Author's Chapter Notes:
Yay, I got it posted. RL didn't get in the way of my fanfic, but I can't say the same for next week. I haven't even started chapter 6.
Four hours later, Buffy and Spike woke to the sound of voices from downstairs. Spike smiled when he realized that Dawn was one of them.

“Think tha’s the bit home,” Spike said, his voice rough with sleep. “You want to go down and make sure there’s no chance of dusty Spike for breakfast?”

Buffy groaned not wanting to get up, content to just stay in bed with Spike all day. “I want to stay in bed with you,” Buffy said snuggling into Spike more. “It’s warm here and safe and…”

“Enough with tha’, luv,” Spike said with a chaste kiss to her lips. “We just need to go down and tell your mates about everything and then you can come back up here and sleep some more.”

“Will you come back up with me?” Buffy asked.

“Alright, we can snuggle on the sofa watchin’ telly all day,” Spike conceded. “After all, someone needs to watch the bit.”

“Plus, it shows that we will just be one big happy family,” Buffy said with a smile.

Just then, Dawn called up from the bottom of the stairs. “I know you two are awake, I can hear you both talking. So get down here, the curtains are closed.”

“I guess that’s our cue,” Buffy said pressing a kiss to Spike’s lips. “We best get dressed though.”

“Yeah, don’t want to shock the kiddies,” Spike laughed picking up his jeans. “Do you want my t-shirt?”

“Nope,” Buffy said with a smile. “I stole one of yours one day at the crypt.”

“Cheeky minx,” Spike smiled. “Let’s get downstairs before I try to ravage your delectable arse, kitten.”

With that said, Spike jumped over the bed and began to chase Buffy out of the room and downstairs. Buffy squealed with joy all the way along the route to her friends and sister.

S***B

Xander, Willow, Tara and Anya were all sitting on the various seats within the living room trying to stifle their laughter at Dawn’s greeting to her older sister, well Anya wasn’t. As usual, she just blurted the first thing that came to her mind.

“What if they weren’t just talking?” Anya asked. “The other half of Spike’s present for Buffy could have been many orgasms and he was only saying it wasn’t for the sake of Dawn being in the room.”

“Ahn, how many times do I have to tell you?” Xander asked. “Not everyone’s thoughts are sex centered…”

Dawn could sense the conversation was about to enter the realm of the uncomfortable for her, so she headed to the kitchen to prepare some drinks for everyone. Including blood for Spike. She was still there when Buffy and Spike came downstairs and Buffy came to get her.

“Hey sweetie,” Buffy greeted as she gave Dawn a hug. “You okay?”

“Yeah, Anya was talking about sex again and I got uncomfortable,” Dawn smiled, but frowned as she saw her sister’s tiredness. “We didn’t wake you, did we?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said through a yawn. “But we were going to go back upstairs after we told you all what was happening between me and Spike.”

“Come on then,” Dawn said lifting the tray of cups. “I made drinks for everyone, including Spike’s blood.”

The two sisters walked into the living room with Buffy leaning on Dawn slightly. When Spike saw this, he got up and lifted Buffy into his arms and carried her over to the armchair that he had been sitting in. The gang also noticed how worn out Buffy was and Anya’s smile spread from ear to ear.

“Told you it was sex,” she muttered to Xander forgetting Spike’s acute hearing.

“An’ I told you last night it wasn’t,” Spike said as he felt Buffy snuggle closer to him. “So can we hurry this up so my girl can get some more sleep?” Spike looked around at everyone and they all nodded then Spike looked down to Buffy. “Want to tell them or should I so you can answer any questions they’ve got afterwards?”

“You can tell them,” Buffy smiled sleepily. “That way I can get more sleep.”

“Okay, kitten,” Spike said quietly as he pressed a soft kiss to Buffy’s temple and rubbed her stomach, luckily no one noticed it yet. “Well, my other present for Buffy last night was my mum’s engagement ring,” Spike informed the gang and was met with surprised gasps.

“I’m guessing she said yes,” Dawn said with a face splitting grin.

“Yes, she said yes,” Buffy said although she kept her eyes closed. “I may have my eyes closed, but I’m still awake. But yes, Spike and I are gonna get married.”

“Just have to wait a while,” Spike said.

“Why do you have to wait a while?” Willow asked having heard all Buffy’s teenaged thoughts about what she would want if she could have married Angel.

“If I remember correctly,” Spike began. “Buffy wants a daytime wedding in the park and to have that we will have to mate. But I won’t mate with her at the moment.”

“Why not?” Buffy asked in confusion. Then something clicked. “Is it because of…?” She then placed her hand over Spike’s which was still resting on her stomach and Spike smiled with a slight nod.

That was when everyone’s gaze dropped to the linked hands resting on Buffy’s stomach and then everything made sense. Spike’s reluctance to claim Buffy at the present time, the tender, loving looks being passed between the two, Buffy’s tiredness and the protective clasp of their hands on her stomach.

“Amazing,” Anya gasped. “I’ve only heard about this happening, never bore witness to it before. A Line of Aurealias vampire fathering a child with a human.”

But as always, Xander was the slowest of them all. “Buffy’s pregnant? With Deadboy Jnr’s kid?” he asked. “How is that possible? Vamps can’t be dads.”

