Spike found himself and Buffy in the kitchen, while they were standing in the nursery watching their babies sleep, her stomach had growled. He smiled to himself remembering how her stomach made itself known. He watched as she was grabbing some pasta out of the refrigerator, he admired her sensuous curves, pregnancy had done wonders for her. He just wanted to grab her, throw her over his shoulder, take to her room and have his naughty way with her. He couldn't, they needed to catch up. Spike hated that he had missed almost a whole year of her life, mostly due to the poof. If he could have found a way to get to her sooner he would have. He wanted to hear about everything that he had missed in the past year. He was going to make it up to her and the twins, he wouldn't ever leave them alone again. Spike was drawn out of his thoughts by Buffy's voice.

“Yum, this is my favorite, Chicken Alfredo. Liam always makes sure we have some at the house. He knows that I love it, do you want some?” Buffy asked him as she reached into the cabinet pulling out two plates.
“Yeah, kitten that sounds good. So since when is Alfredo your favorite? I always thought that Chinese or pizza was your favorite.”

“ They were, but when I was first pregnant with Will and Tara, I couldn't stand the smell of Chinese food, and the tomato sauce upset my stomach. Liam decided that since I loved pasta, but tomato sauce didn't like me ,we would try Alfredo. I never had eaten it before, and then when I tried it I knew it was love. So after that I craved it and so Liam always kept stuff on hand to make it for me.” Buffy replied as she was placing the now warmed pasta on plates. She placed the plate in front of Spike and sat down to dig in to hers. She smiled at Spike as took a bite of the pasta, she laughed at the impressed expression on his face.

Spike really was not one for pasta, but he had decided that if his mate wanted to eat it he would too. He knew that he really liked this pasta. “Wow, kitten that pasta is bloody wonderful.”

“Liam's cooking tends to impress. A year ago I would have told you I seriously doubted that vampires could cook, I mean with the whole blood thing, but after I met Liam and his food, I change my vote on the vamps can't cook. Liam actually eats more like a human than a vampire, he feeds on cow's blood once a week, Thanks to the Powers.” Buffy said as she took a drink of her juice. Spike was really amazed, it seemed like she was the same person and different at the same time.

“Kitten, I was hoping that with the twins asleep and the house being quiet, if you and I could talk. I have so many questions to ask you, and you don't have to answer them all.” Buffy looked deeply into his eyes and just nodded, goddess, she had been away from him so long, she knew she couldn't deny him.

“Okay Spike, I will try my best to answer any questions you have for me. I am pretty much an open book.” Spike grabbed her hand in his and brought it to his lips to give it a kiss. He noticed that the hand he was holding was sporting a ring, his ring.

“Kitten,where did you find this?” Spike asked her pointing to the ring on her finger. He was so happy that she was wearing it, Spike got the feeling that she never took it off her hand.

Buffy looked into Spike's eyes and saw his happiness and curiosity. It pleased her that she was back with her mate.

“Liam and I found this ring not long after I found out I was pregnant. We found the box of pictures that I had sent to LA with Angel. We were going to make a scrapbook for the twins. It was going to be a way to know who their family was, Joyce, Tara,and Anya, plus a way for them to see who their father was. It was Liam's idea, he said that the twins should have something to show who their father was and how much we loved each other. Anyway we found your box, I opened it and found the ring. I only put it on because it made me feel closer to you. I hope you're not mad at me.” Buffy said lowering her head a little. She just now felt guilty for disturbing his things.

“Buffy look at me,sweetheart. I am not angry, or upset with you for wearing that ring. It was intended for you my sweetheart.” Spike looked in to her eyes, and smiled. Buffy could tell that he meant it. Spike pushed a stray lock of hair behind her ear. “I had ordered it during that little spell Red did. When the spell was done it was too late to cancel. So I kept the ring, kept it with my stuff . Her spell brought my love to the surface and it never left. I loved you and I always will. I hoped later the next year that there might be a chance between us. We both know what happened, I saw my next chance after I got my soul and we were getting closer, I was going to give it to you after the fight, but never got the chance. I think I finally got my chance, and I know it was meant to be finally, Love.”

