Author's Chapter Notes:
At last my WB broke (for this chapter at least).
Although he was usually asleep at this time of the day, Spike found himself wide awake, not wanting to miss a single expression on Buffy’s face in her sleep. Also, he wanted this time to introduce himself to the baby growing in his love’s stomach.

“’Ello, little bit,” he spoke to Buffy’s stomach. “I’m your da’. It might not seem like tha’ when you’re born, but I am and I will be able to do the stuff most da’s do with their kids while they’re growing up. Except, I’ll need to get some treatment for my slight sun allergy.”

Just then, Buffy stirred slightly and Spike sat up, but placed his hand on her stomach as he had in the past to settle her when she would cry in her sleep. Buffy did settle at that, but also placed her hand on her stomach along with Spike’s and unconsciously entwined her fingers with his. This action, in itself, caused a slight smile to flourish on Spike’s face, so he lay back down with Buffy and followed her into slumber.

S***B

MEANWHILE AT XANDER’S…

“Why don’t you go take a bath, Ahn,” Xander suggested as he massaged his girlfriend’s shoulders. “That way you can be relaxed for our date tonight.”

“That sounds great,” Anya smiled. “Maybe you can join me? We could have some bath time orgasms; that would really relax me.”

“I’ll think about it,” Xander said as he left to draw Anya’s bath. “I’ve just got some stuff to do for Willow.”

“Okay,” Anya said as she skipped off to get ready for her bath.

S***B

Once Xander was sure Anya had settled into her bath and wouldn’t hear what he was saying, he settled down at the desk and dialed the contact number the gang had been given for Giles.

The phone rang for a while, but eventually an irate English man answered.

“Who the bloody hell is this calling at this time in the night?” Giles asked gruffly, rather than his usual polite greeting. “This better be good. Or an emergency. Or an apocalypse.”

“Sorry, G-man,” Xander apologized. “I know it’s late in England, but I just thought you should know what the rest of the gang have learned in the past 24 hours.”

“Xander, how wonderful,” Giles muttered. “What, pray tell, did you deem important enough to wake me in the middle of the night? And, please, don’t call me ‘G-man’ it sounds so infantile.”

“Sorry,” Xander muttered. “Well, Buffy and Spike have hooked up.” Xander began. “Apparently ever since that whole ‘Sweet’ incident. Now she claims to love him and they’re gonna get married next year. Seeing as Willow’s moved out, Spike’s also moved in with Buffy and Dawn and they intend to mate next year.”

“Why next year?” Giles asked more alert since hearing Xander’s news. “If they claim to be in love, why are they holding off on the claiming? Not that I’m complaining.”

“That’s the whole shock in the story,” Xander said. “Buffy has somehow fallen pregnant to Spike. She says it’s this whole Line of Aurealias thing.”

“Ah, yes,” Giles muttered as he held the phone between his ear and shoulder as he cleaned his glasses. “I have read something about that somewhere. Xander, can you keep this to yourself, this phone call? I will try and get a seat on the first flight from London in the morning and I will call you with the details when I get them.”

“No problem, Giles,” Xander said. “I can hear Anya calling on me, so I’ll talk to you later, safe flight. Bye.”

“Bye,” Giles said on his side of the line and hung up, going immediately to start packing for his flight back to Sunnydale.

S***B

BACK AT BUFFY'S

Buffy woke a few hours later to find herself alone in the bed, but found a glass of ginger ale and a plate of crackers on her nightstand with a note.

Hey, luv. Sorry to leave you alone when you wake up, but I had to nip back to my crypt to get some stuff and let Clem know it was vacant if he wants it. Be back soon. Love you and the bit.
P.S. Let’s think about names when I get back.

Buffy couldn’t help but smile as she drank her ginger ale and ate her crackers. It was just like Spike to leave a note like that, he was impossible when it came to her and the baby it seemed.

Just then, Buffy acknowledged that there were voices coming from downstairs. Dawn’s and Janice’s. It sounded like they were discussing something that had Janice intrigued as the pitch of her voice kept rising, making it become extremely annoying.

“Keep it down,” Buffy heard Dawn say. “Buffy was really tired earlier and Spike told me to let her sleep.”

“But you’re going to be an auntie,” Janice whined in reply. “That’s got to be exciting?”

“Yeah,” Dawn said. “But I don’t like it when normal Buffy and Spike are cranky and mad at me. Never mind hormonal Buffy and scary overprotective Spike being cranky and mad at me.”

“Alright,” sighed Janice, obviously reluctant to accept defeat. “So, what film do you want to watch? Beaches?” Dawn shook her head. “Crossroads?” Again a no from Dawn. “What type then?”

Dawn made her way over to the DVD collection. “Um, what about ‘Win A Date With Tad Hamilton?”

“That sounds great,” Janice smiled and just as she was about to put the DVD in the player, Buffy made her presence known.

“How about ’10 Things I Hate About You’?” she asked the surprised girls. “I know that your English Lit text is Shakespeare’s ‘The Taming of the Shrew’ and that’s what the film is based on.” The girls weren’t too keen on doing something to do with school on the weekend so Buffy added some argument. “It’s got Heath Ledger and might help you understand it more as it’s in a modern setting. I know it helped me.”

The girls looked at one another and Dawn changed the film to the one Buffy suggested while Buffy walked to the kitchen. She had the sudden desire to eat some of Dawn’s pickled eggs with vanilla ice cream with chocolate and strawberry sauce.


Chapter End Notes:
What do you think of Buffy's craving? It was the most disgusting thing I could come up with without resorting to coal. Review and let me know.
Also, if you have any ideas let me know and I will take note and try to use them.
(TAKE NOTE OF THE SHAKESPEARE REFERENCE AS OL' BILL WILL MAKE ANOTHER APPEARANCE. EITHER IN THIS ONE OR A SEQUEL AS I'M THINKING I WILL MAKE THIS A SERIES.)