Author's Chapter Notes:
Buffy & Faith talk ; )

A huge thanks to my Beta DreamScape99 for going over this chapter for me, thanks so much hun! Also a huge thanks to Edgehead (Mel) for the awesome banner
Chapter 20

Unknown confessions

Later that night, Buffy sat looking at Dawn and Connor’s sleeping form. They always looked so sweet together. Faith had gone out to dinner with Angel to talk about them and of course little Connor. Buffy was so happy for her friend. She had finally found him, and if today at the park were any indication, Faith and Angel would soon be an official couple. She wished she could say the same for her and Spike.

Sighing, she moved to make sure Dawn and Connor were tucked in snugly. Hearing a car pull up, she moved to the window to see Angel opening the car door for Faith who had a smile from ear to ear. She could tell things had gone well. After sharing a passionate kiss, they parted ways. Faith moved inside the house, and Angel left in his car.


Moving from the window, she saw Faith enter the room and quickly shushed her. Pointing at the sleeping kids, Buffy directed her out into the hall shutting the bedroom door behind them.

“Oh, Buffy, things went so well. Angel is amazing,” she gushed

“You’re calling him Angel now?” Buffy smiled.

“Well, I like it better to be honest. Liam is a bit of a wussy name.” Faith giggled slightly.

“Oh yeah because Angel is so manly.” Buffy laughed as Faith wacked her playfully. “No really. I’m so happy for you, Faith. You finally found your angel...pun intended.” she smiled.

“It’s not weird cause he was your first?” Faith asked a little unsure.

“No of course not. Angel and I where a life time ago, really.”

“Oh good because I really care about him, Buffy. Honestly, I think I’m in love with him.” Smiling brightly, Buffy hugged Faith tightly.

“It’s a good feeling huh?” Buffy said pulling back to look at her friend.

“Amazing.” Buffy’s smile faded as she thought about her and Spike.
“Buffy what’s wrong?”

“Nothing for you to worry about,” Buffy sighed

“Buffy, you’re my best friend. I always worry about you... is it Spike?” Looking up, Buffy felt her eyes burn with tears threatening to spill down her face. Chin quivering slightly, Buffy nodded.

“Come on, B. I’ll make us some hot cocoa,” Faith said moving down stairs and into the kitchen. Making two hot cocoas with little marshmallows, she moved to sit across from Buffy.

“So tell me what is happening?”

“I screwed everything up,” Buffy whispered.

“B, that’s not true, and you know it.”

“It is. I should have told him about Dawn instead of running away like a coward,” Buffy replied shaking her head.

“Buffy, it’s not like the guy gave you a lot of reason to stay. You told me yourself what happened over that Christmas break… the things he said.”

“I know it was cruel and hurtful, but keeping his daughter a secret from him...”

“You weren’t trying to punish him, Buffy. You were barely seventeen years old, pregnant, and scared with the constant memory of how he thought your time together was a huge mistake. I can understand you fear even if he can’t,” Faith said holding Buffy’s hand in hopes of reassuring her.

“Yeah, but you tried to find Angel to tell him about Connor.”

“True. But my situation was completely different than yours. I had no way of knowing how Angel would react.”

“But you where brave enough to tell him anyway even with that fear... I’m a coward,” Buffy cried softly.

“No you’re not!” Faith said with such force that it made Buffy look up at her in shock. “You may be many things, but coward is not one of them. Buffy, you’re one of the strongest people I know. If it hadn’t been for you, I don’t know where I would be today.”

“What do you mean?”

“When I found out I was pregnant I went to find Angel, but when I couldn’t him I was terrified. The thought of doing this alone… I.... well I considered getting an abortion,” Faith confessed.

“What?” Buffy asked surprised, “But you adore Connor.”

“Of course I do, but early on I was so scared and felt so alone that I thought it was my only option.”

“What changed your mind?”

“My dad and you... I went as far as to book an appointment at the clinic, but that day my dad found the pregnancy test and the appointment slip. He rushed to stop me and found me out front crying.” She took a deep breath and continued. “He thought I had gone through with it, but when they had called my name I just knew I couldn’t. I ran out of there. For a while after that I wondered if I had made the right choice, and even with dad’s support I still felt really alone. Then you came to L.A and even after everything you had been through you where still so positive and excited about having Dawn. You were so sure of yourself and your choices. It made me start to feel excited about being a mom too. I’m so thankful for you… you saved me,” Faith told her wiping her own tears from her eyes.

“So don’t you sit there and tell me you’re a coward. You’re amazing, brave and strong, and if Spike is too thick to realize that then honestly Buffy he doesn’t deserve you.”

“I love you. You know that, right?” Buffy said moving around to hug her.

“I love you too, B.” Letting go, Buffy and Faith moved back to their seats. “So what are you going to do about Spike?”

“What do you mean?”

“Come on, B. I can see the way you look at him... you’re in love with him.” Buffy smiled sadly.

“Even if I was it doesn’t matter. He hates me.”

“You really believe that?” Buffy nodded feeling the tears start to well again.

“Buffy, I have seen him with you. The way he looks at you… that’s not hate. Its love through and through.”

“I wish you were right, but Spike has never loved me. Even when we did sleep together... I was just...convenient.” She swallowed feeling her heart break at her own words.

“Bloody was not!” she heard Spike snap angrily. Turning around, she saw him standing in the kitchen door way. “I may have acted like a daft git, but you were never just convenient.” Buffy hadn’t heard the front door open. How had he gotten inside? Turning back to face Faith, she saw her best friend slip off her seat.

“I’m just going to leave you guys to talk.” She smiled attempting to leave the kitchen, but Buffy stopped her.

“You set me up,” she whispered angrily

“Look, he was pacing the front step when I got home talking to himself. It was pathetic.”

“Oi! I’m not pathetic,” Spike interrupted.

“Yeah actually you were, but just a little,” Faith replied. She saw Spike’s shocked face as she turned to look at Buffy. As annoyed as Buffy was with Faith she couldn’t stop the slight giggle that engulfed her.

“Look, neither of you were going to get here alone. Buffy, you would have spent forever moping about, and you,” she said pointing at Spike, “would have worn a grove in the front porch long before you knocked, so I decided to give a little push.” She smiled proudly moving past them. “Oh and by the way, you’re both welcome.” She smiled skipping off to leave them alone.

“We should talk,” Spike announced once they were alone. Buffy knew he was right. She just hoped it didn’t end like all their other talks with him leaving and her being heartbroken.


Chapter End Notes:
I know it's been a while but i'm now settled into my new house and things are finally calming down so i will be making regular updates on not just this fic but all my WIP, i promise : ) So i hope you will still read and review.