Author's Chapter Notes:
Cordy really lets Spike have a piece of her mind and also accidentally lets a few secrets of her own out.

A HUGE thanks to my fantastic Beta Pixiecorn (Kelly) who took the time to look over this chapter for me, thanks Hun. Also a BIG thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for the awesome banner.
Chapter 13
A sisters secret

“Buffy, I’m just trying to be honest. I’m sorry but last night was a mistake.”

She pushed the pain she felt at his words to the side as she let anger compel her but she couldn't hide the tears forming in her eyes.

“Well this is one mistake that will happily stay out of your way.” She ground out, opening the door and pushing past Cordy and Xander as she ran into her room, slamming the door behind her.

Cordy jumped at the sound of the door slamming and turned to face her brother. Her eyes narrowed as rage boiled inside her as she stormed into his room, only stopping once she was face to face with him.

“What the hell did you do?” she yelled.




“Not now Cordelia.” Spike sighed, running his hand through his hair. What had he done? What had he been thinking? Oh right, he hadn’t been thinking at all. Got yourself into a right mess now you stupid git! he scolded himself.

He had allowed himself to get caught up in the heat of the moment but try as him might he couldn’t seem to resist this girl Whenever she was around his mind went to mush and all reason and logic flew out the window.

“Oh hell no! I don’t think so." Cordy yelled, meeting his eyes. "You're not getting off that easy. What did you do to her?”

“It’s not of your business, Cordilia.” Spike snapped.

“Oh it’s my business alright for two reasons one," she poked him in the chest. "You’re my brother and two she’s my best friend…" Her eyes narrowed. "Now let me repeat my question. What the hell did you do?” She demanded again, crossing her arms across her chest.

With a deep sigh, Spike caved.

“We slept together… it was a mistake, it never should of happened, Ok.”

“What, like the night in L.A a few months ago?” Spike looked up shocked. “Oh yeah, I know all about that night, Buffy and I have no secrets.”

“I didn’t know she was underage.”

“Maybe not then but you defiantly did this time and her being underage isn’t what I’m pissed about, you clearly have feelings for her so what’s the damn problem?”

“She’s too young it would never work out.”

“Why? Because you and Drusilla didn’t.” Spike’s eyes narrowed at the sound of his ex’s name.

“Don’t bloody bring her up.” He snapped.

“Why not? It’s where it all started, you were young and she was older then you and just when you thought everything was perfect it all fell apart.” Cordy said, raising her voice. Xander placed a hand on her shoulder in a vain attempt to get her to stop but she only shrugged him off and stepped forward.

“And you know what Spike,” she started as she his nick name almost hissed from her mouth.

He was stunned to hear his nickname came from her, she had never called him Spike before and had sworn she never would. It was clear then just how mad she really was with him.

“It had nothing to do with your age difference and everything to do with the fact that Dru was a lying, manipulating, cheating whore.” Cordy took a deep breath in an attempt to calm herself down. “You're making a mistake, William.” She whispered.

Just as he went to say something he was cut off by an unfamiliar woman walking up the stairs.

“Miss Summers!” Cordy smiled, hugging her tight. They had barely parted when a now fully dressed Buffy came barreling out of her room.

“Mom?” she gasped, shocked. “But I thought…” she started but Joyce cut her off with a hug, pulling back to look at her daughter.

“Oh sweetie, I couldn’t stay there," she smiled. "I simply told Mr. Travous that why his investment in the gallery was important, to me spending Christmas day with my only daughter was more important.”

“Oh mom you shouldn’t have done that, I was acting like a brat! I’m sorry. Did you lose the investment?”

“Actually, Mr. Travous was so impressed by my family values and loyalties to you that he signed the contract there and then.”

“What?” Buffy smiled brightly.

“Oh sweetie, from now on you and I are going to get so much more time together. We have a lot of catching up to do starting right now.”

“I’ll go pack.” Buffy smiled, running into the room and throwing everything into her suitcase. She packed her things in record time and ran back out to her mom.

“Buffy, I was just telling you mom we have heaps of food and stuff here," Cordy met Buffy's eyes. "Why don’t you guys spend Christmas with us?” She smiled, praying that Buffy would agree then maybe she could get Spike to work things out between them.

“Oh well, that would be lovely…” Joyce started. Buffy felt panick burn through her like wild flower, there was no way she could smile pleasantly for the next few days with what had happened between her and Spike.

“Oh no mom! I mean, you just flew back from England to start this one on one time. I was hoping we could get in our pj’s and curl up on the couch with some Ben and Jerry’s and watch T.V.” Buffy smiled.

“Are you sure sweetie?”

“One hundred percent.”

“Okay, well thank you Cordy it was a lovely offer but...” Cordy smiled, nodding.

“Let me walk you down to the car.” Cordy said, grabbing Buffy’s bag.

“Buffy could I have a quick word?” Buffy froze at the sound of Spike’s voice, unsure what to do or say. She wanted to tell him to drop dead and storm off but she didn’t want her mother asking questions either.

“We’ll meet you at the car, Buffy.” Cordy smiled, ushering Xander and Joyce down the stairs.

“Buffy, I wanted to say I’m sorry I never meant to hurt you but…” turning to face him, she put her hand up.

