Author's Chapter Notes:
I kind of had a hard time writing this chapter, I got so many ideas. I hope you like it. I don't own any of the characters, except Liam.
Buffy was sitting on the bed in the council owned house, she was sharing with Giles, and Liam at the moment. She looked at the sheets on the bed; they weren’t as nice as the ones she had at home. She didn’t ever sleep on the nice sheets, they were satin and two sets of silk ones, and they had all been Spike’s, when he left to go to Africa she went to the crypt and took them. She had never washed them, they smelled of him. They were just another thing of his she had to comfort her.

She was wearing one of Spike’s signature black shirts and a pair of grey pajama shorts. She never went anywhere without one of his shirts and the jewelry he gave her. She fingered his Aurelius necklace around her neck as she was staring down at the bowl of fruit Liam had brought to her. She hadn’t eaten all day and he wanted her to eat something. She didn’t have any appetite; her mind was too busy processing earlier events of the day to eat.

She and Liam had a discussion about some of the events of the day. Liam had told her that when he had stepped in the room, he knew that was going to be how things would be going. He knew a couple of guys like Angel, and that would be the exact way they would act. If Angel did try anything else, and Liam was sure that he would, he would be there for her. Liam had also told her that she need to explain a little more about their relationship to Spike, so that way he would understand. He also needed to know about certain events that took place while he had been away from her, and the rest of the gang. Buffy knew that he was right, and that Spike needed to know.

She couldn’t believe that Spike had come back and Angel had prevented her from knowing. It hurt her deeply; she knew that he would keep things from her, but to keep something like this from her? How could he do such a thing to her? He claimed that he loved her, but if he was hiding things like this from her, she didn’t believe him anymore. Spike was everything to her and Angel knew that, she may have left out certain parts when explaining, but he had understood. She grinned, thinking of what Liam had called him earlier. He was right Angel was a donkey’s hind end. Buffy realized that when he had come back, her senior year, he had started acting that way.

Liam had decided that he was going to care for Tara and Will for the night. Buffy’s day had been a long one; she had been through a lot, so he told her to eat and rest, which she currently was not doing. She appreciated Liam doing this for her, but then he always did so. She had put in a call to Xander when she woke up earlier, to check on Dawn and to see how training was going. He had heard how tired and upset she had been, and when he asked what was wrong, she had broken down and told him. He was surprised that Spike was back, and that Angel had kept it secret. It had angered him so much that he told Buffy he was on the next jet to LA, and that the rest of the gang was coming too. Faith and Robin were there so they would watch after the slayers in training. She was happy that her family was coming back to the way it had been before her death.

Buffy was brought out of her thoughts by someone ringing the doorbell, and Giles answering the door, and inviting someone in. She thought it might be Wes, so she didn’t think anything else of it. A minute later there was a knock on her door. “Come in.” Buffy replied, Giles opened the door and said “There is someone here to see you, and don’t worry it isn’t Angel.” Giles said as he watched her face pale. “Let them in.” she replied. Buffy gasped when she saw who it was.

Spike arrived at the Council’s house in LA. He was really nervous about coming to see Buffy, with the exception of today he hadn’t seen her in almost a year. He felt bad about the fact that he had let Angel keep him from contacting her. It didn’t help that he had told Andrew that he didn’t want Buffy to know that he was back. It seemed like Andrew had kept his end of the deal, he hadn’t told Buffy that he was back. Spike was hurt that his mate had to go through that kind of shock today. She shouldn’t have had to have found out that way. Stupid poof for talking to her that way and calling her those names, that really angered him, he had wanted to punch Angel in the face for that. Spike realized that he was grateful to Liam for taking care of his girl, they seemed to have a special bond, which should bother him, but strangely it didn’t. Spike reached for the doorbell and rang it, it was now or never.

Rupert answered the door, knowing that it was Spike. He was glad that the vampire actually decided that he was going to come and see Buffy. It made him extremely happy that Buffy was going to get her happiness. He had come to his realization that Buffy that been right about him after the closing of the hellmouth. He decided to put everything Spike had done in the past behind them and see him in a new light. It did also help him due to the fact that he fathered those beautiful grandchildren of his.