Buffy felt the tears rolling down her face after his little heartfelt speech. Spike leaned forward and kissed away the tears on her face. Buffy leaned in to his hand on her cheek, and moved her lips toward his and kissed him. They shared a gentle kiss. When they broke apart Buffy spoke. “I love you so much, Spike.”

“ I love you too, kitten. Now let's move on from our crying.” Spike said as he wiped away his own tears. He led her to the couch in the living room, their food forgotten. He sat down and pulled her into an embrace. Buffy felt safe and put her head on his shoulder.

“So, love, I have noticed a lot of people have come into your life . Most of them have done good for you, especially one in particular. I am a little curious about the bloke. I am not jealous, just curious about how you met.” Spike looked down at Buffy and their eyes met.

Buffy took a breath. “It is a long story, do you have the time?”

“I have a lot of time, kitten.”

“Okay, I'll tell you.”

Buffy lay down with her head on Spike's lap. Spike noticed her shudder a little, and pulled the butterfly fleece blanket off the couch and placed it over her. “Okay, pet you can start.”

“It all started in 1857. Liam Sean Patrick Kincade was born in Galway, Ireland to Fiona Brianne McNamara and Patrick Kevin Kincade. He was the oldest son born in to a family of nine children, not including half sibs later. In 1870 his father remarried to Deirdre Kyla McNamara. She happened to be a cousin to Liam's mother and, get this they were descendants of Liam Patrick Angelus McNamara's brother Sean Patrick.”

Buffy looked up in to Spike's eyes, and noticed Spike's intrigued interest.
“ So, the poof had a brother. That is really interesting.”

“Yes, so you could color me surprised when I found out. Liam said that according to his Daideó, Angel let his brother live and told him to do good for himself, and restore the family honor. Angel is Liam's great, great uncle.”
“In 1878, Liam and his family moved to London. Liam's father was an Irish Lord, who pretended to be loyal the British crown, but was extremely loyal to Ireland. His family anonymously helped out the poor families in Ireland, contributed and was a part of the Irish freedom movement. His uncle was in Ireland helping out more and used the funds from his brother to help, while Liam and his family lived in London.

"Liam told me that his family lived in the Kensington area of London, and that his father happened to be a friend to one James Underwood.” Buffy watched as Spike's eyes brightened with recognition.

“Liam told me that he attended many parties with the Underwoods and Lady Anne Hartley before she got sick. Liam loved Lady Anne, said she was really kind. She reminded him of his own mother that passed when he was 9. She died giving birth to his youngest sister, Kathleen.”

“He told me of one party in particular, Liam said it was in 1880. It was at the Underwoods' home and a young man about 26 years old let Cecily know how he felt about her through a poem. It was a poem that most would think hideous, but Liam said he knew it had passion behind it.” She felt Spike tense a little beneath her.

“Things didn't go well, and he said the young man fled the house. When he started to tell me this story , I thought it familiar, and asked him a name. The name he gave me was William Hartley. The reason Cecily refused him was because she was in love with Liam. Liam didn't love her and felt horrible for William. Another thing was that Cecily was betrothed to an awful lord already. It was only a few days after the party that everyone discovered that William had disappeared, and about a month later Cecily disappeared as well.”

“Liam was out one night in 1881, and was tempted by a beautiful lady. She put him in a thrall and turned him. Her name was Katrina, apparently a childe of Angel's, and was a member of the Master's court. The powers that be stepped in and rescued him. When he awoke he killed his sire and her mate Johann.”

“He was visited by the Powers and they told him that he was meant for a greater good. He understood about the good fight, he was killed fighting the good fight, the reason he was out? He was the brother to the slayer at the time. His younger sister was the slayer, so not long after Liam's death, Sarah was killed while looking for her brother. It was then that Liam decided that he was going to work for the powers. He traveled all over the world trying to do good. He did so with a song in his heart.”