“Just stop okay. I don’t want to hear it, just…. stay the hell away from me.”

He nodded, feeling his heart clench at her words, watching as she moved towards the stairs and stopped briefly, not bothering to turn and face him as she whispered.

“I wish I had never met you.” It was soft but still loud enough for him to hear. He fought back the tears that her words brought to the surface, a part of him wishing that she'd never met him either then he could never have hurt her the way he had.

After Joyce’s SUV drove off down the road it was only seconds before Spike heard Cordy slam the front door and come pounding up the stair. He prepared himself for a tongue lashing.

“Tell me in the five seconds Buffy was actually up here alone with you, you said something, anything to make this better?” she asked, stopping in front of him.

“I told her I was sorry…” he started only to be cut off.

“Your sorry? You’re an idiot, you know that! You're ruining something that could be great… how could you do this? You know Buffy has had enough hurt in her life without her becoming one of your one night stands.” She snapped, unaware that her parents had returned and were now standing in the hallway.

“William!” their mother gasped, walking into the room.

“Oh, just bloody brilliant Cordelia! You had to blab your mouth just as mom and dad get home.” Spike snapped.

“You know what," Cordy yelled. "I’m glad they know. Why should you get off so easy? Buffy gets to go home feeling like crap because you can’t make up your bloody mind or keep it in your pants! Maybe you should get a little crap too.” She hissed.

Cordy knew she should stop but she could feel the old vindictive Cordy rearing its ugly head. He had hurt her best friend so much, she hadn’t seen Buffy this hurt even after Angel’s stunt. Turning to face their parents, she couldn’t seem to stop herself.

“Did you know that Buffy and William had met before on a trip we took to L.A a few months ago? He slept with her then too.”

“Cordy!” Spike hissed.

“William!” His mother gasped, shocked. He hated that tone she got, it was the one that made him feel two feet tall and five years old all at once.

“Wait, you where in L.A a few months ago? You never came to see me.” Spike asked, confused. The only reason Cordy ever came to L.A was to visit him and there Aunt Fred and Uncle Wesley and of course to buy shoes.

Cordy cringed, realizing the big mistake she'd just made. She knew she should lie, make something up. Her parents knew about the trip and why she had been there but it was too late, evil Cordy was in full game play and her mouth opened before her brain could even think.

“Yes I was and no I didn’t stop to see you because I was only there for the one night to visit my boyfriend.” She snapped, turning around to face him. Jenny and Giles prepared themselves, looking over at Xander who looked like he wasn’t sure what to do.

“Boyfriend? Since when do you have a boyfriend?”

“I’m almost 18 years old William, I date, I have been dating since I was 13 years old. I kiss, hold hands, I’ve even had sex!” She could see she was pushing him too far, his face was red with anger and his lips where pressed in a tight thin line.

“Who is this wanker huh?” he growled.

“He’s none of your business!” she hissed.

“Alright kids, you need to calm down.” Giles said, moving into the room.

“Answer me!” Spike yelled, grabbing her arm.

“It’s me.” Xander said, walking into the room and standing next to Cordy. Spike let go of Cordy and took a few steps back, stunned.

“You?”

“I love her, Spike.”

“Wrong answer.” He growled, stepping forward and punching Xander in the jaw, sending the boy stumbling backwards.

“Alright, that’s enough!” Giles snapped, stepping between Spike and Xander who was now on the floor, a worried Cordy kneeling next to him. Helping him to his feet, Xander wiped the blood from his lip.

“You’re a bastard you know that. I’ll never understand what Buffy saw in you.” Cordy hissed.

“This ends now! You stay the hell away from my sister!” Spike yelled over his father.

“You don’t get to decide that," Cordy growled. "God, you're such a hypocrite. When mom and dad wanted you to stop seeing Dru you refused, said it was your choice-”

“That was different.”

“The only difference is I’m older now then you where then. Buffy is younger than me and you had no problem bedding her. Xander and I will not stop seeing each other because you say it’s over.” Shaking his head, Spike decided he had heard enough.

“I’m out of here.” He snapped, going to move around his dad.

“Oh no you don’t young man. I haven’t had a family Christmas in four years you're not going anywhere.” His mother snapped.

“I’m not spending Christmas with that liar.”

“I’ll go.” Xander offered.

“No you won’t.” Cordy snapped.

“Cordy, your parents want both their kids here for Christmas, I’m not going to ruin that for them. I’ll see you after Christmas, I promise.” She smiled, hugging him. “I love you.” He whispered into her hair.

“I love you too.” She smiled as he kissed her forehead. He turned and grabbed his jacket and car keys before leaving, not bothering to pack his stuff as it was only clothes, he could get them another time.

Turning back to face Spike, Cordy felt new rage boil up.

“I hate you.” She growled, turning towards her room and stopping at the door, spinning around to face him.

“As for you and Buffy," she met his eyes. "You're going to wake up one day and it may not be next week or even next month or even next year," his shoulders sagged a little. "But you're going to wake up and realize you made a huge mistake and Buffy was the one.” She sighed, opening her door and slamming it behind her.


Chapter End Notes:
So?? what do you think so far?? let me know :)