“Spike, I am so glad that you came tonight, please come in.” Rupert spoke as he stepped back to let Spike in. Spike nodded his thanks as he stepped in the door. He looked around the house, it had touches of Buffy all over it, and he noticed something peculiar on the rocking chair, and a smell in the air. The house smelled like babies, and there was a light yellow Winnie-the-Pooh blanket, a John Deere green blanket with a little tractor on it, and a light blue Elmo blanket draped over the chair. Spike got a little curious about why the blankets were there. He noticed that they too were baby sized. He shook the thought from his head and turned around to Giles.

“Is Buffy here?” Spike asked hopefully.

Giles nodded his head and motioned for the vampire to follow him. Spike could feel her presence as they approached the door. He picked up on the baby scent, it was even stronger now, and looked at the wall, and there were two strollers that had the same design as the blankets in the den. He then realized that he had seen the designs earlier in the day when they had been at W&H, and he had smelled babies then too. That was completely odd, but then odd was her business. Spike heard Giles knock on the door and the reply of “come in”.

“Buffy, there is someone here to see you, don’t worry it’s not Angel.” Giles said as he saw Buffy tense up at his announcement.

“Let them in.” she said looking at him.

Spike walked in the door and saw the surprised look on her face.

“Hello, my love.”

“Hello Spike.”

“Umm…I think that I am going to leave you two alone.” Giles said as he hurried away.

Giles left the room and headed toward Liam's room. He had an idea and he only hoped that Liam would agree with him. He knew that it was time for these children to meet their father. Giles had noticed Spike looking around the living room and noticed the blankets. He saw the sadness cross Spike's face at the thought of never having that blessing. The look had crossed and left Spike's as fast as it had appeared. It pained Giles to think that Tara and Will might never actually know their father, know him through pictures only. He decided he and Liam were going to change that.

Rupert knocked on Liam's door, entering when he heard Liam respond “Come in Rupert.” Giles looked at his grandchildren and his heart melted. He picked Tara up out of her swing, and she happily cooed at him in reply. This made Giles smile, looking back at Liam, he started to talk.

“Liam, I have an idea and I am hoping that you will go along with me on it.” Liam smirked at this because by the look on Giles' face told him he was being mischievous and Liam had a feeling that it had to do with a certain couple.

“Okay Rupert tell me what you had in mind. I kind of have a feeling that it has to do with Buffy and Spike. I know that he is here because I felt his signature at the door. When I hear what it is I will tell you my answer.” Liam knew that he and Rupert were thinking the same thing.

“Okay Liam, I will tell you what I am thinking and then you tell me what you think. I think that with Spike being here and no sign of Angel, we should introduce father and children to one another. It hurts me to think that Angel's mere presence could prevent it. I want to say that what you saw was a medium reaction to some of her news and the fact that you came in. I am just trying to think of a way to get the twins in the room with her. What do you think Liam?” Rupert said with an eager look on his face.

“I am with you Rupert, and not to worry I have an idea. Follow me, I will take Tara and you take Will.” Liam hoped that this was going to work. Liam went to the den, grabbed the blankets, and headed towards Buffy's room.

Spike was grateful that Rupert decided that he was going to leave them alone, to talk. They had a lot to talk about, his return and their getting back together again. Spike didn't ever want to leave her again,she was his love and his life. He took in the sight of her, she was wearing one of his black shirts and a gray pair of shorts. She looked very good in one of his shirts. He had noticed earlier in the day that she had gained a little weight and filled out for the greater good. Spike thought that she had more curves in all the right places now. It appealed to him and he thought she looked very sexy that way. He also noticed that her hair was longer now. It fell to almost all the way down her lower back, and it had her natural waves. It made her so much more beautiful to him. Buffy was messing with jewelry around her neck. It was his Aurelius necklace,she probably didn't go anywhere with out it. He was so engrossed in her that he almost didn't hear what she was saying.

“Spike, I am glad that you came to see me. We have a lot to talk about and catch up on. I just can't believe that your back.”

Spike nodded as he walked to sit in the chair across from her bed. “ Yeah, I know, I bet a lot has happened with you love, while I've been away from you.”Buffy just kind of nodded her head at that statement.

“Believe me you aren't the only one my love. I was bloody surprised when I found myself in Peaches' office.”

“How long have you been back Spike? I want to know how long Angel has kept this from me.” Buffy said,Spike took one look at her face and tell that she was starting to get a little irritated again.

