Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry I haven't updated in a while, things have been really busy for me. I hope you all like this chapter. I just wanted to say thank you for all the reviews so far.
A/N: Sorry it took so long to update, I have just been really busy. I also found me a guy who is my own little mix of William and Spike! He is so wonderful! ; p





Buffy’s body was falling fast toward the floor beneath her. Spike moved with lightning speed, he wasn’t about to let Buffy hurt herself. He caught her in his arms, and it knocked him off balance, and he fell flat on his arse. It bloody hurt, but at least she was safe. He looked down at her face, she was even more beautiful than the last time he saw her. Spike was brought out of his admiration of his mate, by an angry growl behind him. He was SO not in the mood to deal with Angel’s crap right now.

“Spike, I can’t believe that you were eavesdropping on this meeting. You always have to involve yourself in things that are not your matter. She doesn’t even belong to you, she’s not yours.” Angel growled at his childe.

“Shut the hell up Peaches, you’re talking things that you don’t even know about. So take your big, fat, tall forehead out of my business, MATE!” Spike yelled, pointing his furious gaze up towards him.

“Angelus, I told you a minute ago, this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I agree with Spike. I also told you how I feel about you, if you continue not to listen to me, I will reiterate myself.” Liam growled loudly, glaring up at Angel from his position on the floor in front of Buffy.

Giles fell on the floor, he was rolling with laughter. He thought it too funny that Angel was just getting himself deeper with the two other master vampires. He hadn’t laughed this hard in a long time. Rupert knew that he didn’t have to worry about not being able to protect Buffy; she had two others protecting her as well.

“What in the hell is so funny, Rupert? What does this amuse you?” Angel growled at Giles, scowling at the laughing Brit on the floor.

“As a matter of fact it does bloody well amuse me.” Giles said trying to stop his laughing, but he couldn’t. He let out a snort of laughter. “I think it’s bloody funny that you acted like a jealous prat, when you really have no place in her life.”

“Well, I don’t find it the least bit funny at all.” Angel said angrily. “I am really furious about all this. I don’t appreciate anyone talking to me that way.”

“Liam, tell Buffy I went to go and see Wesley when she comes to, this is too bloody much for me.” Giles said as he walked out, still laughing.

Both Liam and Spike were tuning Angel’s little rant out; they were both focused on Buffy. They heard Buffy’s breathing and heart rate change, and knew that she was coming out of it. Spike caressed her face, amazed by her beauty; he’d always thought that she was beautiful. His deep ocean blue eyes met her deep emerald green ones. Spike was so happy that he held her in his arms again.

Buffy looked up at Spike, she was confused how was he here holding her? Buffy was sure that he was a figment of her imagination. She had wanted him back for so long she thought that it just all had to be a dream. So she moved her had to stroke his face, she felt his cool skin underneath her hot hand. “Spike?” Buffy whispered. He nodded his head and replied. “Yes, pet, I’m here.” Buffy then looked into Liam’s hazel eyes, begging for him to tell her the truth. “

"Yes, sweet, he’s really here, and you’re not dreaming, it’s real.”

“Liam, mate help me move her to the sofa over there.”Spike nodded toward a sofa in the corner of the office, right were the twins were. Liam nodded his head in agreement, picking Buffy up in his arms. Spike got up off the floor, and followed Liam over to the sofa, where he set Buffy down. Liam then sat down behind Buffy, so he could be there for her. He felt her stress building again.

“How? How can you be here? I saw you die in the hell mouth. You can’t be here, I must be imagining it.” Buffy said looking at Spike, shaking her head. Buffy knew that she was going nuts, the lack of sleep getting to her.

“No, pet you are not imagining it; I am really here, sitting in front of you.”Spike said as he grabbed her hand, wanting to assure her, get rid of the doubt in her eyes.
“How did you get back? Did someone resurrect you like they did me?”

“No, love no resurrection for me. One day poof here got a package that contained the amulet, and that contained my essence. He opened the package and out comes the amulet. I ended up coming out of the amulet, love.” Spike said as he looked into her confused green eyes, there he also saw doubt. Her eyes suddenly sparked with fury, and they moved to Angel. Their eyes met and he stepped back a little more, putting more of a distance between them.

“How long has he been back? Why didn’t you let me know? You played a very sick game with my affections. You knew how much Spike meant to me, and when he comes back you don’t let me know? How Dare You!” Buffy yelled at Angel. She was fuming and looking at him made it worse. She felt Liam’s hand rub her back, to ease the tension that was building there. It was starting to overwhelm her. The tears were rising and she couldn’t hold them back anymore. She turned in to Liam and started to cry again. She had gotten used to Liam being her anchor, he was the only one Buffy really had to turn to for almost the last year. She could feel the hurt pouring off Spike, and that hurt her even more, and it made her cry harder.

“Buffy, I’m sorry…” Angel started to apologize to her, but was cut off by Liam and Spike’s furious glares.