“Xander Harris,” Anya scolded. “Haven’t you heard what I’ve just been saying? Line of Aurealias vampires can father children. I’ve even heard of some females in the line being impregnated by humans but having to stake themselves in the process of labor to save the child. The child, having a human father, fortunately goes through life like any child whose mother died in childbirth.”

“How the hell do you know all this, Ahn?” Xander asked turning to face his future bride. “Wait a minute, Buffy, you’re marrying Captain Peroxide, you want to be tied to him forever through this mating and you’re carrying his child? Where’s that ‘normal’ life you tried for with Riley and Parker?”

Before Buffy or Spike could say anything in response to Xander’s comments, Dawn jumped in with an excited squeal and threw her arms around the couple. “Oh my God, I can’t believe I’m going to be an aunty,” she said calming down. “Congratulations. By the way, I know you want to sleep some more later, so is it okay I go over to Janice’s? I told her we would hang out and if she comes over here, I don’t think you’d get much sleep.”

“Okay, bit,” Spike said after checking with Buffy. “But eight o’clock curfew so we can look over your homework. Your grades have been falling recently, plus I want the three of us to have dinner together.”

“Okay,” Dawn agreed without any fuss. If anything, she would be home before then as what she needed was the stability of a family and with Spike moving in, it looked like that would be what she was getting. “I’ve got my cell if any oogily boogily jumps out on us when we’re out.” With that said, Dawn ran to the door and left, closing it quietly.

Willow and Tara were the next to express their congratulations but soon excused themselves as they had a Wiccan group meeting to attend later that afternoon.

“If you want,” Willow began. “I could call Giles for you and ask him to come back to Sunnydale. Or even call Wesley in LA, but ask him not to tell Angel.”

“Call Rupes,” Spike said trying to hold back his snarl at Angel’s name. “Don’t want that Wanker in LA knowing anything while Buffy’s pregnant, ‘cause he’ll come here an’ try an’ talk her out of things.”

“Okay,” Willow said and she and Tara left leaving only Xander and Anya with Buffy and Spike.

“Xander,” Buffy began. “I don’t care what you think, but you are so close minded when it comes to Spike. Yeah he’s a vampire, but he’s chipped and can’t kill any more. But, no offence to you Anya, Spike’s situation is just like Anya’s. She was a vengeance demon and she spent over a century avenging scorned women. The only reason she stopped was she lost her power, so don’t go judging my choice of life partner as I have never judged yours. Not even your antics in high school have been criticized. Sophomore after the field trip, the whole ‘love spell’ that resulted in me being turned into a rat and my mom trying to seduce you, Faith. Need I say more. Oh yeah, the whole aiding and abetting that zombie raise other zombies. So don’t go telling me how to be a saint when you haven’t led a saintly life yourself.”

“I know, Buff,” Xander said in a sad voice. “I wasn’t going to say anything about that. I’m sorry I went off like that earlier, I was just trying to get my head around actually walking in on you two that day and looking at you naked, although I didn’t actually know. So, I guess congratulations are in order.”

“Thanks, Buffy said as she accepted the hug from Xander and Spike shook his hand. “Although I would like for you and Spike to get along relatively well.”

“I don’t know about that, pet,” Spike said. “Maybe my mate Clem would be more of Xander’s type. He does like comic books and I remember fallin’ over them when I stayed with him.”

“Okay,” Buffy smiled as she kissed Spike’s lips. “Um, Anya, any chance of another job at The Magic Box? The smell of the Doublemeat Palace was starting to make me heave and I don’t think that would be of the good in a fast food restaurant.”

“Sure,” Anya replied with a smile. “But not handling the money or the customers. You can stock the shelves and write down what we need to order. Oh, and you can do some light cleaning, especially if you throw up.”

“Thanks, Anya,” Buffy smiled. “I really appreciate you doing this for me. And really, it was the nerdy trio who caused all that time stuff.

“I know, but soon you won’t be able to reach the cash register and when you get to that stage, you can just sort through the stock at the table,” Anya explained, ever resourceful. “But the growth of your belly means I’m going to have to change the bridesmaid dresses. I read that peach is an all around color that looks good on pregnant ladies.”

“Thank you, Anya,” Buffy smiled once more. “But as I said earlier, I’m really tired and I just want to go back to bed. Can we get together tomorrow to talk more about work?”

“Okay,” Anya said with a smile. “Besides, all this talk about my money is making me want to go and check on it. Let’s go Xander.”

Xander stood and followed Anya. “Bye, see you two tomorrow,” he said with a smile and the two left.

Spike looked down at his precious package and smiled as she snuggled into his shoulder. “Looks like we can go back up to bed with Dawn being out,” he said as Buffy nodded slightly. He stood up and carried Buffy back up to their room and tucked her into his arms under the covers. “Sweet dreams, kitten, love you.”

“Love you, too,” Buffy muttered in her sleep laden voice. “Love you, too.”


Chapter End Notes:
Any ideas for what I can put in chapter 6? It would be a great help. Also, shameless fanfic plug for my new fic; Something True. I started it before this one, but I had writers block and didn't want to post it incase I couldn't finish it.