Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the latest update to 'Older'. Sorry it's been so long, but a combination of writer's block, family death, tough semester, wonkey memory key and wonkey laptop are to blame.
Hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently over the summer.
When Dawn came in from school, later that day, she found Buffy and Spike on the sofa surrounded by many photo albums.

“Hey guys,” Dawn greeted. “Whatcha doing?”

“Hey Dawnie,” Buffy greeted as she cleared a seat for Dawn and patted the space next to her. “Looking through old photos that Spike found in the basement earlier. Wanna come look?”

Dawn giggled and bounded into the living room and snuggled up with Buffy and Spike on the sofa. Spike handed her some photos that he and Buffy had looked through already. “What gave you this idea?”

“Anya hunted me down there earlier so that I couldn’t spill her wedding plans to Xander,” Spike explained. “Like I would, an’ I decided to see what stuff you Summers women had stored down stairs. Tha’s when I found a box of photos an’ I loved the one of Buffy forcing you into her doll’s pram after she drew a moustache on you with your mum’s eyeliner.”

“I don’t remember that,” Dawn said as she saw what picture Spike was talking about. “When was that?”

“I was seven and you were one,” Buffy explained. “I had just watched Addams Family Values with Kimberly and Todd, she was the babysitter. Mom fired her after that, mainly because she had invited Todd over when there were strict rules that no male friends were to be invited over. You were just being plain annoying as you had just learned to walk and were following me around. So I was acting like Wednesday was towards Pubert and was getting ready to push you down the stairs in the pram when mom caught me. That was when mom got Kirsten, the nanny.”

“I remember her,” Dawn said. “She was with us until just after I turned seven, wasn’t she?”

“Yeah,” Buffy said. “But dad fired her after she tried to kiss him, I caught her.”

“We are not getting a nanny,” Spike said. “My sisters had a governess and she was almost as crazy as Dru. Tried to get the three of us to call ‘er mum an’ everything. Mum spoke to Da’ an’ he fired her. She got sent to the asylum not long after for tryin’ to snatch some other kid.”

“That was one crazy lady,” Buffy commented. “Will Dru be able to sense our mating once it happens? You know through the sire/childe link?”

“Yeah,” Spike explained as he pulled Buffy closer. “But it’ll just be like whenever a new minion was added to the fold, but I’ll tell her to stay away. Same for the poof. As I said before, I’m not letting him anywhere near the three of you. As far as I’m concerned, my family is now you four girls, not the crazy vampires that have extended my existence for longer than it should have been.”

Both Buffy and Dawn could hear the bitterness in Spike’s voice, so Buffy climbed onto his lap. “But, baby,” Buffy began as she soothed him by running her fingers through his hair, dislodging the curls from their gel confines. “If you had never met Dru, our whole timelines would have been different and I definitely don’t want that. Okay, so I might not like being the Slayer much and I do miss mom, but we’re parents now. I know the babies haven’t been born but since mom died, we’ve been like Dawnie’s parents. Am I right?”

“Yeah,” Dawn agreed as she laid her head on Spike’s shoulder. “It was just like a split household where Buffy would look after me sometimes and sometimes it was you. Then, over the summer, it was like I got to hang out with my friends during the day and when I came home; my dad had made dinner and looked out for me while ‘mom’ was away on business. That’s the way I looked at it anyway.”

“Well, that household is no longer a split one, bit,” Spike said as he wrapped his arms around his two girls. “You’ve got your ‘mum’ an’ ‘dad’ living with you an’ soon you’re going to have two little sisters.”

“Two sisters?” Dawn squealed. “You’re having twins?”

“We’re not sure, yet,” Buffy said determinately. “I mean, we’ve still got to get everything confirmed by the doctor later, but Spike says he hears two heartbeats on top of mine.”

“Oh my God,” Dawn squealed once more. “I can’t believe you are having twins. “Wait, are we going to need to move? You know for when the babies are older so they can have their own room?”

“Not just now, bit,” Spike assured Dawn. “Besides, I think both are girls so they can share a room for as long as they like. But if Buffy and I decide to expand on the family after the twins we will.”

“Why?” Dawn questioned. “You can always wait until I’m at college and use up my room.”

“Not gonna happen, Dawnie,” Buffy smiled. “These babies are gonna want to see their auntie Dawn and as Spike was saying; the five of us are a family.
So you will definitely have your own room.”

“Hey, if we do get a bigger house, it might have a pool house,” Spike said. “An’ once you’re at college, whether you stay here or go away to college, the pool house can be yours. As long as you respect the fact that you have, at least two, little girls near by and behave.”

“I’ll behave,” Dawn promised. “Now, who’s hungry? ‘Coz I feel like Pizza and I ate the last of the leftover Pizza for breakfast this morning.”

“Ewww, Dawnie,” Buffy said as she covered her mouth. “Who eats leftover Pizza for breakfast?”

“Apparently the Bit does, luv,” Spike replied with a smirk at Dawn. “But yeah, I fancy some Pizza. What about you, luv?”

“I’m thinking meat feast,” Buffy said while bouncing on Spike’s lap like an excited child. “Topped with chocolate sauce.”

“I now return your ‘ewww’,” Dawn said. “And top it off with a disgusting much?”

“Now, now, Bit,” Spike scolded. “Leave big sis alone. You can bring this up with your nieces when they’re born, maybe even have someone who’ll eat some of your weird concoctions.”

Dawn just stuck her tongue out and ran to the kitchen where she placed the pizza order to be delivered in 30 minutes.


Chapter End Notes:
Please, please, please review. I'm kinda stuck for what to do in the next chapter other than the doctor's appointment. Plus, I've had one vot for Angel bashing and one for Giles bashing, so can everyone who reviews let me know what they prefer.