykitten and PhotographyNut for their reviews. Milk and cookies for both of you.
For the second time that night, Spike was nervous. He knew Buffy loved him as she had told him in front of her friends, but he wasn’t sure what she would say to this next present. Following Buffy into her, no their, room Spike removed the second, smaller box from his pocket and sat down on the bed beside Buffy.

“Luv, like I said earlier,” Spike began, his nervousness showing in his voice. “After I was turned I kept some of my mum’s jewelry as they were family heirlooms. Got plenty back at the crypt that you can have, but the necklace, earrings and what’s in this box is what I wanted to give to you tonight.”

“Spike,” Buffy began. “The necklace and earrings were perfect, but you didn’t have to get me anything more than you just being here with me.”

“I know you said that, luv,” Spike said pressing a small kiss to Buffy’s lips. “But, you are my girl and I want the world to know that.” Spike then got down on one knee on the floor and opened the box. “I know we’ve done all this before, but this time there’s no spell except the one you’ve got me under. Buffy Anne Summers, whenever I look at you I feel as though my heart is beating again, I feel as though I’m not a soulless demon and that I’m the man you deserve. So, will you do me the honor and make me the happiest man in the world by agreeing to become my wife?”

Buffy was speechless. She couldn’t believe that Spike wanted to marry her. “Of course I will, Spike,” Buffy gushed. “Of course I’ll marry you Spike; I think I’ve wanted to marry you ever since Willow ended her spell. But as usual I was scared what everyone would think.”

Spike put the ring on Buffy’s finger and looked at how looked on there. “Was my mum’s wedding ring,” he whispered to Buffy as they moved up the bed to lean against the headboard. “Looks way better than the ring I gave you under the spell.”

Buffy smiled and leaned up to give Spike a kiss on the lips. “I’ve still got that one, it’s in my nightstand drawer,” Buffy whispered. “I’ve also got some other things in there.”

“Other things like what?” Spike asked.

“I’ve been doing research on the line of Aurealias and the papers are in there,” Buffy said as she pulled Spike’s hands over her stomach. “While researching, I found out that male vampires in the line of Aurealias can impregnate some women, but only if the woman is a relation to a Slayer or potential, is a Slayer or a potential Slayer.”

“What are you saying, luv?” Spike asked unsure whether to be excited or not. “Are you telling me that you’re pregnant?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said as she interlocked her fingers with Spike’s over her stomach. “We’re gonna have a baby. But, there is something else I wanted to talk to you about. While I was researching, I read about this demon trial thingy in Africa. If you win it, the demon will grant you one wish.”

“Sounds good,” Spike said. “But, I’ve got everything I ever wanted here. I’m gonna have you as my wife, I’m gonna be like a Da’ to Dawn and I’m gonna be a Da for this little one. I don’t need to go through any trials for what I want.”

“But what about going on in the sunlight?” Buffy asked. “Angel destroyed the Gem of Amara.”

“That’s the beauty of mating,” Spike said. “If I mate with you, our lives become linked. You get all the perks of vampire sight and hearing and I get to go out in the sunlight. Plus, the only way to kill either of us is to behead us and after the death of one, the other will just fade away, until they die. That way we will always be together. But I will make sure that we both live long enough to see this one and any others grow up.”

“But what about ageing?” Buffy wondered. “As the years go on, won’t I appear to get older?”

“Nope,” Spike smiled. “Like I said, all the vampire perks. You won’t get old. As for me, the only blood I will need to sustain myself is the small draughts I take from you whenever we renew the bond. Why do you think I suggested it for you in the brief period we were engaged with Willow’s spell? I’d be preserving your beauty and we’d live forever.”

“That sounds great,” Buffy said over a yawn. “But can we maybe talk more about it in the morning? I’m really tired.”

“Okay, baby,” Spike agreed kissing Buffy on the lips. “We’ll talk about it in the morning; you just get some rest and keep your strength up. Love you, kitten. You and the baby."

“Love you, too, William,” Buffy said. “Will you sing to me? Your voice is so sweet and it helped me sleep in the past.”

“When was this?” Spike questioned placing a hand over Buffy’s stomach in a protective manner. “Can’t remember ever singing to you other than the demon an’ that wasn’t a nice song.”

“I know,” Buffy smiled interlocking her fingers with Spike’s. “But I memorized your voice and I imagine you singing me to sleep at night when I can’t sleep. So, will you sing to me?”

“Okay, kitten,” Spike agreed and began to hum a soft tune to a song.

“In, I'm falling in
I didn't want to
Not so fast, boy
Slow,
Don't wanna hurt the girl
Give her a pretty box
You better feel it
And I get blinded when she opens the door
It's like looking into the sun, you know
And I just blink an' mumble an' stare down at my shoes
And she just looks at me
And smiles
Smiles
Smiles

Oh, there we go again
And it feels so good
We're fallin' up and down
And down, it's 2 AM again
And she kisses me goodbye
For the sixteenth time
And I'm driving home, it's 5 AM
And I look at the sun come up over the hills
And the clouds are turning pink and green
And all I can see is her eyes
Eyes
Eyes

I get blinded when she opens the door
It's like looking into the sun, you know
And I just blink an' mumble an' stare down at my shoes
And she just looks at me
And smiles
Smiles
Smiles”


Chapter End Notes:
The song that Spike sang to Buffy is 'Smiles' by the fantastic Ghost of the Robot.
More reviews, please? Pretty please? Pretty please with a cherry on top? :)