“Kitten, I came back in late August. First I was bloody incorporeal, and then one day poof, I was corporeal. I tried to come to you pet but I was tied to W&H for some reason. So I guess I have been back about eight months. I missed you so much love, like you wouldn't believe,I felt like I was dying inside without you. Eight bloody months without you is a long time, pet.” Spike said taking her hand in his.

“I figure it is a long time Spike, but try going a year without your other half, it is just as bad if not worse. Angel better watch himself, because the next time I see him it won't be so happy. I am so pissed, I can't freakin' believe that he didn't tell me that you were back. Well then again I can believe it. I think Liam had it right when he called Angel a donkey's hind end.” Buffy said with a laugh. Spike laughed with her it had been pretty funny to hear him call Angel that. “Liam, doesn't really like cussing. He will when he has to, but he is really too polite to say those types of words. He became my rock almost a year ago after you went away. I honestly don't know where I'd be without him. He has been with me through a lot in the last year. I am so thankful to him and I hope he knows it.” Buffy said with a smile, she meant everything that she said.

Spike had noticed this mellow change in Buffy's mood. He figured it might be a good time to bring up getting back together. “Love, I have been entertaining the thought of moving back to London, if I did do you think that we could start where we left off?” Spike was desperately hoping that she would say yes to this. Buffy looked up at him and he saw a look that confused him. It looked like she had something she wanted to say, but didn't know how to.

“Spike I think it would be wonderful for you to move back to London. We are living in a house in London, and we also have one in Bath, and we wouldn't be that far away, but as for the where we left off, we can never take off from that point. Too many things have happened in my life to go back. Some of the things are very joyous, and some sad.” Buffy's eyes had a somewhat bittersweet look to them.

This only confused Spike even more. He was thrilled that Buffy was living in Bath and wouldn't be far away, but what things had happened in her life? What had been so joyous, and what had been sad?

Buffy took the look on Spike's face as her cue to finally bring up the twins. “Spike, there is something I need to tell you about, and I know that you may not believe it when you hear it.” Goddess, she was really nervous about telling him this news. She was about to open her mouth to continue to tell him about the twins, when Liam came through her door carrying Tara. Spike was a little surprised to say the least, but it did explain the baby things and smells. Little did Spike know that he was about to get one hell of a shock.

“My heart... I know that I said that I would take the babes tonight and let you rest, but princess here won't go down. She fusses when we put her down, and neither Rupert or I can get her to sleep. Our little prince is doing the same thing. Rupert said that at a time like this only mommy dearest can do. Here princess let's go to mommy.” Liam said looking up from the fussy little girl, to Buffy as he handed Tara to her. He looked at Buffy and followed where her eyes were looking as she took Tara from him. “Oh, hello Spike I didn't realize that you were here. Normally I would as you know, but I was just concerned with the child.” Liam turned and brought Will into the room. He prayed that this idea was going to work.

Spike nearly fell out of his chair when he heard Liam call Buffy mommy. He took a good look at the size of the babe, and noticed that the babe was at least no more than three months old. Spike acknowledged Liam's greeting, even though he was in shock. Spike knew that he had heard Liam refer to a little boy, so there must be another babe. Spike watched in silence as Liam brought in the little boy. He walked up to Spike and said “ I hope you don't mind holding the little one here while Buffy calms down his sister.” Liam handed the baby boy to Spike and walked out of the room, hoping that Buffy didn't suspect anything. Spike just sat there in stunned silence as the little boy cooed happily at him. He looked down at the little boy and something felt right, he was a very beautiful baby, blue eyes and those sandy blond curls. “Hello there little fellow.” He looked at Buffy and noticed her smiling down at the little girl. It made him smile.

Buffy was holding Tara as she watched Liam walk out of the room, she suspected that he and Giles had plotted something together. He acted a little nervous, and at times like that it reminded her of when her of Willow in high school, it made her laugh to herself. She would talk to him later and get him to spill. Buffy turned her attention to Tara. “How's mommy's little girl? Did you miss me?” Buffy smiled as Tara happily cooed at her mother. Buffy kissed the top of Tara's light brown hair. She got up and moved to the rocking chair, which happened to be next to Spike.

