Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is, the fourth chapter. I've got five written up as it's the big reveal scene to the scoobies of what was revealed last chappie, but from there is where I'm stuck so if anyone has any ideas where to go from there, please drop a review.
A few hours later, Buffy woke with a start. Her hand suddenly shot to her mouth and she struggled to wriggle out of Spike’s arms. The wriggling brought Spike’s attention to the fact that Buffy was awake and he was stopping her from going where she wanted. Having woken up to this situation before, Spike didn’t hesitate to allow her from his arms. It was easier than having to deal with a bloody nose.

Buffy ran the minute she felt Spike’s arms loosen from around her waist, barely reaching the bathroom on time. She was getting used to the morning ritual by now, but normally it came much later than six in the morning. After she was sure her stomach was empty, Buffy stood and grabbed her toothbrush to scrub the taste of vomit from her mouth.

Spike was still sitting on the bed in Buffy’s, no their, room (that was going to take some getting used to) confused about what had just happened. Normally it was his bed that Buffy struggled to get out of, not hers. They had never spent the night in her bed before for fear her friends would find them in the morning. But then he could hear the sound of vomiting came from the bathroom and the events from the previous night came back to him and he smiled. Buffy was going to be his wife. He was moving in with her and the bit. Buffy was pregnant with his, HIS baby. That was when he jumped out of bed and pulled on his jeans on the way to the bathroom to see if his girl needed anything.

Buffy was in the process of rinsing out her mouth when Spike crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist once more and pressed a soft kiss to her neck, just below her ear. “I’m sorry I wouldn’t let you free,” he whispered to her. “Was thinkin’ last night was jus’ a dream an’ we were back at my crypt and you were tryin’ to leave.”

Buffy felt ashamed at that. She had never realized how much it hurt Spike emotionally when she treated him like the monster that he wasn’t. “I’m sorry about that, baby,” she said with a touch of sadness. “I never should have treated you like that. I was angry at myself, but took it out on you.”

“Why were you…?” Spike began to ask, only to have Buffy throw herself at the toilet bowl once again. Spike automatically followed and held Buffy’s hair back as she threw up the remained of the junk food that had been consumed the previous night. “You got any dry biscuits downstairs, pet?” Spike asked after wiping his girl’s mouth of the remainder of the vomit.

“Um, there should be some crackers down in the cupboard,” Buffy said, slightly breathless. “Why?”

“Because, pet, I know that’s what’s good for morning sickness,” Spike explained as he scooped Buffy up into his arms and carried her back to their room. “Plus, root beer is good, too, an’ I know the bit’s got some in the fridge.”

“Spike?” Buffy asked as Spike turned to leave. “How do you know all this stuff?”

“I do watch ‘Passions’,” Spike replied with a smirk. “Plus, me an’ your mum used to have chats and one of the topics that came up was her pregnancies an’ how she cured ‘er morning sickness.”

“Thanks,” Buffy smiled in reply. “But, when you come back up, you are going to tell me why you and my mom had a talk about her pregnancies.”

Spike just nodded and headed downstairs, humming some punk song on his way.

Buffy then smiled at the ring she noticed was still adorning her left ring finger. It truly was beautiful and she couldn’t imagine what Spike saw in her to believe she deserved such a beautiful gift. That was when something suddenly hit her. “Hey, baby,” Buffy greeted as she rubbed her still flat stomach. “I’ve never thought of this before, but I wonder what your daddy’s last name is?” Buffy smiled at that. “Hey, another thing I just realized is that I’ve never talked to you before, I wonder what you’re going to be like, are you a little girl? Are you a boy?”

“I don’t really care,” Spike said, interrupting Buffy’s thoughts. “As long as they’re healthy. But I do know that if it’s a little girl, she’s going to look just like her mum.”

“Nuh-uh,” Buffy said with a smile. “She’s going to look just like her daddy. She’s going to have his bright blue eyes, his striking cheekbones and his full bottom lip. And there is no way she will have my nose.”

“There is nothing wrong with your nose, pet,” Spike contradicted as he held out the plate with crackers and glass of root beer. “She will have your cute adorable nose, she’ll have your pout that’ll have me do anything for you. She’ll have your blonde hair that will look good in those stupid pigtails I’ve seen you wear.”

“So, are we agreed that we’re going to have a girl?” Buffy asked through a mouthful of crackers.

“Daddy’s little princess,” Spike said with a silly smile. “Do you want me to rub your back?”

“Yeah. A back rub sounds great,” Buffy said with a sigh. “While you’re doing that, you can tell me about that talk with my mom.”

Spike got in place behind Buffy and started to rub her shoulders. “It was one time when the bit had come to Joyce asking about what it was like to be pregnant as one of her chums’ big sis was pregnant and they wanted to know what to expect,” Spike explained as he moved his hands to between her shoulder blades. “I just happened to be there for my weekly gossip and hot chocolate.”

“And why did you have those?” Buffy asked as she moaned in pleasure at the relief Spike’s hands were giving her.

“To find out how you were doing,” Spike said as he pressed a soft kiss to Buffy’s neck once more. “Your mum always said that if ‘normal’ wasn’t enough for you, she would have preferred it to be me you settled down with rather than Angel. Plus, I helped her with some of the work for the gallery.”

“My mom knew how I felt about you, too,” Buffy said, though not wanting to talk. “We had a talk right before her surgery and we agreed that if anything happened to her, you should move in with Dawn and me. Sorry it’s took so long.”

“It’s ok, kitten,” Spike reassured Buffy as he pulled her onto his lap and putting his hands on her stomach protectively. “Now this brings us back to the whole reason why you were angry with yourself. There was no reason. You died to save the world, to save your sister. It was your friends’ stupidity that brought you back. You shouldn’t be angry with yourself, if anything, you should be angry with them. But I would think hard about that especially after now.” Spike rubbed Buffy’s stomach to emphasize what he was meaning.

“Okay,” Buffy reassured him. “I don’t see any reason to be mad with anyone now. Hey maybe I could ask Anya about a job in The Magic Box, the smell of Doublemeat burgers was starting to make me heave when I was at work and that’s so not of the good.”

“That sounds like an idea,” Spike said as he started to lie down with Buffy in his arms. “But as you can probably guess, I have quite a bit of cash from my family and don’t forget about that money you’ve got coming from Giles and the council.”

“Yeah,” Buffy yawned as she snuggled into Spike. “But for the moment, can we just go back to bed for a few hours?” Spike nodded and the couple dozed back to sleep, safe in the knowledge that the other would be there for them when they woke.


Chapter End Notes:
I've got a crucial exam resit next week, so I'm hoping I get time to re-read it before I post it during the week. By the way, my work is un-beta'd so if anyone wants to beta it for me, drop me a line as I can get sloppy with my work sometimes.