“Yeah, Angelus, you are sorry…I really mean everything I said.” Liam snapped at Angel, his eyes flashing. Liam’s eyes then met Spike’s and saw the hurt in the other vampire’s eyes. Spike hurt because she turned to Liam instead of him. Liam read this emotion in the blonde's eyes.

“I am sorry Spike; it has just become nature for her to come to me. Just give her time and she will come around to you again.” Liam smiled when Spike nodded his understanding.

“I understand mate, it’s just that it hurts me. She chose you for comfort instead of me.”
Spike was really hurt; she had chosen comfort from Liam instead of him. He understood that she was still in shock from this discovery. She had gotten used to her situation; Liam had been there for her in her trials and tribulations. He silently watched as Liam paged Giles to come back. He wanted to explain to her what happened, but knew know was not the time. Spike noticed that she was an open crier now, he wondered when that happened. He nodded to Giles as the door opened, and the watcher stepped in.

Liam sensed that Buffy had fallen asleep; she was so exhausted she cried herself to sleep in his arms. He stood and lifted her into his arms, looked over at Giles and nodded to the carriers. Giles picked them up and started to walk out of the office, as Liam turned follow he glared angrily at Angel, and released a low growl at the vampire.

“Spike, will you accompany us down stairs, please? I need a few words with you.” Liam said walking out and not turning around, he could feel Spike behind him.

They stepped on the elevator and once the doors closed, Liam turned to Spike and asked “How do you put up with that every day? I would punch his lights out by the end of the day or night.” Liam laughed as Spike said “You have no bloody idea how many times I want to do so.” Liam knew that he and Spike would get along just fine. “Spike, I do want to get you back with my sister here, and I hope you are with me to help keep Angel at bay. I sense he will put up a fight with us.”

“Yeah, mate I want to keep the stupid git away from my girl, she’s mine. Thank you for helping me get back with my girl. Do you think maybe I could see her later or tomorrow? I have missed my beloved kitten something fierce.” Spike said as he stroked her face, she let out a little sigh. His heart felt like it was going to explode with joy, he was here with her. Spike looked at Liam and felt no twinge of jealousy or possessiveness, in the other vampire’s presence. He knew Liam was not a threat, he was just curious about the vampire that was protecting Buffy.

Liam could see confusion in Spike’s deep sea blue eyes; he also felt no tension from the other vampire, which was of the good. Liam answered Spike’s question. “I will bring her back by tomorrow, she has had too much for the day, and she needs time to think on what has happened. There is also a big chance that if I didn’t extract Buffy from that situation, my sweet Dawn would kick my behind.” Spike let out a laugh; he knew that the niblet had a fierce temper.

“You do know firsthand what kind of temper my sweetheart has. But don’t worry Spike; you will get all the answers you seek. Spike, please give me your number and I will contact you when the time is right.” Liam said looking at Spike and was pleased with the result he got. “I do believe this is where we get off, I will contact you later, Spike.” Liam with a nod of his head walked off the elevator.

Spike hoped it would be soon that he got to talk with his kitten. He didn’t know if he could stand a long wait. Spike’s attention was grabbed by Rupert clearing his throat, Spike looked at him confused. Rupert grabbed Spike’s hand in a handshake. “I’m glad your back, Spike, she really missed you. I must go now, can’t keep them waiting.” He said, releasing Spike’s hand, and walked off, carriers in hand.

Spike looked down and looked at the piece of paper Rupert slipped him. On the paper it gave him instructions on how to get to the house they were staying in, Rupert’s cell number, and to come and visit after dark. Spike was going to grab this chance; he would be able to talk to her without interference of the poof. He would reclaim what was rightfully his, and beat his grandsire out.

Angel was sitting in his office, he couldn’t believe that she would just be loose, and give her love to any vampire who walked by. It had been him, Spike, and Dominic, and he had thought this Liam, but that was a big no.

He was a little sorry he had treated her badly, but his jealousy got the best of him, which nearly resulted in a beating from Liam. Angel just wasn’t going to stand by and watch as his love fell back into Spike’s arms. Liam seemed pretty set on getting them back together, and he had also voiced his dislike of him. Angel got that there was no romance there, after he got the understanding that he was Dawnie’s husband, which is where he got the dislike of Angel from; because Angel knew Dawn despised him with a passion. Liam just looked out for her like a big brother.

Angel also couldn’t believe that Rupert laughed at him and the whole display that went on. It hurt Angel, he thought that he had gotten the watcher’s approval back, but it was apparent that he had not. When had things gotten so complicated in his life? Did he hear right? Hartley? When did that happen, and what was that they had today?

He made a decision right then and there that he was going to find a way to bring his love back to his arms, and keep her out of Spike’s. He would pay her a little visit, once he found out where she was staying, and get some answers to his questions. She was his and he wasn’t going to give her up without a fight. Buffy belonged to him and no one else.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked it.