Spike had found his voice again. “So, tell me love, who's children are these?”

“They are mine, I had them in January, we share a birthday, and it was the absolute best gift I have ever gotten.” Buffy said smiling down at Tara, who cooed back at her. “ That's right you two are the best prezzies mommy ever got.”

“Well, sweet who's the lucky bloke? Please tell me it's not Captain Fish Face. It will kill me if he's their father.” Spike asked, silently praying it wasn't. It would kill him if he was. Riley was not even good enough to touch her, let alone be in the same room as her.

“Nope. It's not him, he actually found me in London, wanting me to take him back. Sam left him, and he wanted to take off where we were. I told him no, because I was already pregnant. Riley started to say something about it and Liam growled at him once, and threw him out the door. Riley told me before he left that he understood that I moved on, and that he was sorry you had died, saving the world. You two hated each other, but when he said it I knew he meant it.”

“Well, I can it surprises me he meant it. Please, tell me that whelp isn't the father, I can't see Anya, letting him near you, to let it happen.”

“No, Xander isn't their father either, and as for Anya, she didn't make it out. She died saving Andrew's life. He said that she was very brave and fought until the end.”

“Wow, I feel bad for Xander, I mean I couldn't stand him, but I am sad that he lost his love. That is a terrible feeling, believe me love, I know. Tell him I'm sorry about his loss.”

Buffy was about to speak when she noticed Spike was making funny faces at Will, which was making the baby giggle. It was making her laugh also. He was so adorable sitting there holding their son. She knew he would be an excellent father to the twins, and she silently thanked Liam for bringing them in here. She then got up and stood beside Spike's chair, and smiled at Will.

“Daddy's making you laugh isn't he? Isn't daddy funny?” Buffy asked hoping that Spike would catch on. She noticed that he got very still, and she could feel him looking at her. She looked at him and if he could get any paler he would be.

“Pet, tell me that I heard you correctly when you said daddy?”

“Yes, you heard me right, Daddy.”

“How, how is it possible? I can't, it's bloody impossible.”

“It happened when we mated, and something with the PTB. Whistler came to see me, and explained some of it to me. He told me that he was going to come back and explain more when the time was right. He explained that it was something about the magics. So yeah your a daddy.” Buffy smiled at him, she could tell that it was sinking in.

“I can't believe it, I'm a daddy! I have children. What are their names? I love you so much kitten!” Spike exclaimed standing up, and giving Buffy a kiss.

“Alright, you are holding William Alexander Hartley, and this is Tara Anyanka Hartley. Tara and Will, I would like you to meet your daddy, William. Will has your hair color and curls, and your piercing blue eyes, and a temper that can really match yours. Tara here has my natural brown hair, and your blue eyes, but not your temper, she is more like me.” Buffy said as she was smiling at Spike. She was really happy that he was so excited about it.

She noticed that Tara was asleep in her arms and that Will was falling asleep. She silently motioned for Spike to follow her down the hall, she was headed toward their room. She saw Liam headed toward his room, and nodded at him to let him know that she was thankful. She also let him know that he was again taking care of the twins and that they would talk in the morning. He just nodded at her, and then Liam nodded good night to Spike.

When they reached the room, Buffy turned on their soothing sounds, and placed Tara in her crib. Spike followed suite and place Will in his crib. He realized that the theme of the crib was John Deere instead of Elmo. Thank god, he wouldn't allow his boy to follow a bloody puppet. Especially after he had to deal with puppet Angel. Spike knew then that he was happier than he had ever been in his life. He wasn't going anywhere, and wherever Buffy and the twins went, he was going too. Spike took a step back and pulled Buffy into a passionate embrace. She leaned into his chest, with her arms around his waist, and his chin on top of her head. Spike was happy, this was his family and he was going to do everything in his power to protect it.

“Kitten, I love you so much.”

“I love you too, Spike.”

“Just so bloody happy right now, I am a father. I also have an absolutely gorgeous mate, an amazingly beautiful little girl, and a stunningly handsome little boy, just as handsome as his father,” Spike grinned as he felt Buffy silently giggle at the last comment. “What more can a fellow ask for?” Spike asked as he lifted Buffy's chin for a passionate kiss. She kissed him back and for Spike this was bliss.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked this chapter. Next chapter we, get a little more back story on Liam.