Author's Chapter Notes:
This fic takes place after the Angel Season 5 episode ' The Girl in Question’ this is my first fic so bear with me. No it isn't a story about Angel and Buffy. Angel can be a right 'bloody' git sometimes, but I can't hate him, I just like Spike a whole lot more! Fluff in later chapters.
He loved the way the sun shone in the window of his office through the specially treated glass. It reminded him of a time when he could actually step out in the sun and feel the warmth, but that was almost 246 years ago with two recent exceptions to that rule.

Angel sighed, sometimes he actually wished that he had trusted his instinct in that alleyway in Galway and ran away from Darla. It probably would have made his life a little simpler if he had, but no he had to let his manhood do the thinking for him. If he had run away he wouldn't have met the love of his life, his other half, his slayer, his lovely Buffy Anne.

Angel let out another sigh and turned his chair around to his deck, opening the top drawer, he pulled out a picture of his beautiful slayer. It was taken a few days before the master rose; she was in a beautiful red dress that really showed off her physique. Sometimes Angel wished that he could go back to that time, when she was still pure and things hadn't turned difficult for her yet.

Angel was also regretting that he actually deprived Buffy of the things that he had wanted for her so badly. He wanted to kick himself everyday for taking back the day that he had been human. If he hadn’t, they could have still been together and the things that had happened to her could have possibly been avoided. He could have taken her on picnics, walks out in the sunlight, and given her children. He knew in his heart that she would never have the chance again for all that stuff.

Angel was also feeling a little guilty for not letting Buffy know that Spike was back, but as he saw it the guilt was cancelled out by the fact that she was his. He knew that in the three weeks Buffy had been in LA after the big fight she thought that she really had loved Spike. She had insisted on it when she told Angel about what happened down in the hellmouth. He knew that there were things that she wasn’t telling him, but he figured it was too painful for her to talk about.

He figured that maybe she had come around and would want to be with him now. He decided when he saw her this time he wasn’t going to let her go again. If she found out Spike was back she’d kick his ass for not telling her but he figured she would forgive and forget. She would, he assured himself because she was always his girl.
Angel was brought out of his thoughts by the slamming of his office door and a voice that asked

"What ya up ta, Peaches?"

Angel hurriedly shoved the picture back in the drawer before Spike got close enough to see who it was in the photo.

"What do you want Spike?" Angel asked not really wanting to deal with Spike right now. Angel just wanted to just sit there and brood, and to think about Buffy. Angel knew that she was on her way to LA, only because Giles had contacted Wesley, and Wesley in turn had told Angel. He really wanted to see her again.

“I thought I’d stop by an’ see what my bloody poof ‘f a sire was doin’” Spike replied with his signature smirk, enjoying Angel’s displeasure of seeing him. Spike had always enjoyed being an annoying factor in Angel’s life, especially now that Angel had kept him from telling Buffy when they were in Rome. Spike was a little curious about the thing he had seen Angel shove in his desk, he wondered what it was. Angel had the deer in the headlights look on his face and Spike knew that he had caught Angel in a moment he didn’t want anyone to know about. He was going to try and play his sire on this very delicious discovery of his.

“You interrupted my train of thought on a very important ‘client’, if you are not in serious need of anything, I suggest you leave my office, Spike” Angel snapped at his annoying childe, trying to keep Spike from knowing what was really going on. Sometimes he hated the fact that Dru had created Spike, and the fact that as Angelus he had taken Spike under his wing and taught the fledgling everything he needed to know to be a master vampire.

“Well, what ‘n bloody hell about this importan’ ‘client’ do ya not wan’ me ta know? Why ya shovin’ me away so quickly? I know there’s somethin’ ya not tellin’ me. What do ya not wanna share with me?” Spike asked curiously in hopes that maybe he would piss off his sire enough to make him accidentally slip his answer to him. If that didn’t work Spike knew that he could be really confrontational about this subject which Angel was keeping secret.

“It’s none of your business Spike, it doesn’t concern you and if I have my way it never will. Just leave, Spike, and let me back to my contemplations on this ‘case’. Angel answered angrily, he knew that Spike was trying to get to him and get an answer out of him that way. He was not going to let that happen. Angel glared at his childe and looked down at the file on his desk, acting like he was busy, in hopes that Spike’s vampire ADD would get to him and he’d get bored. He reached for his cup of blood and realized it wasn’t there, so he got up to yell at Harmony for not bringing it in.

Spike decided that he was going to use Angel’s current distraction to his advantage. He walked over to the desk and opened the drawer that he had seen Angel shove that item in to. He opened the drawer and lifted his eyes to make sure the great poof was still busy. Satisfied that he was still distracted Spike grabbed the item that was on top of everything in that drawer, it felt like a photo. Spike turned it over and he felt his heart sink a little when he saw who was in the photo.

It was his love, his soul mate, the ‘one’, his sweet slayer, Buffy Anne Summers. He could tell that the photo was taken before he had come to Sunnyhell. He sighed a little, he studied the girl in the picture, she had always been lovely, and she looked completely stunning in that dress. He missed her so much it hurt. He wanted to let her know so bad that he was back. He wanted to go back to her and live their happily ever after, but no ‘Captain Forehead’ forbid him from contacting her.

Spike had gotten so lost in the picture that he forgot to keep a watch on the poof, he was startled when Angel cleared his throat. Spike looked up and Angel was glaring at him, so Spike glared back.

“Did anyone tell you childe that it was rude to go through someone’s personal things?” Angel asked with a bite to his voice.

“Did anyone tell you that it was impolite to keep a picture of someone else’s girl in your desk, to ogle at and wish that you were still her everything? You Git!” Spike countered his voice dripping with venom. He was angered that the poof was still pining over his girl. She was his, his mate, they had claimed one another the night before the fight, so she was his.

“Oh yeah if she was still your girl, then why did we see her dancing with the Immortal? Hmmm….Spike maybe you can explain that to me?” Angel threw back at him, knowing he had pissed off the other vampire watching his reaction.

Spike’s deep blue eyes widened in anger when Angel had mentioned the ‘bleedin’ Immortal. “OI!” Spike screamed at Angel “She wouldn’t be with the bleedin’ Immortal if you had let me contact her, she loves me she told me so herself, in the bleedin’ hellmouth, Git!”

“Oh yeah really shows me that she loves you, childe, she was just using you until she could get back to her real man. You know who that would be? That would happen to be me.” Angel smirked at Spike.

That was the last straw for Spike, he turned around and stormed out. “This isn’t over yet you stupid git” he yelled slamming the door behind him.

Angel smiled proudly for ridding himself of Spike for a while. If he knew Spike the vampire would go to his apartment and sulk for a while. If he played his cards right, Angel would get to Buffy and convince her to come back, before Spike could make an appearance and ruin it for him.

Angel looked at the clock on his desk and realized that Buffy would be to LA in a matter of three hours, he had to prepare himself to see her. So he rushed off to get ready for her arrival.

Spike watched as Angel left his office, he turned to walk on to the elevator, and he vowed that he wasn’t going to let Angel control him. He was going home to make up a plan to go and see her. Buffy Anne Summers was going to get her ‘big bad’ back.