Author's Chapter Notes:
Hey lookie here; I've updated. Sorry it's been a while, but a combo of writer's block and uni have prevented me from updating. I know I said that this would be the last chapter, but when the inspiration came, it lead me in another direction. I know that this part of the series will definately end with Giles turning up at 1630 Revello, just not sure if he drags Angel along. Let me know what you think; Giles bashing or Giles and Angel bashing?
When Buffy came round, she was lying on the couch and Spike was nowhere to be found.

“Spike?” Buffy called out and Spike suddenly rounded the corner, the phone in his hand. “Hey, what happened?”

Spike held up his hand and signaled to Buffy that he was on the phone. “Got to go, Red,” Spike said into the phone handset. “Yeah, she’s awake. Thanks for sayin’ you’ll pick the bit up at nine. See you later.” Spike hung up the phone and walked over to the couch and lifted Buffy up to sit her on his lap. “When I got in, Dawn and Janice asked if they could go over to Janice’s, they were a bit restless an’ I didn’ wan’ them wakin’ you luv, so I phoned Red to see if she would pick Dawn up at nine.”

“I’m so stupid, not asking where Dawn was earlier,” Buffy said as she snuggled into Spike. “But, that’s good, Willow picking her up. We get more snuggle time. Was Dawn in a mood when you came in?”

“Not really, kitten,” Spike said confused. “But she was going on about pickled eggs and ice cream, how it was disgusting. What was that all about?”

“I got hungry earlier,” Buffy said bashfully. “And Katie and Lizzie seemed to want vanilla ice cream and pickled eggs covered with strawberry and chocolate sauce. Dawn and Janice said it was disgusting.”

“I agree with them pet,” Spike said with a funny look on his face. “An’ that’s saying something when it’s comin’ from a vampire.”

“Spike,” Buffy said with a soft slap to his arm. “You mix wheetabix in with your blood. You made spaghetti bolognaise with blood instead of tomato puree. And you offered me some before Dawn told me what you put in it.”

“Yeah,” Spike said with a smirk. “But tha’ was the demon.”

“Yeah,” Buffy said with a smirk of her own. “And I have an excuse too.” At Spike’s raised eyebrow she explained. “Your daughters. They seem to have their daddy’s appetite for strange food.”

“Whatever you say, luv,” Spike said. “But let’s watch some TiVo before Red brings the bit home, then we can go to bed.”

“Okay,” Buffy said with a slight smile. “I think there’s a backlog of Passions on there.”

“Oi.”

S***B

The next morning, Buffy woke up to Spike talking to her stomach and she couldn’t help but smile and run her fingers through his hair.

“Morning, kitten,” Spike said as he turned to face Buffy but kept an ear to her stomach. “Was jus’ talking to the bits, let them get used to my voice an’ whatnot.”

“I know,” Buffy said. “I heard. I also heard you telling them not to make me sick. Tell me; is there a history of twins in your family?”

“Um,” Spike said, thinking back to his human life. “Yeah,” a slight smile graced his lips. “My little sisters were twins and there was six years between us, jus’ like you an’ Nib.”

“That explains why you’re so protective of her,” Buffy said with a smile.

“Partly,” Spike replied. “Also made a promise to a lady that I would protect her to the end of the world.”

“Even if it’s tonight,” Buffy smiled. “You’re gonna be a great dad, Spike. I can tell with the way Dawn spoke of you that summer.”

“An’ you are already a brilliant mum, pet,” Spike said as he sat up beside Buffy. “Jus’ lookin’ at the way you care for Dawn an’ when your mum was ill. It’s amazin’ the way you are able to balance work, patrollin’ keepin’ house an’ caring for the bit. Remember the New York Slayer I told you about?” Buffy nodded. “Well, found out recently that she had a son that she left with her Watcher while she patrolled an’ she still had tha’ death wish I told you about while she had ties to the world.”

“What happened to her son?” Buffy asked, her hand on her stomach in protection.