“Then last July, Giles and I were in Greece trying to find another Slayer in training , and while we were out we came across Liam and he was fighting a snake demon and killed it. He knew that we were watching him, and his moves were amazing. It had us shocked, Liam took that opportunity and presented himself to me. He kissed my hand and said it was a pleasure to be serving the Powers, with a slayer as great and widely known as me.”

“He told me that according to the Powers, he was to be with me, be at my side, to help me through the hard times and slayer training. The second we touched hands is when we created our close bond. Giles and I left Greece and brought Liam to London with us, along with Kalesta our Slayer in training.” Spike sat there and listened to Buffy's story about Liam, while rubbing little circles over her abdomen.

“Well, kitten I am a little curious about him and Niblet.”

“Well, we got back to London, I was about to start showing Liam around the house , training center and the slayer dorms, when here comes Dawn, nose stuck in an ancient text, and runs right in to Liam, knocking both her and Liam down. Liam gets up, and leans down to help her. Once their eyes meet it was total chemistry, and they knew that they had met their other half. I guess you could say that it was love at first sight, literally.”

“I just hope that he treats my niblet well.”

“Spike, he dotes on her, she wants for nothing, he provides, and he told me that he would rather die a thousand deaths, than ever hurt her in a million years. Dawn is not even jealous of all the attention that I get from Liam either, she knows that he and I have a strong bond that can never be severed, ever. I never told anyone this but Anya came to me as a part of the Powers and told me that Liam and I were bonded, not as strong as you and I are but, I am attached to the both of you.”

“That's wonderful kitten, I am so glad that Dawnie, found somebody that is worthy of her, and I actually like the bloke. He seems a lot of alright, in my book. He was there for you when you and Niblet needed him and he took care of my little bits for me, and my mate while I was gone.”Spike said smiling, and placing a gentle kiss on top of her head.

“I love you so much, and I bloody missed you . I wished that I could be with you every second, and I tried to find a way to get to you . Tall, dark, and forehead wouldn't allow me, you see at first I was attached to L.A, I couldn't leave, and then I could , but certain things wouldn't allow me.”

“It figures that Angel, would try and do something like that, keep me away from you. When he showed up in Sunnydale he kind of knew that you and I had feelings for one another. He admitted to me while we stayed with him for three weeks, that Willow had told him about our relationship, and that it was there, it was just complicated. He pressed me on things, but I never told him, and he never realized that I had been claimed.”

“Bloody git, figures that he would try to get something out of you, and as for the claim, I blocked it out so he wouldn't feel it though the connection. When we were in Rome about almost two weeks ago, I thought that maybe the claim had worn off because I had been gone, and that had left you free to date Dominic. I feel like a bloody fool, trying to get to you, to be with you and here you are dating the bleedin' Immortal.”

Buffy interrupted Spike, “Spike, honey, why did you think that I was dating Dominic? I really can't stand him, he is a business associate to the Council. He decided that he liked me, and then when he found out that I was pregnant he backed off until they were born, then he pursued again. Which I totally didn't like. The last time I was around Dominic I was at the club and I was trying to find a demon that had information that the council needed. I told him after that I wasn't interested in him. He took the hint and left me alone after that. He told me that he knew that I was meant for William the Bloody, and that I was still in love with you. Which I already knew at the time . I just don't want to talk about him anymore.” Buffy said as she snuggled closer to Spike.

Spike realized at that moment that he wanted nothing more than to take her to her room and ravage her. He had waited a whole year and he couldn't take it any longer, he had to be with her, and reestablish the claim.

He started to place soft gentle kisses on top of her head, and slowly moved down to nibble on the edge of her ear. Spike whispered in her ear. “Kitten, let's take this discussion some place else.”


Chapter End Notes:
Daideó is Irish for grandfather.