Author's Chapter Notes:
At last, I've finished this chapter.
As many of you have noticed, I've had a bit of a problem with the italics in the last chapter, I still don't know how to fix it, so if anyone can help me, let me know in a review.
Buffy had been dozing lightly on the couch for the past few hours as Dawn and Janice made their way through the collection of DVDs. Dawn had made a face when Buffy came into the living room munching on her snack. She claimed that it was way squickier than anything she had ever came up with. Then she suddenly noticed what exactly was included in the snack.

“You better not have eaten all my pickled eggs,” Dawn said to Buffy. “If you have you’re buying me a new jar.”

“Okay,” Buffy replied, then she had an idea as Janice left to use the toilet. “At least the baby isn’t making me crave blood and wheetabix like her daddy likes.”

“Her?” Dawn asked. “Does Spike know you think it’s a girl?”

“Yeah,” Buffy replied with a pleasant smile on her face as she settled down in her favorite armchair. “He says she’ll be ‘Daddy’s little princess’ and once we get into a schedule with her, we’ll try for a little brother for her.”

“Any ideas of names, yet?” Dawn asked.

“No,” Buffy yawned as she put down her bowl. “We’re going to talk about it when Spike brings his stuff over later.”

“Spike doesn’t live here anymore?” Janice asked as she re-entered the room. “I had fun last summer when he was looking after Dawn while you were away visiting your dad to let him know about your mom.”

“We didn’t tell anyone we had got together when I came back,” Buffy explained. “But we told everyone last night about us, and about the baby this morning. So, now he’s moving in with us. That reminds me, Dawn, do you want my room?”

“Sure, Dawn said with a wide smile. “But why? What’s wrong with it that you and Spike are moving out?”

“Mom’s room has a connecting door with yours,” Buffy explained. “It’ll be easier for me and Spike to tend to the baby and you won’t be woken up by her.”

“Thanks,” Dawn smiled. “But what about when you plan to have another? I don’t want to be out of a room and I don’t want to sleep in the basement.”

“Can we talk about this later?” Buffy asked through a yawn. “I’m kinda tired. Get Spike to wake me when he comes in and both of you behave.”

That conversation was a few hours ago and Buffy was being lifted slightly to lean against a cold hard surface that felt like home, so she snuggled into it.

“Hey there, kitten,” Spike greeted as he got comfortable. “We’ll need to get you to the doc’s office to see about those prenatal vitamins. Baby seems to be wiping you out lately.”

“Hey, baby,” Buffy greeted giving Spike a soft kiss on the lips. “I made one for tomorrow night. That’s why I said I wouldn’t be able to patrol tomorrow. Wanna come with?”

“Sure,” Spike smiled. “I can’t wait to see little Lizzy,”

“Lizzy?” Buffy questioned with a raised eyebrow. “Who said we were calling our daughter Lizzy?”

“Elizabeth is your given name, pet,” Spike began. “An’ it was my grandmother’s name and my mum’s middle name. So I was hopin’ we could name her Elizabeth. Why, what did you want to call her?”

“I was thinking of Katherine,” Buffy explained as she snuggled deeper into Spike. “It was my mum’s middle name.”

“How about we keep these names in mind,” Spike smiled as he rubbed Buffy’s stomach softly. “After all, we don’t know how many baby girls you are carrying. Might be twins.”

“Don’t scare me any more than I already am, Spike,” Buffy said. “It’s scary enough being a pregnant Slayer, without thinking that I could be leaving two young children without a mother.”

“What are you talkin’ ‘bout, luv?” Spike questioned, saddened by Buffy’s line of conversation.

“Well, as the Slayer, I’ve a short lifespan, or I’m supposed to,” Buffy explained to the love of her life. “And at 21, I’m already living on borrowed time…”

Spike interrupted the now hysterical Slayer. “There, there, pet,” he soothed. “You are not going to die. I’ve told you that. From now on, I’ll patrol, you are not to do anything that will risk your life until after I’ve claimed you and you’ve finished nursin’ the bit. As the mate of a Master Vampire of the Aurealias line, other vampires have no right to challenge the claim. Not even your poncey ex, his soul makes him null and void for master of the line, Dru’s insanity and being female makes her null and void, heard Captain Forehead has dusted all the vamps he sired when he got his soul and the one I remember him making after his soul kept his soul, so that leaves me. I’m like vampire royalty.”

“Thanks, Spike,” Buffy sniffed. “But you don’t have to do all that, you could just accompany me on patrol would be enough. And, ego much? C’mon, vampire royalty?”

“I will patrol for you,” Spike repeated. “Tha’ way your mates are more likely to trust me, I’ll be showing them that I’m not lettin’ you go out an’ risk your life jus’ so I can have the baby to m’self. Besides, your going to be tired with the twins. As for the royalty, I am virtually a vampire king and you, my love, will be my queen after the claiming.”

“How many times do I have to tell you Spike?” Buffy questioned. “I am not having twins. There is only one baby in here.” She rubbed her hand over her stomach.

“I disagree,” Spike said as he moved his ear down to Buffy’s stomach. “Remember, I can hear heartbeats, so let me listen.”

Buffy sighed in defeat, but the feeling of Spike’s head lying on her stomach was comforting, so she ran her fingers through his hair and sighed in contentment. “So was I right? How many heartbeats do you hear?”

Spike rose and a wide smile spread across his face. “I hear three heartbeats,” he said and Buffy’s face dropped. “One is yours and the other two are our babies’ hearts.”

“Two babies? Twins?” Buffy asked in a small voice and Spike nodded. ‘Oh God’ was the last thing she said before she fainted.


Chapter End Notes:
As I've said, I'm thinking of making this into a series, so I'm thinking of finishing this part here, so let me know if you agree with me or will I finish this part with Giles turning up at the door. Whatever my readers choose, I will be finishing this part soon as that will give me more time to work on Something True and get the next part of the series worked out. Also, if you agree, let me know what to do to signal that the story is complete. Thanks.
P.S. I know I'm being a really big pain in the jugular, but reviews are welcome.