“Her Watcher raised him an’ told him all about demons an’ whatnot,” Spike explained, linking his hand with Buffy’s on her stomach. “He’s now the Principle at the high school.”

“Principle Wood?” Buffy asked and Spike nodded. “DAWN! GET IN HERE NOW!”

Dawn ran into Buffy’s room in a panic, worried that Spike had smelled RJ at her window. “What is it, Buff?” she asked. “I’m sorry if I’ve done something wrong.”

“You’re not in trouble,” Buffy assured her younger sister. “It’s just, have some weird stuff been happening at school, like Scooby weird, and the Principle has been covering it up like we do?”

“No, why?” Dawn asked. “Is he a demon or something? New Watcher for a new Slayer?”

“No,” Buffy said. “But he is the son of the second Slayer Spike killed. So let us know if he starts asking about Spike or if weird things happen.”

“Okay,” Dawn smiled. “Anya called, she’ll be over at about one to discuss wedding and work stuff.”

“On you go now, an’ get the coffee on for big sis,” Spike said to Dawn and she got up to leave. “An’ the next time you have a guy over, he comes to the front door an’ not your window.”

“Dawn!?”

S***B

Later that afternoon, Spike snuck off to the basement to rummage through what was hiding in the Summers’ basement that would make his and Buffy’s room look good once they had moved rooms. Anya had arrived an hour and a half before and had immediately hunted Spike to the basement so he couldn’t tell Xander anything about her plans. Like he would tell the Whelp anything anyway.

Near the beginning of his hunt through boxes, he came across photo albums from Buffy and Dawn’s childhood. He knew they had all been doctored by the monk’s magic, but it was as if he couldn’t picture them any other way. A picture of Buffy holding Dawn just after she was born, might have been a picture of Buffy holding a new doll. But what the picture appeared to be was cuter than what it could have been. There were also pictures of Joyce ‘both’ times she had been pregnant.

Buffy looked a lot like Joyce when she was younger, so Spike had no problem picturing what his girl would look like in a few months time. Not that he had ever had a ‘thing’ for Joyce but what they said was true; pregnancy does make women more beautiful.

“It’s all the hormones,” Buffy said making Spike jump. He had been so lost in his thoughts about Buffy, he hadn’t realized that the real thing had entered the basement. “Mom told me once that it’s all the hormones running through a woman’s body during pregnancy that makes the skin glow and the hair shine. What have you been doing down here anyway?”

“Anya left?” Spike asked as he turned to face Buffy and wrap his arms around her waist. “Lookin’ at photos from when you were younger. Love this one of you an’ the bit.”

Buffy looked at the picture Spike held out to her and laughed. It was one of the two of them when Buffy was about seven and Dawn was about one; Buffy had got hold of one of Joyce’s eyeliner pencils and had drawn a moustache on Dawn and was trying to force Dawn into her doll’s pram.

“I had just seen Addams Family Values and Dawn was annoying me, wanting to play with my dolls,” Buffy explained. “So I got one of my mom’s eyeliner pencils and drew a moustache on her. I was just about to put her in the doll’s pram and push her down the stairs in it when mom caught me.” A smile was gracing Buffy’s lips recalling the memory. “She was so mad and asked me why I was doing that. I think I replied with telling her I had just watched the Addams Family with Kimberly and Todd, the babysitter and her boyfriend. After that, mom got us a permanent nanny and we never needed a babysitter again. For a while the nanny would call me Wednesday because of my stunt.”

“Why don’t we bring these pictures upstairs for the three of us to go through until it’s time for the doctor’s appointment?” Spike asked as he and Buffy started to put the loose photos back into the open boxes.

“Yeah,” Buffy said with a keen smile. “It’ll be good to go over all the stories with Dawn and scare you off with how wild Summers girls can be growing up.”


Chapter End Notes:
I'm working on the next chapter, so hopefully it won't be long til the next one. If you have any ideas on how the story should go let me know in your reviews.
Oh and let me know if I'm getting too cheesy in the characterisation.