Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy and Spike play a dangerous game.

A MASSIVE thanks to my Beta LovesBitch91 for going over this chapter for me *hugs*. Also a huge thanks to Edgehead for the awesome banner i love it so much!
Chapter 10

Forbidden temptations

Buffy had been surprised when Jenny and Giles had announced they were taking them all to their lake house they owned just outside Sunnydale. She had to admit it was beautiful. It was the only house on that side of the lake. A large five bedroom, two story house with the lake out front and its own private jetty and lush green forest all around made it peaceful and private.

Cordelia, of course, had known all along. Now Buffy understood why she had made them stop at the surf shop that day at the mall and insisted that Buffy needed some new swimmers. Buffy had steeled for a black one piece but Cordy had insisted she buy a blood-red two-piece. And now Buffy knew why as she looked at herself in the mirror.

The two-piece left little to the imagination and the blood-red brought out the color of her golden blonde hair and green eyes. She smiled happily at her reflection; she did look good. It was two days before Christmas and they had been at the lake house for the past week. Joyce was due back tonight and Buffy was ecstatic even though it meant this would be her last day with Spike.

He had, of course, spent the past week avoiding her; only saying hello when he had to, and otherwise spending most of his time out of the house or hiding in his room.

Looking out her bedroom window she watched Spike doing laps of the lake. Cordy and Xander had gone into town with Jenny and Giles to do some last minute Christmas shopping, leaving Buffy home alone until Spike had returned from town only ten minutes ago.

He hadn’t known she was there and had gone out to the lake, stripping down to his boxers and diving into the water. That’s when Buffy had got a wicked idea; finding her new red bikini she intended to tease him just a little. Grabbing a towel, flinging it over her shoulder and pulling her hair down so it fell around her shoulders in waves, she headed outside.

Spike finished his final lap before resting his upper body on the deck. He was about to pull himself from the water when he saw a goddess walking down the jetty. His breath caught in his throat at the sight of Buffy; she looked stunning.

Long blonde hair bouncing around her shoulders, skin tight and tanned, her two firm mounds barely covered by the bloody red bikini she wore, long tan legs and bare feet - he felt himself harden instantly and knew he couldn’t get out of the water now, not without seriously embarrassing himself.

“Hi,” she smiled at him, dropping her towel on the deck.

“Buffy. I didn’t realize anyone was home.” He swallowed at the sight of her.

“Well, your parents took Cordy and Xander to do some last minute shopping and since I’m all done I decided to stay behind.”

“Well, I’ve got a few more laps to do. Then it’s all yours.”

“Don’t be silly; it’s a big lake, heaps of room for both of us.” She smiled, diving in behind him. He turned to face her as she came up. “Tell me, Spike: how do you feel about skinny dipping?” she smiled coyly. Spike just about choked at her question.

“W..well I guess… it all depends,” he stuttered, stunned.

“I, for one, find it freeing. I hope you don’t mind,” she replied, untying her top piece before throwing it onto the deck. Spike swallowed hard. She was topless, only a few feet in front of him, just out of reach. There was no way he was getting rid of his hard-on now.

“Buffy, my parents could be home any minute.” Smiling, she swam slowly around him letting her hardened nipples brush him as she swam past, turning so her back was facing the deck.

“Actually, your parents called just before you came home. They’re having dinner out while Cordy and Xander see a movie, wanted to know if they should come and get me. I told them I would just order a pizza and stay in, so we have the place all to ourselves for many hours,” she replied, a hint of seductiveness in her voice.

Spike could feel his resolve fading and wondered if it would be so bad to just let her in, just one more time, just one taste. He only realized he was moving when he had her pinned between the deck and his hard chest, her pert breasts pressing against his firm chest.

“You’re playing with fire little girl,” he warned her.

“Maybe I want to get burned,” she whispered. He decided then that he wanted her, had to have her, consequences be damned. Seconds from smashing his lips onto hers, the cordless phone of the deck began to ring.

“Bloody hell,” he cursed. “Don’t you move; we’re nowhere near finished yet luv,” he whispered huskily, pulling himself up onto the deck and snatching up the phone.

“Giles residence. William speaking.” Buffy turned to face him, giggling softly at hearing him use his real name; it was rare to hear it and it sounded strange to her. She had, after all, always known him as Spike. “I’ll just get her for you, Miss Summers. Luv, it’s your mom,” he said, turning to face her. Sighing, she grabbed her bikini top, quickly putting it back on and slipping from the water before she could put the ear to her phone. Spike grabbed her arm. Covering the ear piece, he pulled her close to him.

“Just so you know, kitten that will be coming off again the second you’re done.” She bit her lip, nodding happily before putting the phone to her ear.

“Hi Mom.” Spike smiled, watching the exchange. Grabbing his towel and wrapping it around his waist, he refused to think about what they were going to do the moment she got off the phone. He couldn’t think about it; he knew if he did the William part of him, the part that was so scared of being hurt again, would back out.

No, not this time. This time he had to have her.

“But Mom, you promised.” He heard her raising her voice, the once-happy smile was gone and now replaced with a look of hurt and annoyance. “It’s Christmas,” she whispered sadly.

Spike felt his heart break for her; it was clear what was happening. He knew Buffy’s mother had gone to England to secure an investor for her art gallery, promising to be home before Christmas. It was clear now by the tears shining in Buffy’s eyes that she wasn’t going to be able to keep that promise.

“No, it’s not okay… I’m so sick of being strong and saying it’s all okay when it’s not,” she yelled down the phone. “No, you don’t love me, because if you did you would be here with me and not in stupid old England,” she yelled again. This time it seemed she had heard enough, hanging up the phone and allowing the tears to fall softly and silently.

“Buffy luv…” Spike started, placing a hand on her shoulder only to have her jerk away from him harshly.

“Don’t, alright? I don’t need or want your fake sympathy,” she snapped grabbing her towel and running inside the house. He didn’t know what to do; should he leave her alone, give her time or follow her inside and do his best to comfort her?

Sighing, he made a choice, following her into the house; he could hear her soft crying coming from the lounge room, walking in he found her laying on the couch sobbing, he moved quickly, laying beside her and wrapping his arms around her.

“Nothing I have with you is ever fake luv,” he whispered. This only caused her to cry harder. Finally looking him in the eyes, she wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him softly. Spike pulled back first, cupping her face.

“Buffy, pet, you’re upset. I don’t want to take advantage of that,” She smiled softly, loving that he was being such a gentleman.

“Please, Spike. I just want to be with you. Don’t say no, just kiss me, make love to me,” she whispered, almost begging him. Curiously, she moved in, kissing him again and smiling when she felt him relax in her arms, kissing her back. Standing he scooped her into his arms carrying her upstairs and into his room placing her onto his bed her crawled up next to her kissing her again.

They both knew what would happen here and that there would be no going back. But at this moment they didn’t care; all that mattered was that they were here together.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? what do you guys think?? let me know :)